Re: The death of a news group

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 23, 2019, 6:30:38 AM4/23/19
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer <headst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When this NG was set up by Dave Hough G4WRW it was a
> haven for the real radio amateur but of late is polluted
> by the childish outbursts of the usual nonces with only
> a very few of we decent folks to upbraid them.
>
> Those of that ilk who should really know better and
> make a very public fool of themselves by their
> immature antics

PORN SLUR LEADS TO DOCK

--
STC / M0TEY / People’s Champion 2018
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 23, 2019, 8:50:49 AM4/23/19
Jeefaw K Effkay <mike.ga...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 11:19:58 AM UTC+1, Gareth's was W7 now W10
> Downstairs Computer wrote:
>
>> We folks campaigning for decency are me, Jim,
>> Spike and Rambo.
>
> "Putting the postman into headlock" seems like a very strange way of
> "campaigning for decency".
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/uk.radio.amateur/HgJgo-sSRsA/SeVjl5vbPwUJ

Man, that post is a goddamn work of art. Reposting in full as it’s just
*so* good;

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW wrote:

My house is clearly numbered.

Postman puts two letters through my letterbox clearly numbered
for next door.

I have the door open and calling out to him within about 20 seconds.

Postman stops, then insolently walks away.

I go out onto pavement and shout after him.

Postman responds the same way.

I chase postman to the cul-de-sac. I am, after all, pursuing my civil duty.

Postman refuses to take letters and barges past me, pushing me over
backwards.

I challenge postman to ask his name in order to make formal complaint.

Later that afternoon, neighbour asks me what was that all about, putting
the
postman into headlock?

Post office stop delivering mail.

I write to them immediately to say what had happened.

Post Office do not reply.

I get MP involved to get post delivery resumed.

Plastic Plod Maxine Bromley rings up for my side of the story. I tell her
the same
as I'd told Post Office.

Bromley asks for face-to-face meeting.

I agree for at my house the following Friday (experience with Cook and
Hillbrow qv)

Bromley does not turn up.

Get arrested the following Sunday, and repeatedly assaulted in Melksham
plod
pod.

Make 21 formal complaints about my treatment.

Ploddery breach the procedural rules by trying to start investigation about

complaint
while postman case is still sub judice.

Appear in court and get cleared, costs awarded. Solicitor enquires as to
why
case
was brought because 2 prosecution witnesses all contradict the postman.

Ploddery get on with complaint.

I receive phone call from Christopher Bevan lasting about 45 minutes
wherein
describe what happened to me.

I ask Bevan to come to my house to take my statement.

Bevan refuses to take my statement of complaint.

I get subsequent email from Bevan, where he lets slip through his sig block

that he is
in fact the inspector immediately above the plods who assaulted me, and
therefore a close
colleague of those complained about.

I complain to IPCC that the investigation is not independent.

IPCC poo poo me.

I withdraw complaint as clearly proceeding corruptly; Bevan not going to
come down hard on his two buddy-buddy sergeants.

Yesterday, I am amazed to find that the investigation has carried on
without my knowledge and without any statement taken from me.

I receive report which is full of lies that cannot possibly be borne out by
the CCTV record.

Well, you did ask.

——end

I’m not sure which bit is funniest, but I LOLd till I cried a little at
“Later that afternoon, neighbour asks me what was that all about, putting
the
postman into headlock?

Post office stop delivering mail.”

:-D

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 24, 2019, 2:13:32 PM4/24/19
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer <headst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/2019 16:32, Spike wrote:

>>> The police do seem to have overreacted; a prosecution for breach of
>>> the peace (or whatever) and a binding-over not to do it again would have
>>> been the sensible outcome.
>>
>> Someone is severely over-egging the cake here. I can walk downstairs,
>> examine the mail for the correct address, unlock the front door and exit
>> the house, in 20 seconds. One does /not/ need to be 'waiting to
>> confront' anyone to do it in that time. Berni might be a geriatric
>> house-bound old dodderer, but that doesn't mean we all are.
>>

> I was passing the front door about to go upstairs at the very moment
> that the misdirected post arrived through the letter box.
>
> The two usual nonces to whom you replied certainly do have
> a rather nasty negative attitude making me wonder as to whether
> the both of them are sock puppets of M3OSN.

When you were “calling out to him”, G, were you purple-faced and bellowing
profanities?

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 25, 2019, 1:40:12 AM4/25/19
Roger Hayter <ro...@hayter.org> wrote:
> Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer
> <headst...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> duty.

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> "Postman refuses to take letters ..." should give you a clue. Hopefully.
>>>

>> The postman was in the garden next door when I first called him.
>
> And when he failed to respond you should have left it at that, not
> chased after him. If you really felt annoyed you could have contacted
> his manager. Confrontation is unacceptable behaviour among civilised
> adults.

Are you saying that grabbing people by the head and swinging them around is
not the correct way to resolve a dispute?

Roger Hayter

Apr 25, 2019, 4:04:47 AM4/25/19
No

--

Roger Hayter

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 25, 2019, 5:39:18 AM4/25/19
You’re not saying that?

Roger Hayter

Apr 25, 2019, 5:45:10 AM4/25/19
No. I would say that if asked, but I was answering a different
question.

--

Roger Hayter

Stephen Thomas Cole

Apr 25, 2019, 1:41:24 PM4/25/19
Roger Hayter <ro...@hayter.org> wrote:
> I think this thread is well on topic for uk.legal - as indeed
> is almost anything else, as long as it contains threats, paranoid
> delusions or conspiracy theories. Or Brexit.

Sounds like there’s a lot of crossover between uk.legal and
uk.radio.amateur, tbh.