New to camping

CBtye

Mar 6, 2015, 11:41:57 AM3/6/15
Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few years
ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-banshee-200-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.

Mark

Mar 10, 2015, 6:31:47 AM3/10/15
How are you travelling?
How many of you will there be?
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

CByte

Mar 10, 2015, 7:00:49 AM3/10/15
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:24:50 +0000, Mark wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:41:36 -0600, CBtye <CB...@home.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
>>it.
>>I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few
>>years ago.
>>
>>I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
>>that is around my price range.
>>
>>http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-banshee-200-tent-p140006
>>
>>I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
>>mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.
>
> How are you travelling?
> How many of you will there be?

Well there would only be me that will be going.
I would more likely to be walking / getting the train to the area.

Mark

Mar 10, 2015, 7:41:32 AM3/10/15
I'm not personally familiar with this particular tent but it does
sound suitable for your needs.

CByte

Mar 10, 2015, 9:06:15 AM3/10/15
OK, thanks
Will take a look at it in store when I can do next

Ed Benton

Apr 25, 2015, 1:44:28 PM4/25/15
The banshee is an excellent tent, but it suffers from issues due to its
shape. Similarly to the Zephyros 2 and Laser Comp tents, it isn't free
standing (guylines need to be pegged out for the tent to stand
properly). This makes it much more hassle to shift the tent to
somewhere with better ground if you find a lump or a slope.

Also, all the height is above your waist, where you don't need it. I'd
recommend the Vango Mirage 200 instead. It's freestanding once the
poles are in so its easy to just get inside and lay down, then shift it
a few feet if it isnt comfortable. Its semi geodesic so much more
stable with its back to the wind. Also theres loads of room at the door
and a generous porch.

See review here:

http://www.hikersblog.co.uk/vango-mirage-200-tent-review/