Caves in Rushall Birmingham anybody know about them

swebb99

Oct 31, 2006, 7:47:26 PM10/31/06

Me and my cousin came across some caves in Rushall Birmingham in the
middle of a wood by a business park. Does anybody know anything about
them. I can't find anything on the web that mentions them anywhere !

The main cave is about 30-40 ft under ground and opens up into a big
chamber which is flooded. We took a dingy down there and it was fairly
big with side exits off in various directions. The water looks upto
about 40ft deep in places. I'd say in total we rowed the dingy perhaps
300ft inside the cave so its fairly big.

Steve

BrianG

Nov 1, 2006, 4:15:45 AM11/1/06

Suggest you try to Dudley Caving Club (Near Birmingham)

> * Address:
> The Old Ruiton Windmill, Vale Street, Upper Gornal, Birmingham, DY3 3XF
> * Neighbourhood: Dudley (Public house where they meet)

swebb99

Nov 1, 2006, 9:42:11 AM11/1/06

Thanks Brian will do.

mi...@emgee.demon.co.uk

Nov 1, 2006, 1:02:39 PM11/1/06

Whilst that address is correct for where the club meets on a Thursday
evening and you'd be welcome to drop in it's a bit iffy as a mailing
address as the Mill lacks a letter box. Better to email one of the
contacts on the clubs website.

http://home.arachsys.com/~dcc/

Bill on the hill

Nov 1, 2006, 4:04:38 PM11/1/06
Have a look here, its all there!

http://www.fortunecity.com/business/hearst/352/linley/linley.html

Bill

"swebb99" <swe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

swebb99

Dec 4, 2006, 9:50:38 AM12/4/06
Wow thank Bill thats the place :) Amazing couldn't find any info
anywhere.

Like you we had a good look around. Since I sent the original email my
cousin went back down one of the holes with a pick axe !!!!!! He wanted
to make his way through to a previous cavern he thought he could
glimpse on the previous visit but couldn't get to (too tight). After
2hrs he made it through. Not the safest thing in the world to do but he
couldn't resist the temptation.

I take it people dive in the main cavern as I could see ropes drawn
tight in the water.

Steve

bradsm...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2017, 9:26:52 PM1/13/17
Hi, I visited the cave the other day and the water level has reduced a lot. I'm not sure what it is but apparently they lead to Walsall arboretum