What is a "weekend" tent?

James Harris

Aug 3, 2015, 6:54:48 PM8/3/15
I see some tents are described as "weekend" tents. Any idea what that
means? Not suitable for longer than a weekend in some unspecified
way...?

For example,

https://www.gmvacs.co.uk/regatta-premium-2-man-weekend-tent.html

James

CByte

Aug 4, 2015, 8:34:37 AM8/4/15
I can only think it is just a way of trying to add more money to the
price really, such as when they do festival stuff.

Whiskers

Aug 4, 2015, 8:40:03 AM8/4/15
That one seems to be closest to meeting your criteria. What 'weekend'
means in this context is anyone's guess; perhaps the publicity
department could explain.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

James Harris

Aug 23, 2015, 5:23:34 AM8/23/15
"Whiskers" <catwh...@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On 2015-08-03, James Harris <james.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I see some tents are described as "weekend" tents. Any idea what that
>> means? Not suitable for longer than a weekend in some unspecified
>> way...?
>>
>> For example,
>>
>> https://www.gmvacs.co.uk/regatta-premium-2-man-weekend-tent.html

> That one seems to be closest to meeting your criteria.

Yes (the criteria in the other thread, for anyone who is puzzled by that
reference). I bought one of this type and am just back from holidaying
in it. It lasted longer than just the weekend... though space was
limited.

James