Re: America's oldest gun maker Remington files for bankruptcy after 200 years in business

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 7:55:57 AM3/26/18
Did you get one shipped out just in time.

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: Company's sales have fallen significantly in the last year, firm's chief
: financial officer admits.
:
:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/remington-bankrupt-gun-maker-rifles-us-oldest-gun-control-florida-shooting-a8273751.html
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 7:56:16 AM3/26/18
Liar!

: On 26/03/2018 12:35, Uncle Monster wrote:
: > On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 6:23:54 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >> Company's sales have fallen significantly in the last year, firm's
chief
: >> financial officer admits.
: >>
: >>
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/remington-bankrupt-gun-maker-rifles-us-oldest-gun-control-florida-shooting-a8273751.html
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: >
: > How has this affected you? Did you plan on buying a gun? Do you own
stock in the company? Is it costing you money? Are you now going to have to
find another source of machine guns for your terrorist activities? Are you
sad? o_O
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
: >
: Seems like the love affair with guns in the US is waning.
: I feel sad for the guys who will lose their jobs over this closure.
:
: --
: Bod

permissiontospeakfreelySIR

Mar 26, 2018, 8:45:06 AM3/26/18
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:55:59 -0400, BurfordTJustice wrote:

remington, underwood used to make guns and typewriters

there were 'underwood' guns

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:56:24 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: On 26/03/2018 12:58, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >
: >
: > You still haven't answered the questions. So typical of a Leftist. ^_^
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Assault Monster
: >
: Why do you ask such mindless questions?
: If you can't answer any of those questions yourself when you know my
: feelings on guns perfectly well, then you must be extremely mentally
: challenged.
:
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:56:32 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: On 26/03/2018 13:11, Uncle Monster wrote:
: > You still haven't answered any of the questions. I will assume it
doesn't concern you at all and you're simply an anti-firearms loon. ^_^
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Armed Monster
: >
: If you had a brain, you would know the answers to all of your silly
: questions.
: No I don't need nor want a gun.
: If in your mind that makes me a loon, then so be it.
: I'm a Conservative BTW. Never voted Liberal or Labour.
: What does make me sad is any loss of jobs.
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:56:42 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: On 26/03/2018 13:31, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >
: >
: > So it has no effect on you at all and you are simply infatuated with The
United States because there are NO problems in YOUR country. ^_^
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
: >
: I don't know about being infatuated with the US, but yes I like the US
: lot and thoroughly enjoyed my short stay in Tennessee and Florida.
: I only saw the insides of the airports in North Carolina and Chicago
: though sadly. St Petersburgh was very pleasant and I met some nice guys
: there.
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:56:53 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: On 26/03/2018 15:05, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >
: >
: > So you feel you must save us from ourselves? The population of The
United States is approximately 330,000,000 and the Liberal Leftist news
media would have you believe that it's the Wild Wild Weast with a murder on
every block. Personally, the last time I fired a gun was in the early
1980's. The great majority of any crime involving firearms is in those
places that have the strictest gun control laws. We don't need gun control,
we need crazy people and criminal control. I thought up a way to fight
violent crime. The first conviction, one eyeball is removed from the
criminal. Upon the second conviction, the remaining eyeball is removed. You
won't find many blind armed robbers or blind violent criminals. ^_^
: >
: > When you were in the Southern States did you witness any shootouts other
than on TV? Did you see large numbers of everyday citizens walking around
with firearms? I'm guessing you didn't. Hell, I own a pistol I've never
fired. I've never pointed it at anyone or waved it around like a lunatic.
The hysterical reporting by the Liberal Leftist news media would have you
believe toddlers were armed. More people die in The United States from
medical errors than they do from guns but you don't hear the news media
howling for physician control. o_O
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
: >
: I was warned not to go to certain areas in Tennessee and in Florida.
: Fortunately I stayed in a rather nice part of St Petersburgh in quite
: a posh hotel so I avoided any dodgey places.
: I was told that many parts of Florida was known as gun city (or
: something similar).
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:57:10 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: > A European Conservative is the same as a Liberal/Leftist in The United
States. My late father was a Southern Republican who made Northern
Republicans appear to be prancing fairies. When I was a college student, I
supported Democrats as young people are wont to because it's normal for
young people to lean Liberal. Young Liberals are Conservative larvae and if
someone remains Liberal well into adulthood, they remain maggots. I am worse
than my father ever was. I've molted several times. ^_^
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Mature Monster
: >
: So you're very intolerant of other people voting for other parties.
: No surprise there then.
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:57:27 AM3/26/18

: On 26/03/2018 14:36, rbowman wrote:
: > On 03/26/2018 05:51 AM, Bod wrote:
: >> On 26/03/2018 12:35, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >>> On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 6:23:54 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >>>> Company's sales have fallen significantly in the last year, firm's
: >>>> chief
: >>>> financial officer admits.
: >>>>
: >>>>
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/remington-bankrupt-gun-maker-rifles-us-oldest-gun-control-florida-shooting-a8273751.html
: >>>>
: >>>>
: >>>> --
: >>>> Bod
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> How has this affected you? Did you plan on buying a gun? Do you own
: >>> stock in the company? Is it costing you money? Are you now going to
: >>> have to find another source of machine guns for your terrorist
: >>> activities? Are you sad? o_O
: >>>
: >>> [8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
: >>>
: >> Seems like the love affair with guns in the US is waning.
: >> I feel sad for the guys who will lose their jobs over this closure.
: >>
: >
: > The love affair with Remington has ended. They put too many eggs in the
: > military basket and had some less than successful products. It is true
: > firearm sales are down since the greatest firearm salesman in history
: > left the White House. Look for the current climate to give them a boost
: > again.
: >
: Ok.
:
: --
: Bod

BurfordTJustice

Mar 26, 2018, 10:57:53 AM3/26/18

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
: On 26/03/2018 15:39, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
: > On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 12:51:09 +0100, Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: >
[...]
: > This is more about Trump than anything. Remington over extended
: > themselves, planning on a Hillary victory and the rush on guns that a
: > democrat always brings. When she lost they still had all of that debt.
: > This is really a pretty old story, It has been out there about a year.
: > They just filed the papers we all knew were coming.
: > It is what happens when you have a hedge fund running your company and
: > they guess wrong,
: >
: > BTW I am not sure anything will actually close. This is chapter 11
: > where they just refinance their debt and try to screw a few investors
: > in the process.
: >
: Ok and thanks for the info.
:
: --
: Bod

mro...@btopenworld.com

Mar 26, 2018, 11:45:17 AM3/26/18
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 12:55:57 PM UTC+1, BurfordTJustice wrote:
> Did you get one shipped out just in time.
>

> "Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> : Company's sales have fallen significantly in the last year, firm's chief
> : financial officer admits.

What would be the point of that if nobody is buying them?

Then, in 2012, came the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, in which 20 children and six adults were killed with a Bushmaster AR-15 assault-style rifle. With institutional investors seeking to distance themselves from gun-related investments, Cerberus announced it would exit the gun business. But it was unable to find a buyer.

Perhaps the US is coming to its senses at at long last!

Ultimately, Cerberus would come up with an arrangement to allow investors to cash out of Freedom Group, which was eventually renamed Remington Outdoors. All the while, the debt piled up, and liability claims continued.

Since the class action settlement was announced in 2014, more court cases have linked alleged design defects in the Model 700 to injuries and deaths, involving both the original trigger mechanism first marketed in the 1940s, and a successor, known as the X-Mark Pro, launched in 2007.

Remington contends the design of the X-Mark Pro is safe as well, but the class action settlement includes a recall of some models because of what the company acknowledges was a problem in manufacturing that could cause the guns to fire without a trigger pull.

Nice!

The settlement was aimed at ending the litigation once and for all, but it has been in limbo almost since it was first announced.