11 injured as car hits pedestrians - teen arrested by Humberside Police

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 8:42:02 AM9/25/22
Humberside Police have arrested a teenager after 11 people were injured when a vehicle hit bystanders at a car meet.

Four people were seriously injured and one is in a critical condition, police said today. The incident happened at a car meet on the Flixborough Industrial Estate, on the south bank of the Humber, at about 9.10pm on Saturday evening.

Police said one car had been in collision with a number of bystanders. A 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Car enthusiasts had gathered on the estate for an event called the Scunthorpe Car Meet. This morning, traffic police retained a presence on the estate, where there were signs of extensive investigations.

In a statement, Humberside Police said: "Emergency services were in attendance at an incident on Flixborough Industrial Estate, Scunthorpe, after reports of a road traffic collision at around 9.10pm last night.

"It was reported that a number of cars had been taking part in a car meet in the area and one car had been in collision with a number of bystanders. It is believed that eleven people have been injured; four seriously injured and one in a critical condition. They are all receiving medical assistance and it is believed that they are in a stable but serious condition."

Officers are now appealing for dashcam or mobile phone footage in order to establish what happened. Inspector John Rickells said: “This is a multi-agency major incident response and we are working with our emergency service colleagues to provide emergency first aid and establish the circumstances of the incident.

"As part of our investigations, a 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. At this time our investigations are at a really early stage, and we will release more information when we are able to do so.

“We are aware that a number of people left the scene prior to emergency services arriving, and they may have witnessed what happened. We would ask that anyone who may have mobile phone/dashcam footage of the vehicles involved both prior to and at the time of the collision to contact us so that we can establish exactly how the incident happened."

Anyone with information or footage is asked to call the non-emergency number 101, quoting log 531 of September 24.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/11-injured-car-hits-pedestrians-7625062

Spike

Sep 25, 2022, 9:04:36 AM9/25/22

--
Spike

Simon Mason

Sep 25, 2022, 9:19:21 AM9/25/22
I can see this spot from my bedroom window.

JNugent

Sep 25, 2022, 9:46:21 AM9/25/22
On 25/09/2022 02:19 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> I can see this spot from my bedroom window.

"Move somewhere less pikey"?

[TM 1997, ukpm]

Spike

Sep 25, 2022, 11:15:11 AM9/25/22
😂

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 11:22:30 AM9/25/22
These little boys think they can drive like they do on the Xbox and play station, soon come unstuck when they start showing off. Scrap the cars fine them and if they injure anyone put them in prison.

Spike

Sep 25, 2022, 11:51:28 AM9/25/22

> These little boys think they can drive like they do on the Xbox and play
> station, soon come unstuck when they start showing off. Scrap the cars
> fine them and if they injure anyone put them in prison.

Perhaps they took cyclists as their role models…

…although these days killer cyclists seem to walk, like in the Kingsland
High Street case.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 1:21:06 PM9/25/22
On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 2:19:21 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> I can see this spot from my bedroom window.

Mind you, it needs binoculars as it is on the Trent 14 miles away!
Helps that there are no obscuring objects in the way. :-)

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 1:26:19 PM9/25/22
2 hrs ago

Got no sympathy. They're a nuisance. Probably a few stolen cars there too.

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 2:09:07 PM9/25/22