Re: Why?

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Stephen Thomas Cole

未讀,
2019年4月24日 上午10:53:262019/4/24
收件者:
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer <headst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why are the usual nonces today polluting this
> NG with abusive remarks about an incident
> seven years ago to which they were not witnesses?
>
> Why did they not make their comments seven years ago?
>
> Why don't they discuss amateur radio within its
> tradition of international gentlemanliness?
>
> Surely they cannot all be as sick in the mind as it CB0TEY?

Is putting postmen into headlocks gentlemanly, Gareth?

--
STC / M0TEY / People’s Champion 2018
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Rambo

未讀,
2019年4月24日 中午12:51:492019/4/24
收件者:
If Gareth had done that he would have been prosecuted. He wasn't
so he didn't do it. Get over it.

--

Stephen Thomas Cole

未讀,
2019年4月25日 下午1:41:242019/4/25
收件者:
Spike <Aero...@dead.soon> wrote:
> On 25/04/2019 15:43, Brian Reay wrote:

>>> Good job he didn't say the postman was middle-aged, or we'd have had
>>> another outburst from your foul-mouthed friend.
>
>> You're the one that seems all 'age sensitive'. Then, if you feel life
>> has been a failure may be that is to be expected.
>
> It was your over-sensitive friend that went into orbit with this wall of
> test, which just happened to prove himself to be wrong. He should read a
> little more carefully before shooting himself in the mouth - but don't
> let facts get in the way:
>
> "According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45 and
> 65:[2] "The period between early adulthood and old age, usually considered
> as the years from about 45 to 65." The US Census lists the category middle
> age from 45 to 65. Merriam-Webster lists middle age from 45 to 64,[3] while
> prominent psychologist Erik Erikson saw it starting a little earlier and
> defines middle adulthood as between 40 and 65. The Collins English
> Dictionary lists it between the ages of 40 and 60,[4] and the Diagnostic
> and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – the standard diagnostic manual
> of the American Psychiatric Association – used to define middle age as 40
> to 60, but as of DSM-IV (1994) revised the definition upwards to 45 to 65."
>
> He'll enter middle age pretty close to the time you leave it. Enjoy.
>
> Thanks to Jimbo for the retwat. You can find the message-ID yourself.

Burt, what you quote shows that the consensus is that I’m going to be young
for another six years. Have you even got six months, tho, mate?

Stephen Thomas Cole

未讀,
2019年4月25日 下午1:58:382019/4/25
收件者:
EU Citizen Brian Reay <no...@m.com> wrote:
> On 25/04/2019 19:41, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
>> Spike <Aero...@dead.soon> wrote:
> In your dreams.
>
> The UK life expectancy is around 80.
>
> Therefore, a sensible estimate of middle age is 40.
>
> Stop deluding yourself.

You don’t seem to understand the meaning of the word “consensus”, Brian.
Take a look at a dictionary once you’ve sobered up, mate. HTH.

Stephen Thomas Cole

未讀,
2019年4月26日 中午12:51:232019/4/26
收件者: