[SSDN] Putting a Ceramic Filter in the "Mate for the Mighty Midget" Receiver

SSDN via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Oct 25, 2021, 10:04:38 PM10/25/21

SolderSmoke Daily News

Putting a Ceramic Filter in the "Mate for the Mighty Midget" Receiver

http://soldersmoke.blogspot.com/2021/10/putting-ceramic-filter-in-mate-for.html

It is really simple.  I had one of the +/- 3kHz (6 kHz wide) 455HT filters
on hand.  The spec sheets call for 2000 ohms at both ends, but looking at
the schematic it appeared that I already had high impedance on both sides
of the filter.  I put a .001 uF cap on the input side to keep the DC
voltage off the filter (see above and below). This capacitor allows us to
avoid the dreaded problem of