HackRF?

gareth evans

Oct 19, 2022, 5:40:27 AM10/19/22
Has anyone here had experience of the HackRF product,
for it looks to be a potential winner for all sorts
of experiments over all the bands and capability
to be a spectrum analyser as well?

I am sceptic because if something looks too good to be true
then it probably is.

73 DE Gareth G4SDW

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 22, 2022, 2:18:35 AM10/22/22
indeed

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 22, 2022, 2:59:56 AM10/22/22
the ic728 you gave me is still working great got an SM8 desk mic for
it now thanks again

gareth evans

Oct 22, 2022, 4:07:21 AM10/22/22
Hello Jim!
Pleased to hear it.
Unfortunately, the 3rd party involved with the IC728, G0FGW,
has been an SK for a few years now.
The computer that you gave me in exchange for the two ICOM 2M rigs
is still going strong as a backup, but mostly only gets switched on
at the weekends to keep the battery topped up.
The Baofengs have remained unused in the box you gave me.
Not doing a great deal here with radio these days, but recently
acquired an EA12 for restoration and considering the T41-EP project.
Not so much radio these days, mostly horology, mending old clocks.
The march of time, we don't do spark any more, and now most of the
test eqpt I'd acquired over the years, RF genny, AF genny,
RF millivoltmeter, have been knocked into a cocked hat by the
cheap Chinese VNA and spectrum analyser. Used to be a whole
shelf full and half of the radio shack but now little bigger than
a couple of packets of fags!
73 DE Gareth G4SDW (ne G8DXY) GQRP #3339

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 22, 2022, 10:33:42 AM10/22/22
yip nano VNAs are good...not used mine for ages,,,you can keep up with
my doings here ......

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5PxaqL2JhJvzKhLyU9jIPQ/videos

gareth evans

Oct 23, 2022, 11:29:38 AM10/23/22
On 22/10/2022 15:33, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> yip nano VNAs are good...not used mine for ages,,,you can keep up with
> my doings here ......
>
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5PxaqL2JhJvzKhLyU9jIPQ/videos

Just had a brief look.

When you decide to dispose of the KW2000E, I'll take it off your hands,
as it was my first introduction to amateur radio proper in 1969 in G3UOE
at Essex Uni.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 23, 2022, 12:21:38 PM10/23/22
sorry it went a couple of months ago...sorry

A. non Eyemouse

Oct 24, 2022, 4:33:08 PM10/24/22
You've got a Shure 526T I see. Is it better than the 444?

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 25, 2022, 3:55:54 AM10/25/22
On 24/10/2022 21:33, A. non Eyemouse wrote:
> Shure 526Tit was a sure 550 low imp paging mic ...I gave it to a friend and he
uses it with a ft1000 and it sounds great...I used it with an ft1200

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 25, 2022, 3:57:06 AM10/25/22
oh dear

A. non Eyemouse

Oct 25, 2022, 7:48:53 AM10/25/22
The 526T has an amplifier that runs off a PP3. I wired it up for a
Kenwood TS-870S but I got rid of that over 15 years ago and it's been
sat in the cupboard ever since. I probably ought to test it, see if it
works then sell it on some hammy website.

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 25, 2022, 12:34:16 PM10/25/22
hated my 444t in the 70;s nothing but rf takeoff