ni cads

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 5, 2022, 2:44:12 PM9/5/22
where can I get six ni cads for my museum MODEL ICOM IC2E ?

David Woolley

Sep 5, 2022, 7:02:47 PM9/5/22
On 05/09/2022 19:44, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> where can I get six ni cads for my museum MODEL ICOM IC2E ?

Which battery pack? I believe at least one pack takes loose AA cells.

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 6, 2022, 1:54:10 AM9/6/22
sorry should have said they are for the battery pack 4 AAs

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 6, 2022, 1:57:01 AM9/6/22
sorry 6 AAs...thay should charge from the drop in charger

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 6, 2022, 5:53:34 AM9/6/22
On 06/09/2022 08:41, Jeff wrote:
> <https://www.allbatteries.co.uk/nicd-industrial-battery-aa-1-2v-1000mah-ct-acn9002.html>
>

> I would check that, most packs for AAs are designed so that won't
> charge, so that you don't explode alkaline batteries.
> The pack for the ICu2e was definitely like that as I had to modify mine.
>
> Also be aware that the reduced voltage will give lower o/p power.
>
> Jeff
I am told by the person who had it the drop in charger will charge the
six aa battery pack with nicads in it....thanks for the link

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 6, 2022, 6:00:21 AM9/6/22
od dear payment doesn't work

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 6, 2022, 6:49:30 AM9/6/22
now paid

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 29, 2022, 5:44:04 AM9/29/22
took ages to come from abroad

Catweazel

Sep 29, 2022, 6:19:36 AM9/29/22
Interesting; my IC2E has only the original battery pack BP1; the nicads are special to type to fit.

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 29, 2022, 2:37:08 PM9/29/22
On 29/09/2022 15:58, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 10:44:01 +0100
> "Jim Stewart ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> took ages to come from abroad
>
> Because abroad is not in the near of your location Jim :-p

I thought that was the problem

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 29, 2022, 2:39:45 PM9/29/22
this one had the dry battery case and the drop in charger the bp1 died
which i think had the barrel power socket....hate the bloody thing any
way ....love my aor240a and kp202

A. non Eyemouse

Oct 8, 2022, 8:34:18 AM10/8/22
Someone will be complaining again on the letters page in radcom about
old timers using wide deviation FM equipment on 2 metres.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 8, 2022, 12:57:36 PM10/8/22
I use nothing else,,,,narrow fm is stupid and not required

Julian Macassey

Oct 8, 2022, 1:27:02 PM10/8/22
On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 13:33:32 +0100, A. non Eyemouse
<cow...@work.invalid> wrote:

> Someone will be complaining again on the letters page in radcom about
> old timers using wide deviation FM equipment on 2 metres.

I have been listening for weeks on S20/V4o (145.5), not a peep narrow or wide.
So whatever your deviation, is there anyone around to hear it?

GM5LUK

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 8, 2022, 2:03:49 PM10/8/22
lovely and quiet isn't it

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 8, 2022, 2:04:44 PM10/8/22
On 08/10/2022 18:27, Julian Macassey wrote:
then again I ignore silly callsigns

Julian Macassey

Oct 8, 2022, 2:38:32 PM10/8/22
What's so silly about that?

Julian Macassey

Oct 8, 2022, 3:34:04 PM10/8/22
On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:13:13 +0100, Brian Morrison <ne...@fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

>> > then again I ignore silly callsigns
>>
>> What's so silly about that?
>
> Jim will tell you that you aren't a 1970s/80s foreign national with a
> reciprocal callsign that was revoked and replaced with a G0 callsign
> after Duncan Campbell used their published home addresses to infer the
> position of secret Cold-War era American eavesdropping bases in the UK
> such as Menwith Hill, but maybe me saying this will forestall his
> contributions.

I did know a 1970s G5, G5AFA who worked for the US
Embassy and had a house in Selsey. When I first met him, he had a
room full of Eddystone receivers. When I popped into see him is
Selsey, he had been banished to a caravan in the back yard with
Collins gear. He told me that he had been instrumental with
gewtting the reciprocal licence think going in the UK.

So, I'm not worried about being a G5xxx.

It was G5AFA who was responsible for my downfall.

--
Being irritated by things, or being made happy by things, is a
sign that you are noticing. Do you want to go through life not

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 9, 2022, 5:01:49 AM10/9/22
A GM5 is a receprical call like Hank GM5BKJ

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 9, 2022, 5:02:39 AM10/9/22
On 08/10/2022 20:13, Brian Morrison wrote:

>>> then again I ignore silly callsigns
>>
>> What's so silly about that?
>
> Jim will tell you that you aren't a 1970s/80s foreign national with a
> reciprocal callsign that was revoked and replaced with a G0 callsign
> after Duncan Campbell used their published home addresses to infer the
> position of secret Cold-War era American eavesdropping bases in the UK
> such as Menwith Hill, but maybe me saying this will forestall his
> contributions.

indeed

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 9, 2022, 5:07:45 AM10/9/22
On 08/10/2022 18:27, Julian Macassey wrote:
how stupid is v40

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 9, 2022, 1:18:40 PM10/9/22
On 09/10/2022 14:28, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:07:42 +0100
> "Jim Stewart ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> how stupid is v40
>
> Twice as stupid as S20?

totly

brian

Oct 10, 2022, 3:28:20 AM10/10/22
In message <slrntk3k5b....@n6are.com>, Julian Macassey
<jul...@n6are.com> writes
>On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:13:13 +0100, Brian Morrison <ne...@fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

>>> What's so silly about that?
>>
>> Jim will tell you that you aren't a 1970s/80s foreign national with a
>> reciprocal callsign that was revoked and replaced with a G0 callsign
>> after Duncan Campbell used their published home addresses to infer the
>> position of secret Cold-War era American eavesdropping bases in the UK
>> such as Menwith Hill, but maybe me saying this will forestall his
>> contributions.
>
> I did know a 1970s G5, G5AFA who worked for the US
>Embassy and had a house in Selsey. When I first met him, he had a
>room full of Eddystone receivers. When I popped into see him is
>Selsey, he had been banished to a caravan in the back yard with
>Collins gear. He told me that he had been instrumental with
>gewtting the reciprocal licence think going in the UK.
>
> So, I'm not worried about being a G5xxx.
>
> It was G5AFA who was responsible for my downfall.

Angelika Voss G5CCI campaigned unsuccessfully to have the G5 prefix
retained , rather than have to get a shiny new callsign when the
reciprocity ended . 1980s I think.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

A. non Eyemouse

Oct 19, 2022, 7:11:37 AM10/19/22
It's all about "spectrum" and how much money they can generate from it.
Given the impending financial crisis, I'd anticipate charges for amateur
licences again at some point, double if you want to use 25kHz rather
than 12.5kHz on 2 meters.

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 20, 2022, 6:51:52 AM10/20/22
I would pay double

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 20, 2022, 12:42:39 PM10/20/22
On 20/10/2022 14:31, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 11:51:48 +0100
> "Jim Stewart ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> [...]
>> [...]
>> [...]
>>>
>>> It's all about "spectrum" and how much money they can generate from
>>> it. Given the impending financial crisis, I'd anticipate charges
>>> for amateur licences again at some point, double if you want to use
>>> 25kHz rather than 12.5kHz on 2 meters.
>>>
>> I would pay double
>
> Presumably the toil and the trouble comes as part of the package.

only trouble I have had was some computer thing on a half channel
buggering up to 25 Kc/s simplex channels

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 21, 2022, 3:10:35 AM10/21/22
when some twat comes on with wide deviation...a gateway I think it is
called ....

A. non Eyemouse

Oct 22, 2022, 10:28:07 AM10/22/22
Gateway to where, another hamverse?

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 22, 2022, 10:38:09 AM10/22/22
who knows...the internet ?

brian

Oct 23, 2022, 5:50:50 AM10/23/22
In message <jricvk...@mid.individual.net>, A. non Eyemouse
<some...@work.invalid> writes
Believe it or not, someone has actually looked at it.

Https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/25279014.pdf.

"Let us recall that a wormhole is a solution
to Einstein’s equations that can be understood as a “han-
dle” connecting either two universes or two distant places
in the same universe.

They even use CB terms.

Brian GM4DIJ

--