Charlet Moser Goulotte Ice-Axe

david

Feb 19, 2003, 7:57:37 AM2/19/03
I've just found out that Charlet Moser have ceased production of the
Goulotte axe. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one? (or two,
in fact). None of the UK importers seem to have any stock left, but
there might be some left in a shop. I can't believe they've stopped
producing this excellent mountaineering axe.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks

David Crooks

Chris Joor

Feb 19, 2003, 4:55:21 PM2/19/03

Looks like Barrabes still carries them:

http://www.barrabes.com/barrabes/product.asp?dept_id=232&pf_id=4259&opt=

HTH,

--
Chris (btw, my name doesn't need an underscore)

Davy Virdee

Feb 20, 2003, 6:32:14 AM2/20/03
The Guide axe is pretty similar in specification.

david

Feb 20, 2003, 9:44:12 AM2/20/03
Thanks for your help.

Barabes are sold out of the 55cm length, but I've managed to order a
55 and a 60 from another Spanish site, thinkmountain.com. I've also
tracked down a hammer for Ł50!

The Guide is a similar axe, but it's not quite as tough (or heavy) as
the Goulotte, and the spike isn't the same.

Davy Virdee

Feb 20, 2003, 11:01:02 AM2/20/03
david wrote:

> The Guide is a similar axe, but it's not quite as tough (or heavy) as
> the Goulotte, and the spike isn't the same.

Ah - ok.

I always liked the Guide axe and had it down as a replacement
for my mountaineering axe when my Mountain Tech Technical
axe finally dies. Which it propably never will!

jeepn...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 4:12:07 PM6/20/17

jeepn...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 4:14:22 PM6/20/17
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 5:57:37 AM UTC-7, david wrote:
I am posting a Goulotte on e-Bay.
Don