1st time camping requirements

Stephen

Jun 14, 2017, 10:28:15 AM6/14/17
Hello,

I'm thinking of going camping for the first time this year, with my
children. Is there a list of what I need to buy or borrow?

A tent, a sleeping bag...

Something to cook on or do you eat out?

Chairs and a table if you are "eating in"

A torch or other light for at night

Do you tend to take water to the tent or do you use the camp site
facilities for tooth brushing, washing-up, etc?

What else?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Mark

Aug 1, 2017, 6:57:03 AM8/1/17
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:28:19 +0100, Stephen
<re...@to.newsgroup.invalid> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm thinking of going camping for the first time this year, with my
>children. Is there a list of what I need to buy or borrow?
>
>A tent, a sleeping bag...

A groundsheet (and more than one sleeping bag ;-)

Repair kit, First Aid kit, Mattresses, sun lotion, insect repellent,

>Something to cook on or do you eat out?

Both. And don't forget matches or a lighter.

>Chairs and a table if you are "eating in"
>
>A torch or other light for at night

Very important. And don't forget batteries and fuel.

>Do you tend to take water to the tent or do you use the camp site
>facilities for tooth brushing, washing-up, etc?

We use a water container and the camp site facilities.

Also Coolbox, small water bottles, plastic cups, metal mugs, soap,
sponges, cloths.

Cameras, maps, toys, bikes etc.