gala rally

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 30, 2022, 3:35:15 PM10/30/22

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 30, 2022, 3:35:41 PM10/30/22
On 10/30/2022 7:35 PM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PTDBanTHp4
wee tox

brian

Oct 30, 2022, 3:50:31 PM10/30/22
In message <tjmjmb$8ucj$3...@dont-email.me>, Jim GM4DHJ ...
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>On 10/30/2022 7:35 PM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PTDBanTHp4
>wee tox

Yes ,I was chatting to him. I didn't see you. I arrived about 11.15 .
The queue had gone. I bought some ferrite rings. Left for the 13.51
train. Lots of stuff there. An accumulation of 3 years worth of junk,
ONX was there.

Brian DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 3:46:12 AM10/31/22
yip ONX warned me not to get too close as he had had the flue .....big
farmer was there buying nothing but blocking the isles holding court as
usual .....occurred to me this was the old style version of youtube
worship .....at least his leather jacket he wore through the 80's to
rallies has gone....

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 3:50:06 AM10/31/22
On 30/10/2022 20:13, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2022 19:35:11 +0000
> "Jim GM4DHJ ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PTDBanTHp4
>
> All that technology looks very advanced, except maybe the Pye speaker.
>
> Was the radio on the dash tuning high to low?

was going to do HF again with the TS50 but thousands of morons shouting
and bawling on the CQWW contest put me off....yes a 4 ohm pye speaker
gives great volume and clarity .....ft1802 is an oldy but a goody...just
wait until I fire up the HW17A on 2m FM 145.800 Mc/s...tee hee

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 3:50:53 AM10/31/22
sorry AM

brian

Oct 31, 2022, 4:24:06 AM10/31/22
In message <tjnug1$ev4c$1...@dont-email.me>, Jim Stewart ...
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
Len seemed pleased with his oil-filled dummy load. I told Tox I hadn't
used up the heat shrink I bought at the last one from him.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 4:43:26 AM10/31/22
I told Len I had a heathkit Cantenna in the 70's and that was just a
fake...tee hee

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 4:44:46 AM10/31/22
On 30/10/2022 19:48, brian wrote:
went in at 11am left at 12 noon...couldn't move for the big farmer and
his fans ....

Jim Stewart ...

Oct 31, 2022, 4:47:04 AM10/31/22
to be honest it was too crowded and too warm for me...had to get
out...probably because I was wearing a 95 mask.....

Jim Stewart ...

Nov 1, 2022, 6:41:49 AM11/1/22