Near Miss of the Day 666: Absolute beast of a close pass by mobile crane driver

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2021, 9:10:03 AM11/24/21
This idiot deserved more than a "warning letter".

This is entry number 666 in our Near Miss of the Day series, and it features an absolute beast (pun intended) of a close pass by the driver of a mobile crane.

You can see how the driver of the vehicle – a Liebherr LTM 1040-2.1, to be specific – doesn’t give the cyclist much room to begin with, then cuts in closer and closer due to an oncoming car, leaving the rider just inches from being hit by the rear wheels.

However, road.cc reader Mark, who was on the receiving end of this shocking overtake in Bexhill, East Sussex, told us that the driver received nothing more than a warning letter.

We’re pretty sure it should warrant stronger action than that.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-666-beast-close-pass-mobile-crane-driver-288089

J Nugent

Nov 24, 2021, 5:58:42 PM11/24/21
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 8:10:03 AM UTC-6, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> This idiot deserved more than a "warning letter".
>
> This is entry number 666 in our Near Miss of the Day series, and it features an absolute beast (pun intended) of a close pass by the driver of a mobile crane.
>
> You can see how the driver of the vehicle – a Liebherr LTM 1040-2.1, to be specific – doesn’t give the fairy-cyclist much room to begin with, then cuts in closer and closer due to an oncoming car, leaving the fairy-rider just inches from being hit by the rear wheels.
>
> However, road.cc reader Mark, who was on the receiving end of this shocking overtake in Bexhill, East Sussex, told us that the driver received nothing more than a warning letter.
>
> We’re pretty sure it should warrant stronger action than that.

Of course you do.

And it really doesn't matter whether you're wrong or whether you're wrong (again), does it?