Potential damage to cycling infrastructure

Spike

Oct 4, 2022, 5:23:56 PM10/4/22

Detailed map shows what would be wiped out if nuclear bomb was ever fired
at London as Vladimir Putin warns 'I have lots of weapons'

A detailed map shows what would be wiped out if a nuclear bomb was ever
fired at London as Vladimir Putin warns, "I have lots of weapons." The
President of Russia said this morning that when the 'territorial integrity'
of his country is threatened, "we will use all means at our disposal to
defend Russia and our people."

In his first national address in months, he added: "This is not a bluff.
Russian citizens can be sure that the territorial integrity of our
homeland, our independence and our freedom will be secured by all the means
at our disposal. Those who are trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons
should know that the winds may blow in their direction."

Putin claimed he was responding to threats from NATO officials of 'the
possibility of using weapons of mass destruction - nuclear weapons -
against Russia'.

For now, Putin has announced the 'partial mobilisation' of 300,000
reservists, but if the Russian President did let 'the winds blow' in the
direction of the UK - i.e. use nuclear weapons - London is highly likely to
be targeted as a key city.

Maps of the potential impact of different nuclear bombs on the capital show
the terrible destruction which would result from any bomb being dropped.
Nuke Map, created by Alex Wellerstein, a nuclear historian at the Stevens
Institute of Technology, shows the nuclear fallout if some of the most
notorious bombs were to hit the city, as well as the number of people
injured and likely casualties.

A small bomb such as Little Boy, which was used on Hiroshima, Japan in
1945, would kill some 60,000 people and destroy much of Central London.
While the larger bombs, like Tsar Bomba, the largest USSR bomb ever tested,
would not only wipe out London, but parts of its neighbouring counties too.
Part of the blast would even effect Norwich and millions of people would be
killed and injured.

Sergei Markov, a close advisor of Putin's reiterated the President's threat
of nuclear weapons on the BBC's Today programme. He blamed the British
Prime Minister Liz Truss and US President Joe Biden for the escalation in
tensions. He said: "Putin will be ready to use nuclear weapons against
western countries including nuclear weapons against Great Britain."

"Everybody in the world is thinking about nuclear war now," he added. "And
this is due to the crazy actions of President Joe Biden, and British Prime
Ministers Boris Johnson and Liz Truss."

<https://www.mylondon.news/news/uk-world-news/detailed-map-shows-what-would-25070024?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=organic>

--
Spike