Gala rally Sunday

51 views
Skip to first unread message

Jim Stewart ...

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 2:01:03 AM10/28/22
to
woo hoo first rally for three years if you don't count Port Seton

Jim Stewart ...

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 3:46:27 AM10/28/22
to
On 28/10/2022 07:01, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> woo hoo first rally for three years if you don't count Port Seton
are you going on the cho cho nice brian ?

brian

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 5:14:13 AM10/28/22
to
In message <tjg1ch$312oi$1...@dont-email.me>, Jim Stewart ...
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>On 28/10/2022 07:01, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>> woo hoo first rally for three years if you don't count Port Seton
>are you going on the cho cho nice brian ?

Yes. It will discourage me buying loads of junk and I can have a sleep
on the way back.

I was at the Scottish Microwave Round Table at Burntisland last weekend
, so that's two weekends in a row,

https://www.lothiansradiosociety.com/society-activities/35-rallies/1279-2
2-oct-2022-gmrt-2022-program

Brian

--
Brian Howie

Jim Stewart ...

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 6:57:50 AM10/28/22
to
On 28/10/2022 10:14, brian wrote:
> https://www.lothiansradiosociety.com/society-activities/35-rallies/1279-2
> 2-oct-2022-gmrt-2022-program
nasty piece of work there top middle

Jim Stewart ...

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 7:10:16 AM10/28/22
to
On 28/10/2022 10:14, brian wrote:
see you there then....you won't recognise me what with long covid and
then a cold that lasted five weeks...a shadow of my former self...not to
mention my abdominal hernie.....

Jim Stewart ...

unread,
Oct 28, 2022, 10:52:33 AM10/28/22
to
hernia

A. non Eyemouse

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 4:08:15 AM10/29/22
to
On 28/10/2022 15:52, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> On 28/10/2022 12:10, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>> On 28/10/2022 10:14, brian wrote:
>>> In message <tjg1ch$312oi$1...@dont-email.me>, Jim Stewart ...
>>> <kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>>>> On 28/10/2022 07:01, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>>>>> woo hoo first rally for three years if you don't count Port Seton
>>>> are you going on the cho cho nice brian ?
>>>
>>> Yes. It will discourage me buying loads of junk and I can have a
>>> sleep on the way back.

Hope the Scotrail strike today doesn't affect this.

>>> I was at the Scottish Microwave Round Table at Burntisland last
>>> weekend , so that's two weekends in a row,
>>>
>>> https://www.lothiansradiosociety.com/society-activities/35-rallies/1279-2
>>> 2-oct-2022-gmrt-2022-program
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>
>> see you there then....you won't recognise me what with long covid and
>> then a cold that lasted five weeks...a shadow of my former self...not

Long cold.

>> to mention my abdominal hernie.....
> hernia

There's more to life than gallstones and haemorrhoids.

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.

A. non Eyemouse

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 4:17:22 AM10/29/22
to
On 28/10/2022 10:14, brian wrote:
Very noticeable in the write-up that there doesn't appear to be anyone
below retirement age doing microwaves any more. At least not in your
part of the world.

brian

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 7:08:12 AM10/29/22
to
In message <js45sf...@mid.individual.net>, A. non Eyemouse
<some...@work.invalid> writes
That's certainly true. That was commented on at the meeting. I've been
messing about with microwaves since the days of Klystrons and Gunn
diodes in the 1970s, Most of the enthusiasts were under 30 then. The
niche activities like this will disappear first. I think it's the return
on time investment that puts people off. Too many other distractions.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Ian Jackson

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 8:41:37 AM10/29/22
to
In message <js45bc...@mid.individual.net>, A. non Eyemouse
<some...@work.invalid> writes
And prostate problems.
--
Iam

Catweazel

unread,
Oct 30, 2022, 3:18:08 PM10/30/22
to
and dickie tickers.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

unread,
Oct 30, 2022, 3:34:50 PM10/30/22
to

Bernie

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 4:30:28 AM12/29/22
to
I read that there were 36 present at the Scottish Round Table: what
sort of numbers did you get in the 1970s?


Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 6:20:15 AM12/29/22
to
like lazy arsed professional Class Bs getting HF for no effort

Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 6:21:39 AM12/29/22
to

Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 6:22:58 AM12/29/22
to
or do they count twice?

Bernie

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 6:32:50 AM12/29/22
to
Still got a fascination with homosexuality, then, Jim.


Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 9:53:02 AM12/29/22
to
not as much as people with HMO and LSY callsigns

Bernie

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 2:46:40 PM12/29/22
to
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 14:52:59 +0000
Don't know them. Why are you fascinated by them, Jim?

jim.gm4dhj

unread,
Dec 29, 2022, 4:16:27 PM12/29/22
to
why not

Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 30, 2022, 3:02:04 AM12/30/22
to
Last night....Won't going back to a man on S20 calling himself louise
and be expected to keep a straight face and go along with the
charade...........like some twit just did

MM7LUB............louise my fukin arse

don't know who is worse........louise or the idiot humouring him and
this ridiculous facade and the insult this is even to those of the most
minimal intelligence


all legal with his "rights" now in scotland..........yet polling shows
81% do not agree with saint nicholas of the sturgeon's new laws
disallowing facts - where does that leave any decent person trying to
defend themself in a scottish court / under sturgeon law


brian

unread,
Dec 30, 2022, 9:16:11 AM12/30/22
to
In message <k1551h...@mid.individual.net>, Bernie
<bernie...@gmail.com> writes
There weren't any in the 70s. Scottish VHF Convention was the closest to
it, which was well attended. First Round Table I've been to.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Jim gm4dhj ...

unread,
Dec 31, 2022, 11:50:52 AM12/31/22
to
was that because the tree tops hotel in Aberdeen was blown up?

brian

unread,
Jan 2, 2023, 4:59:42 AMJan 2
to
In message <topp99$12dqh$5...@dont-email.me>, Jim gm4dhj ...
<kinvig...@ntlworld.com> writes
>> Brian
>was that because the tree tops hotel in Aberdeen was blown up?

I stayed in it at the convention and it blew up the following week.
Wisnae me.

B
--
Brian Howie

jim.gm4dhj

unread,
Jan 2, 2023, 2:03:14 PMJan 2
to
bet it was
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages