KW2000E

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 22, 2021, 12:11:13 PM11/22/21
Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?

Rambo

Nov 22, 2021, 3:31:55 PM11/22/21
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:11:11 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?

Try Poland !

Roger Hayter

Nov 22, 2021, 3:59:02 PM11/22/21
On 22 Nov 2021 at 17:11:11 GMT, ""Jim GM4DHJ ..."" <kinvig...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?

Is the dodginess related to condition or provenance?

--
Roger Hayter

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 23, 2021, 2:58:18 AM11/23/21
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 23, 2021, 3:01:01 AM11/23/21
was working but now no rx audio ...easy fix for a valve man I'm
sure.....jap filter ok this time ... comes with a sure 201 hand microphone

Brian

Nov 23, 2021, 11:19:35 AM11/23/21
Jim GM4DHJ ... <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 22/11/2021 20:59, Roger Hayter wrote:
>> On 22 Nov 2021 at 17:11:11 GMT, ""Jim GM4DHJ ..."" <kinvig...@ntlworld.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?
>>
>> Is the dodginess related to condition or provenance?
>>
> was working but now no rx audio ...easy fix for a valve man I'm
> sure.....jap filter ok this time ... comes with a sure 201 hand microphone

Too complicated for you Jim, yet you claim to be superior.

Reminds me of the PA tuning / missing pages business.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 23, 2021, 12:01:37 PM11/23/21
On 23/11/2021 16:19, Brian wrote:
> Jim GM4DHJ ... <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On 22/11/2021 20:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

>>> Is the dodginess related to condition or provenance?
>>>
>> was working but now no rx audio ...easy fix for a valve man I'm
>> sure.....jap filter ok this time ... comes with a sure 201 hand microphone
>>

> Too complicated for you Jim,
anything electronic is....

>yet you claim to be superior.
at least I'm not a classB M3 ...tee hee

> Reminds me of the PA tuning / missing pages business.

it would...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 23, 2021, 12:05:19 PM11/23/21
great to have you back brian ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 23, 2021, 12:21:12 PM11/23/21
...I think we would get on well

Brian

Nov 23, 2021, 2:07:58 PM11/23/21
Jim GM4DHJ ... <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 23/11/2021 17:05, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

>>> anything electronic is....

>>> at least I'm not a classB M3 ...tee hee

>>> it would...
>>>
>> great to have you back brian ....
> ...I think we would get on well

I don’t.

I don’t like bigots and hypocrites.

Rambo

Nov 23, 2021, 3:07:25 PM11/23/21
You don't think much of yourself then?

Rambo

Nov 23, 2021, 3:09:28 PM11/23/21
This coming from the bloke who couldn't figure out how to charge a
Baofeng battery off the radio... !!!!!

mm0fmf

Nov 23, 2021, 5:20:16 PM11/23/21
On 22/11/2021 20:31, Rambo wrote:
Genuine LOL!

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 2:18:57 AM11/24/21
you may not be perfect but we could still be friends ... I'm not that
fussy and I forgive easily...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 2:21:59 AM11/24/21
good...because you are normally a faker ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 3:24:36 AM11/24/21
must be sad to hate oneself and have to go under other names.....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 3:46:45 AM11/24/21
On 22/11/2021 20:59, Roger Hayter wrote:
and no it was not stolen....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 3:46:48 AM11/24/21

Brian

Nov 24, 2021, 6:39:53 AM11/24/21
You obviously can’t afford to be fussy.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 24, 2021, 12:44:12 PM11/24/21
who can

Rambo

Nov 24, 2021, 2:30:41 PM11/24/21
On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:05:17 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
He's about as welcome as Haemorrhoids......

Custos Custodum

Nov 24, 2021, 5:00:33 PM11/24/21
On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 08:01:00 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>On 22/11/2021 20:59, Roger Hayter wrote:
>> On 22 Nov 2021 at 17:11:11 GMT, ""Jim GM4DHJ ..."" <kinvig...@ntlworld.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?
>>
>> Is the dodginess related to condition or provenance?
>>
>was working but now no rx audio ...easy fix for a valve man I'm
>sure....

ITYM "a real radio amateur".

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 25, 2021, 3:27:18 AM11/25/21
come on he is not as evil as cole

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 25, 2021, 3:27:47 AM11/25/21
yip...ideal

Bernie

Nov 25, 2021, 1:47:34 PM11/25/21
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:11:11 +0000
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Anybody interested in a slightly dodgy KW 2000e ?

Is it as comprehensively shagged as the one that you offloaded onto poor
old Duncan?

Bernie

Nov 25, 2021, 1:50:20 PM11/25/21
On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:27:17 +0000
No, I'd say that he's a G R E A T deal worse. But then, I don't share
your fondness of corpulent conservative cockwombles.

Rambo

Nov 25, 2021, 3:35:31 PM11/25/21
On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:27:17 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
Don't kid yourself.

Bernie

Nov 25, 2021, 3:56:44 PM11/25/21
You tell 'im, Chairman Dick!

Honesty is the best polis, see?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 26, 2021, 3:26:54 AM11/26/21
you say that as if it was a bad thing ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 26, 2021, 3:27:30 AM11/26/21
no

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 26, 2021, 3:50:11 AM11/26/21
Cockwomble

A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid
statements and/or inappropriate behavior while generally having a very
high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.

perhaps you are correct bernie ....

Bernie

Nov 26, 2021, 10:39:07 AM11/26/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 08:50:09 +0000
I think that it was Tomlinkingson who introduced that word. He was
talking about Mr G Scumbag-Evans, though.

A. non Eyemouse

Nov 26, 2021, 2:40:21 PM11/26/21
Mike <strike>Batt</strike> KFK will be along with a song for that soon.

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 4:32:16 AM11/27/21
tarry tomlinkinson was a tosser....well gone

Bernie

Nov 27, 2021, 6:06:29 AM11/27/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:32:14 +0000
I quite liked him. Scumbag-Evans even wrote to Tomlinkiingson's
employers to tell them how much he liked him. What better
recommendation can you get?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 7:00:24 AM11/27/21
totly

A. non Eyemouse

Nov 27, 2021, 7:26:19 AM11/27/21

>>> tarry tomlinkinson was a tosser....well gone
>>
>> I quite liked him. Scumbag-Evans even wrote to Tomlinkiingson's
>> employers to tell them how much he liked him. What better
>> recommendation can you get?

IIRC there were things such as voluntary redundancy packages and
emigrating to EA8-land. Then perhaps he just burned himself out, not
been seen here since 2017.

> totly

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 7:27:17 AM11/27/21
good

A. non Eyemouse

Nov 27, 2021, 7:31:40 AM11/27/21
Too much angry usenet posting. How many times have we seen that here and
where are they now?

Bernie

Nov 27, 2021, 8:22:53 AM11/27/21
ARW over in d-i-y land might know what became of him. Jim and
Scumbag-Evans fired homophobic jibes in his direction for a while
before he stopped posting - don't know if that has any bearing on his
disappearance. Can't imagine anyone caring what those two Gentleman
Class As think, myself. But you never know.

Bernie

Nov 27, 2021, 8:23:25 AM11/27/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:31:37 +0000
"A. non Eyemouse" <some...@work.invalid> wrote:

In therapy, hopefully.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 12:41:57 PM11/27/21
gone thank suprime being ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 12:43:00 PM11/27/21
we did well anyway ...

Bernie

Nov 27, 2021, 12:59:57 PM11/27/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:41:55 +0000
Yeah, but how many puffs in an Omicron? That's what I want to know.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 27, 2021, 1:13:21 PM11/27/21
On 27/11/2021 17:59, Bernie wrote:
> puffs in an Omicron

Earn up to 588 Puff Points. Share this product. Description; Additional
information; Reviews (0). The Omicron v2 is a variable voltage portable
pen ..

Bernie

Nov 27, 2021, 3:22:19 PM11/27/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 19:34:12 +0000
Brian Morrison <ne...@fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:59:54 +0000
> Bernie <bernie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, but how many puffs in an Omicron? That's what I want to
> > know.
>
> Omicron <-> moronic
>
> They're anagrams of each other.

Is that the anti-vax amazing fact du jour, Bri?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 28, 2021, 2:48:15 AM11/28/21
no he got it from diy

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 28, 2021, 4:28:03 AM11/28/21
well if he couldn't fix it.......looks like he gave up

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 5:44:10 AM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:28:03 +0000
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 26/11/2021 08:27, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> > On 25/11/2021 18:47, Bernie wrote:

> >> Is it as comprehensively shagged as the one that you offloaded
> >> onto poor old Duncan?
> >>
> > no
> well if he couldn't fix it.......looks like he gave up

Duncan is very capable, I doubt that he gave up. Gave up blogging about
it, more likely.

A. non Eyemouse

Nov 28, 2021, 6:28:12 AM11/28/21
Another Greek alphabet thingy. WHO or WHOever must be betting covid will
be over before they run out of letters.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 28, 2021, 8:11:13 AM11/28/21
yes people and things come and go

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 9:43:08 AM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:11:11 +0000
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 28/11/2021 10:44, Bernie wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:28:03 +0000

> >> well if he couldn't fix it.......looks like he gave up
> >
> > Duncan is very capable, I doubt that he gave up. Gave up blogging
> > about it, more likely.
> >
> yes people and things come and go

Duncan called Scumbag-Evans a cunt and said that he wouldn't be posting
here again, IIRC. Another victory for our esteemed polymath.

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 9:51:45 AM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 11:28:09 +0000
"A. non Eyemouse" <some...@work.invalid> wrote:

They're gonna start giving them callsigns from the G4*** series.

What was the name of the company who used to refurbish 1792s and paint
them like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224709040579 Mr Mouse?

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 9:53:36 AM11/28/21
Should'a looked at all the pictures: Telford Electronics.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 28, 2021, 1:26:57 PM11/28/21
god knows what he called me for selling him an old bag o' nails .... ?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 28, 2021, 1:29:57 PM11/28/21
taking of callsigns has anybody seen that advert f something something
in morse on a bottle...perfume? just caught a glimpse of it on passing
on the TV ?

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 3:49:42 PM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:26:55 +0000
He didn't seem upset with you when you asked about it:
https://groups.google.com/g/uk.radio.amateur/c/4kuY12DM1nk/m/9Oj9uA4JV58J

Bernie

Nov 28, 2021, 3:50:25 PM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:43:14 +0000
Brian Morrison <ne...@fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 20:22:16 +0000
> Bernie <bernie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Omicron <-> moronic
> > >
> > > They're anagrams of each other.
> > >

> > Is that the anti-vax amazing fact du jour, Bri?
>
> I'm not anti-vax as I have had quite a few over the years, just not in
> favour of Covid-19 vaccinations.

Ah, OK. So you're anti-vax in a specific and limited way - gotcha.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 29, 2021, 3:25:27 AM11/29/21
so why doesn't he update his blog ? he has had 14 years ...

brian

Nov 29, 2021, 3:26:38 AM11/29/21
In message <j0i8b4...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
<bernie...@gmail.com> writes
I'd forgotten about the amateur radio glossary. Was it ever collated ?

" Packet: An item which causes your XYL to not speak to you for five
days
when it arrives along with a Waters and Stanton invoice."

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 29, 2021, 4:02:13 AM11/29/21
Doesn't bother the wife...it is a fraction of what she spends on sugarcraft

Bernie

Nov 29, 2021, 8:04:11 AM11/29/21
On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 08:25:24 +0000
Email him and ask, Jim. Tell him you're sorry for your Dodgy ways.

Bernie

Nov 29, 2021, 8:06:15 AM11/29/21
I'd forgotten about the angry GI0 DXexpeditioner.

Lot of anger in that thread - the good old dayz.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Nov 29, 2021, 12:42:45 PM11/29/21
no way josay

A. non Eyemouse

Nov 30, 2021, 3:02:40 PM11/30/21
The old officers mess. Made a few trips up there through the mud for
Racal bits but never a 1792.

Jeefaw K Effkay

Dec 1, 2021, 5:18:01 PM12/1/21
On Friday, November 26, 2021 at 7:40:21 PM UTC, A. non Eyemouse wrote:
> On 26/11/2021 08:26, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> > On 25/11/2021 18:50, Bernie wrote:

> >> No, I'd say that he's a G R E A T deal worse. But then, I don't share
> >> your fondness of corpulent conservative cockwombles.
> > you say that as if it was a bad thing ...
> Mike <strike>Batt</strike> KFK will be along with a song for that soon.

In the cells, overnight, always the same
A blanket upon my head, Beanie’s my name
My face in the local rag, I feel no shame
I’m speak up for decency, hammery’s my game

Twelve words a minute! I still remember the days
When a class B was second class
Seventy cems and above!
But that was before it was wrecked by the R.S.C.B.

Class As are organised, work as a team
Class As are tidy and Class As are clean
On the air, everyday, with a morse key
The Class As of Chippenham ham club are we

Mongolian hoards envy us, they’d like to be
On the ham radio bands, instead of CB
The local plods helping them, every day
Looking for reasons to lock me away

I’m so incredibly, utterly tedious
Making a scene about everything
Even fettled castings
Pick up the pieces and throw them in the wheelie bin
Is what I do

Antennae or aerials, who gives a shit?
Latin words, pedantry, I’m a tedious git
And that is the end of this wombling rhyme
I hope that you think it was well worth my time!?

Bernie

Dec 1, 2021, 5:59:39 PM12/1/21
On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:02:36 +0000
They used to run a regular ad for the 1792s on the back cover of one of
the ham mags - back in the days when coloured ads were a rarity. I
always thought that the paint job looked shite.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Dec 2, 2021, 5:59:33 AM12/2/21
who is that ? ...

Bernie

Dec 3, 2021, 4:32:03 PM12/3/21
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 10:59:28 +0000
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 29/11/2021 13:06, Bernie wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 08:23:15 +0000
> > brian <nos...@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> In message <j0i8b4...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
> >> <bernie...@gmail.com> writes

> >> I'd forgotten about the amateur radio glossary. Was it ever
> >> collated ?
> >>
> >> " Packet: An item which causes your XYL to not speak to you for
> >> five days
> >> when it arrives along with a Waters and Stanton invoice."
> >>
> >> Brian GM4DIJ
> >
> > I'd forgotten about the angry GI0 DXexpeditioner.
> >
> > Lot of anger in that thread - the good old dayz.
> >
> who is that ? ...

Can't say.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Dec 4, 2021, 3:10:30 AM12/4/21