Climbing in south Sweden?

Andreas Reichart

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
I'm going to south Sweden this summer.
Has anyone any ideas about climbing areas and guidebooks?

Thanks.

Andi

Paul Brooks

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
"Andreas Reichart" <andreas....@kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote

> I'm going to south Sweden this summer.
> Has anyone any ideas about climbing areas and guidebooks?

Travelling back from the north to Goteborg last year we stopped off to
stretch the legs near Vanersborg at the southern end of Lake Vanern. The 2
hills of Halleberg and Hunneberg are ringed by crags of c50m? in height and
look to offer some good climbing. The rock is probably dolerite (certainly
igneous), but that is about all I know.

HTH

--
Paul Brooks
Paul....@dial.pipex.com

Swaledale Outdoor Club
http://website.lineone.net/~s-o-c

lee jones

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
There was an article in one or other of the climbing mags a few years back
showing climbing areas and classic routes. will seek if required
Andreas Reichart <andreas....@kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote in message

> I'm going to south Sweden this summer.
> Has anyone any ideas about climbing areas and guidebooks?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Andi

Mike Foster

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
In article <8jamun$sql$1...@neptunium.btinternet.com>, lee jones
<LeeH...@btinternet.com> writes

>There was an article in one or other of the climbing mags a few years back
>showing climbing areas and classic routes. will seek if required

Didn't OTE do an article on Sweden recently (could have been norway I
s'pose) - dunno cos it's a recent one so still in the car 8-)

Sorry not to help much!

Mike

--
Mike Foster
Get my public key from http://www.consultfma.co.uk/fma/mikekkey.asc

olli_p...@my-deja.com

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
In article <395874C2...@kfunigraz.ac.at>,

andreas....@kfunigraz.ac.at wrote:
> I'm going to south Sweden this summer.
> Has anyone any ideas about climbing areas and guidebooks?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andi

Check out the following sites:

www.jug.nu > Västkust guide