Re: DNA theft from babies coming soon

1 view
Message has been deleted

Trespasser

Feb 9, 2009, 12:23:34 PM2/9/09

"Ar" <A...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:498fe4cb$0$24598$da0f...@news.zen.co.uk...
> Coming soon from Adolf Hitler sympathisers like New Liebour.
>
> Adolf had children and adults measured and photographed to create his
> vision of a master race, the New World Order want the same thing. The
> ultimate nightmare scenario.
>

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article5689052.ece
>
> "
> Every baby born a decade from now will have its genetic code mapped at
> birth, the head of the world's leading genome sequencing company has
> predicted.
>
> A complete DNA read-out for every newborn will be technically feasible
> and affordable in less than five years, promising a revolution in
> healthcare, says Jay Flatley, the chief executive of Illumina.
>
> Only social and legal issues are likely to delay the era of "genome
> sequences", or genetic profiles, for all. By 2019 it will have become
> routine to map infants' genes when they are born, Dr Flatley told The
> Times.
>
> This will open a new approach to medicine, by which conditions such as
> diabetes and heart disease can be predicted and prevented and drugs
> prescribed more safely and effectively.
>
> The development, however, will raise difficult questions about privacy
> and access to individuals' genetic records. Many people may be reluctant
> to have their genome read, for fear that the results could be used
> against them by an employer or insurance company.
>
> The prospect of genome screening for all has emerged because of the
> plummeting cost of the relevant technology.
>
> The Human Genome Project, which published its first rough sequence of
> mankind's genetic code in 2001, cost an estimated $4billion
> (£2.7billion). By the time the scientists James Watson and Craig Venter
> had their genomes mapped two years ago, the cost had fallen to about $1m
> (£700,000).
>
> Genotyping services, which examine about 2million of the genome's
> 6billion DNA letters for clues to disease, are already available to
> consumers for about $1,000 (£700). Those with deeper pockets can have
> their whole genome mapped for about $100,000 (£70,000).
>
> Illumina is preparing to launch a much cheaper whole-genome service
> within two years. It has already begun seeking consent from its first
> customers, who are likely to pay between $10,000 and $20,000 (£7,000-
> £14,000).
>
> Last month, Illumina announced a deal with Oxford Nanopore, a British
> company that is developing a new approach to sequencing that could bring
> costs down further.
>
> In an interview with The Times, Dr Flatley said a genome sequence should
> be available for less than $1,000 (£700) in three to four years.
>
> "The limitations are sociological; when and where people think it can be
> applied, the concerns people have about misinformation and the background
> ethics questions.
>
> "I think those are actually going to be the limits that push it out to a
> [...]
Hey , this is a good idea isn't it?

Every newborn has its genes mapped, then in 70 years time or something when social and
economic objections have been overcome the people in power can then perform 'ethnic
cleansing' or what ever they want to without fear of eradicating the superior ones. Or
insurance companies can pick and choose who they want to accept for life or vehicle
insurance, employers can have choices of doing the same. Hey ..... bugger me ....... we
could then get rid of the blind ones, the deaf ones, the downes syndrome ones, and those
with physical deformities, and lets not forget people with ginger
hair.............................

(ok, I finished taking the pee)

--
Regards
Trespasser

I'm not paranoid, I use someone else's wireless network

I am not a free man, I am a number on someone's database

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Http://digitalgrudge.no-ip.org

----------------------------

Ian Smith

Feb 9, 2009, 4:46:19 PM2/9/09
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:09:47 +0000, Ar scrievit this wi a finger in the
stour:

Reminds me of the film Gattaca.

Dead Paul

Feb 9, 2009, 5:21:10 PM2/9/09

Not only that but there are arrogant arseholes who think they can patent
your DNA too. You basically don't even own the rights to your own body.
They must think we were born on a christmas tree yesterday.

--