great guy

Jim gm4dhj ...

Mar 13, 2023, 10:15:16 AM3/13/23

brian

Mar 13, 2023, 5:04:30 PM3/13/23
In message <tunb5g$3psbf$1...@dont-email.me>, Jim gm4dhj ...
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz540sjPlVA&ab_channel=BracknellARC

I knew him when he was in Edinburgh at Leith Nautical College - quite a
way back - 1980s.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 13, 2023, 5:36:53 PM3/13/23
cool

Jim gm4dhj ...

Mar 14, 2023, 3:41:37 AM3/14/23
used to be on this group....gave me a TS700G

Jim gm4dhj ...

Mar 14, 2023, 8:40:48 AM3/14/23
then again garreth gave me a IC728....I must look needy...tee hee

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 9:24:51 AM3/14/23
On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 14:15:11 +0000
"Jim gm4dhj ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz540sjPlVA&ab_channel=BracknellARC

sKumbag-evans is a big fan of Mike's.

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 9:25:41 AM3/14/23
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 07:41:33 +0000
"Jim gm4dhj ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

What makes you think he's left the group?

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 9:32:22 AM3/14/23
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 12:40:45 +0000
"Jim gm4dhj ..." <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Charity one upmanship.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 14, 2023, 12:06:48 PM3/14/23
indeed

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 14, 2023, 12:07:08 PM3/14/23
he is not here

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 12:13:51 PM3/14/23
He hasn't posted for a while, but that's not unusual for him.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 14, 2023, 12:52:24 PM3/14/23
no he is not here

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 12:54:38 PM3/14/23
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 16:52:22 +0000
Is that an observation, or do you have some other information?

Jim gm4dhj ...

Mar 14, 2023, 2:18:14 PM3/14/23
just he is not here

Bernie

Mar 14, 2023, 3:06:35 PM3/14/23
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 18:18:11 +0000
He spends a lot of his time with the fuzzy wuzziess, Jim.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 15, 2023, 3:35:36 AM3/15/23
I miss brian reay I know he is still about annonomousely on DIY as what
he talks about is a dead give away of who he is.....and fmf seems to be
talking to me now as well.....shame I got him mixed up with finger gun
man FYF...my fault

Bernie

Mar 15, 2023, 3:50:23 AM3/15/23
Have they changed your medication, or something, Jim? You seem
perilously close to being rational.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 15, 2023, 8:21:48 AM3/15/23
always was

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 15, 2023, 3:40:13 PM3/15/23
does he ? .... I wouldn't know

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 3:30:29 AM3/16/23
On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 19:40:11 +0000
Yeah, he sells CBs to the Arabs (when he's not writing songs for Ed
Sheeran), Jim.

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 3:32:02 AM3/16/23
On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 12:21:46 +0000
Mmm... and such a cheerful chap, too.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 3:38:19 AM3/16/23
what?

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 3:38:41 AM3/16/23
amur

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 6:33:51 AM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 07:38:18 +0000
Arabs, Jim. Magmounts on camels, that sort of thing.

It's a shame that Mike hasn't turned up, I wanted to know how he was
getting on with that 4m twig that he bought.

brian

Mar 16, 2023, 6:38:45 AM3/16/23
In message <tursg4$pjcj$1...@dont-email.me>, jim.gm4dhj
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes

He's joined young Spike in trolling the cyclists over at uk.rec.cycling
. A dream team.

Brian

--
Brian Howie

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 8:00:36 AM3/16/23
Aren't they just. Burt, apparently, became cyclophobic after being
bullied by a tandem rider. I can't imagine why a fat, windy gammon like
Reay would be so anti, though.

brian

Mar 16, 2023, 8:11:06 AM3/16/23
In message <k7gen0...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
<bernie...@gmail.com> writes
Brian Reay was a casual cyclist. I think Spike had a bike, but probably
can't get his leg over any more.

Brian

--
Brian Howie

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 9:25:27 AM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:10:18 +0000
brian <nos...@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <k7gen0...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
> <bernie...@gmail.com> writes
> >On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 10:33:49 +0000
> >brian <nos...@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> In message <tursg4$pjcj$1...@dont-email.me>, jim.gm4dhj
> >> <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes

> >> He's joined young Spike in trolling the cyclists over at
> >> uk.rec.cycling . A dream team.
> >>
> >Aren't they just. Burt, apparently, became cyclophobic after being
> >bullied by a tandem rider. I can't imagine why a fat, windy gammon
> >like Reay would be so anti, though.
> >

> Brian Reay was a casual cyclist. I think Spike had a bike, but
> probably can't get his leg over any more.

Sources have told me that Burt had a vintage Moulton that he used to
wheelie around on.

Have you seen Burt's attempted trolling of the weather group? What an
odd little chap.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 9:41:35 AM3/16/23
HOW EXCITING FOR YOU

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 9:42:52 AM3/16/23
should I join in with my three bikes?

brian

Mar 16, 2023, 11:13:04 AM3/16/23
In message <k7gjm4...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
Gosh I remember Moultons when the came out. They sell eye-wateringly
expensive electric bikes as well now.

Mind you, the Moulton New Series double pylon is £19,950.00

I'd have penciled in Spike more of an upright Rudge man.

I'll have a nose at the weather group.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

brian

Mar 16, 2023, 11:13:05 AM3/16/23
In message <tuv6cp$1ec1m$2...@dont-email.me>, jim.gm4dhj
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>On 16/03/2023 12:10, brian wrote:
>> In message <k7gen0...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
>><bernie...@gmail.com> writes

>>> Aren't they just. Burt, apparently, became cyclophobic after being
>>> bullied by a tandem rider. I can't imagine why a fat, windy gammon like
>>> Reay would be so anti, though.
>>>
>> Brian Reay was a casual cyclist. I think Spike had a bike, but
>>probably can't get his leg over any more.
>> Brian
>>
>should I join in with my three bikes?

It's an interesting group. I've 2 not counting one of kids ones in the
garage.

I've an old Raleigh pioneer 140 I use at the holiday hacienda and a
Chris Boardman Pro.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 11:44:46 AM3/16/23
got a 28 inch raleigh oakland .....the wife stole mu lovely dahon off
me...got two 20 inch ikea at the trailer perk

Ian Jackson

Mar 16, 2023, 11:57:43 AM3/16/23
In message <tuvdhc$1fkmu$1...@dont-email.me>, jim.gm4dhj
Are English subtitles available?
--
Ian
Aims and ambitions are neither attainments nor achievements

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 12:06:32 PM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 15:02:20 +0000
He's largely given up now. He had nothing new to say, no one would
engage with him, and the xposting to d-i-y didn't spread conflict in
the way he hoped it would.

Poor Old Burt.

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 12:07:05 PM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:41:33 +0000
Jim, Thanks, Jim.

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 12:09:38 PM3/16/23
I've got three¹, too, also, as well!

¹ six, if you count bikes with engines.

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 12:26:52 PM3/16/23
yes

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 12:28:27 PM3/16/23
think nothing of it

brian

Mar 16, 2023, 2:44:32 PM3/16/23
In message <tuvdhc$1fkmu$1...@dont-email.me>, jim.gm4dhj
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>On 16/03/2023 15:08, brian wrote:
>> It's an interesting group. I've 2 not counting one of kids ones in
>>the garage.
>> I've an old  Raleigh pioneer 140 I use at the holiday hacienda and a
>>Chris Boardman Pro.
>> Brian
>got a 28 inch raleigh oakland .....the wife stole mu lovely dahon off
>me...got two 20 inch ikea at the trailer perk

I'm just back, open it up after the winter break. It was very cold. I
did some /P operating in 3 of the contests, 2 in sub zero temperature.
In the first one I got a flat battery and had to haul the genny back
out the boot to re-start the car.

My Raleigh is a hybrid too. I got it over 20 years ago . I used it to
got to work and shops for small items. It's still in good nick but I
think it needs a new chain set. I had to take the back gear off as the
pawls were gummed up and no longer catching. I also put on new
mudguards .

I only use the bike to go to the village shop. The roads down there are
full of mad drivers and blind corners.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

jim.gm4dhj

Mar 16, 2023, 3:31:38 PM3/16/23
LAST YEAR i HAD TO REPLACE THE DERAILIER WITH A £12 AMAZON REPLACEMENT
DOES THE JOB

Bernie

Mar 16, 2023, 3:54:22 PM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:28:26 +0000