Postgame analysis

Abhidevananda

Sep 28, 2018, 4:00:38 AM9/28/18
After viewing the Senate hearing yesterday, I could only concur with one
remark by Kavanaugh. It was indeed a national disgrace. As was Trump's
speech before the United Nations General Assembly.

That said, it once again looks more likely that Kavanaugh will secure a
seat on the United States Supreme Court. But, belying the short span of
modern news cycles, I doubt that this story will quickly fade from memory.

What was played out yesterday on a world stage was the vision of a US
government, indeed of the US nation, deeply divided. The communication
gap was bitter and extreme. Ironic though it may be, the hearing gave
proof to the concept of confirmation bias.

--
Abhidevananda Avadhuta