The Lib Dem Deputy Leadership contest

Tim Roll-Pickering

Mar 16, 2006, 9:39:40 PM3/16/06
Nominations have closed and the candidates are:

* Vincent Cable
* David Heath
* Matthew Taylor

Anyone got any comments on any of these three?

And does anyone know which candidate has received the kiss of death that is
an endorsement by Lembit Öpik?

http://timrollpickering.blogspot.com/2006/03/and-then-there-were-three.html
http://timrollpickering.blogspot.com/2006/03/lembit-piks-chance-to-sink-yet-another.html

JohnLoony

Mar 16, 2006, 9:44:12 PM3/16/06

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
> And does anyone know which candidate has received the kiss of death that is
> an endorsement by Lembit Öpik?

And does anyone know of anyone who gives the slightest toss about
either of them? They are all renegade running-dogs of
something-or-other, and have been complicit in the establishment
campaign to repress the consciousness of the proletarian masses by
stirring up apathy, passivity, laxity, complacency and bourgeois
self-indulgence.

John M Ward

Mar 17, 2006, 3:53:25 AM3/17/06
In article <47ulrdF...@individual.net>,

Tim Roll-Pickering <T.C.Roll-...@qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Nominations have closed and the candidates are:

> * Vincent Cable
> * David Heath
> * Matthew Taylor

> Anyone got any comments on any of these three?

The only one who at least comes across well in the House of Commons
is David Heath. I monitor Parliament on TV a fair amount, and do
get something of a feel about the various players.

> And does anyone know which candidate has received the kiss of
> death that is an endorsement by Lembit Öpik?

[URLs snipped as they are now broken by line-wrap]

No, but I think we shall all be interested to know that when it
comes out...

--
John M Ward - see http://www.horsted.john-ward.org.uk
Conservative Councillor for Rochester South & Horsted ward, Medway

Colin Rosenstiel

Mar 17, 2006, 6:11:00 AM3/17/06
In article <1142563452.7...@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
john....@tiscali.co.uk (JohnLoony) wrote:

> Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
> > And does anyone know which candidate has received the kiss of death
> > that is an endorsement by Lembit Öpik?
>
> And does anyone know of anyone who gives the slightest toss about
> either of them?

Yes.

> They are all renegade running-dogs of
> something-or-other, and have been complicit in the establishment
> campaign to repress the consciousness of the proletarian masses by
> stirring up apathy, passivity, laxity, complacency and bourgeois
> self-indulgence.

:-) How passé!

--
Cllr. Colin Rosenstiel