Camper van

Whiskers

Jan 14, 2015, 6:29:59 AM1/14/15
I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
the Birmingham show last year.

Has anyone actually used one of that model?

Any hints or tips would be welcome.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Neil

Jan 14, 2015, 10:52:17 AM1/14/15
On 14 Jan 2015 11:29:57 GMT, Whiskers <catwh...@operamail.com>
wrote:

>I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
>being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
>the Birmingham show last year.
>
>Has anyone actually used one of that model?
>
>Any hints or tips would be welcome.

Would this be your first motorhome/campervan?

I cannot comment on this model, in fact it's a very long time since I
had a campervan, over 30 years I think, - it was a 1968 Dormobile
converted, Vauxhall Viva HA van/Bedford Beagle 7cwt light van.
Luxury for one - just comfortable enough for two as long as only one
person was moving about at a time!

Never had a MH since, as I found the inconvenience of having to pack
everything away each time we wanted or needed to drive out, a real
pain! I've only uhad caravans and tents since then.

It might be worthwhile asking on uk.rec.motorcaravans, it's very quiet
there but you never know!

Neil

Whiskers

Jan 14, 2015, 3:28:10 PM1/14/15
On 2015-01-14, Neil <N...@home.com> wrote:
> On 14 Jan 2015 11:29:57 GMT, Whiskers <catwh...@operamail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
>>being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
>>the Birmingham show last year.
>>
>>Has anyone actually used one of that model?
>>
>>Any hints or tips would be welcome.
>
> Would this be your first motorhome/campervan?

It would.

I'm now retired, and on my own, and I want to explore spontaneously. A
trailer caravan isn't practical. I want a bit more comfort and
convenience than a tent.

> I cannot comment on this model, in fact it's a very long time since I
> had a campervan, over 30 years I think, - it was a 1968 Dormobile
> converted, Vauxhall Viva HA van/Bedford Beagle 7cwt light van.
> Luxury for one - just comfortable enough for two as long as only one
> person was moving about at a time!

More or less what I'm looking for. The Lunar is based on a slightly
larger vehicle, but still 'car sized' - and low enough to get into
multi-story car-parks. In 'car' mode it has 4 proper seats, each with a
door, so I'm hoping that it will be acceptable as an 'only vehicle'.

> Never had a MH since, as I found the inconvenience of having to pack
> everything away each time we wanted or needed to drive out, a real
> pain! I've only uhad caravans and tents since then.
>
> It might be worthwhile asking on uk.rec.motorcaravans, it's very quiet
> there but you never know!
>
> Neil

Cross-posted and Followup set; perhaps we can get some life back into
these groups!