Wise Gene Simmons of KISS says Donald Trump 'got all the cockroaches to rise to the top '

Gary

Feb 21, 2024, 6:30:26 PMFeb 21
Gene Simmons says Donald Trump “got all the cockroaches to rise to the
top”

Gene Simmons has taken aim at former Donald Trump in the wake of the Texas
school shooting that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

Gene Simmons has taken aim at former US President Donald Trump in the wake
of the Texas elementary school shooting that left 19 students and two
teachers dead.

In an interview with SPIN, the KISS rocker and former Celebrity Apprentice
contestant didn’t hold back on his thoughts on Trump and the rippling
effect of his controversial run as president of the United States.

“I know the previous [US] President,” Simmons said. “I knew him before he
entered politics. Look what that gentleman did to this country and the
polarisation — got all the cockroaches to rise to the top. Once upon a
time, you were embarrassed to be publicly racist and out there with
conspiracy theories. Now it’s all out in the open because he allowed it.”

Simmons also criticised Trump for merging his role as a businessman with
his role as president.

“You have a different responsibility when you’re just a citizen or an
entrepreneur,” he said. “You don’t make policy. It doesn’t affect life and
death. When you get into a position of power, it does affect lives.”

Simmons added, “I don’t think he’s a Republican or a Democrat. He’s out
for himself, any way you can get there. And in the last election, over 70
million people bought it hook, line, and sinker.”

The rock legend didn’t stop there, as he went on to criticise current US
President Joe Biden, despite saying he liked his “Ethics and morality”.
Love Classic Rock?

Get the latest Classic Rock news, features, updates and giveaways straight
to your inbox Learn more
“The current president [Joe Biden], I like the ethics and morality — not a
charismatic guy, unfortunately,” Simmons said. “The first word I keep
hearing from people, even friends is ‘feeble.’ I don’t think he should run
next time. So then who’s around? There are no stars and invariably people
vote for stars, not even what they believe in. The cult of personality.
Americans are star obsessed: ‘Kylie’s got a new lip gloss? F**k!’”