Ryanair

Splodge

Aug 11, 2006, 6:45:10 AM8/11/06
Never flown with them, thank goodness, but I have a friend flying with them
from Stansted to Poitiers this afternoon to attend a wedding tomorrow.

She's well on the road to Stansted as I write this, so I'm just commenting
on their website. Under "latest news" the most recent date of anything is
9th Aug. They've had a lot of bad publicity about how they treat disabled
passengers, but you'd think they'd have a list of cancelled planes on there
somewhere, especially as the newspapers and tv have said Ryanair have
cancelled 28 flights today. I think their telephone helpline service is
worse than NTL, and that's saying something.

Poor girl, she's already had to cancel their ferry tickets two days ago as
her partner went down with salmonella poisoning:(((

Splodge

Jeff Gaines

Aug 11, 2006, 6:48:49 AM8/11/06
On 11/08/2006 Splodge wrote:

>She's well on the road to Stansted as I write this, so I'm just commenting
>on their website. Under "latest news" the most recent date of anything is
>9th Aug. They've had a lot of bad publicity about how they treat disabled
>passengers, but you'd think they'd have a list of cancelled planes on there
>somewhere, especially as the newspapers and tv have said Ryanair have
>cancelled 28 flights today. I think their telephone helpline service is
>worse than NTL, and that's saying something.

You get what you pay for :-(

It's clear from their MD's comments that passengers aren't very high up
their priority list.

--
Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
Using XanaNews 1.18.1.3

Splodge

Aug 11, 2006, 6:51:38 AM8/11/06
"Jeff Gaines" <jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> On 11/08/2006 Splodge wrote:
>
>>She's well on the road to Stansted as I write this, so I'm just commenting
>>on their website. Under "latest news" the most recent date of anything is
>>9th Aug. They've had a lot of bad publicity about how they treat disabled
>>passengers, but you'd think they'd have a list of cancelled planes on
>>there
>>somewhere, especially as the newspapers and tv have said Ryanair have
>>cancelled 28 flights today. I think their telephone helpline service is
>>worse than NTL, and that's saying something.
>
> You get what you pay for :-(

Yes, I think we all know what they're like, and she wouldn't have used them
except for the sudden emergency earlier this week. Unfortunately Ryanair is
the only airline flying to Poitiers.

Splodge

Jackie

Aug 11, 2006, 9:40:58 AM8/11/06

How Awful Splodge, I do hope she manages to get away today and that the
flight is not cancelled
and that her partner is feeling o.k. after the salmonella.
It does seem poor that they are not keeping their website updated. They say
on TV check the airlines websites, though many went down yesterday for too
much use!
--
Jackie
oOoOo

pandamonium

Aug 11, 2006, 2:21:03 PM8/11/06

Yep, Lyingair will be looking to cash in on this. AFAIK they won't have to
give compensation as the 'cancellations' are beyond their control. I'm
not certain that they'd have to give full refunds (I think they keep hold
of the "taxes and other associated costs". They
will, of course, cancel every flight they can and avoid paying as much as
they can in compensation. So at least someone's going to profit.

http://www.ryanair.org.uk/

Splodge

Aug 11, 2006, 2:51:16 PM8/11/06

"pandamonium" <NOS...@eggwhisk.co.uk> wrote in message
She hasn't phoned me, so I'm assuming she's on her way.
Bet she won't fly with them again
Splodge

Tickettyboo

Aug 11, 2006, 3:13:54 PM8/11/06
In news:xn0epug4...@news.individual.net,
Jeff Gaines whispered softly in my ear...:

> On 11/08/2006 Splodge wrote:
>
>> She's well on the road to Stansted as I write this, so I'm just
>> commenting on their website. Under "latest news" the most recent
>> date of anything is 9th Aug. They've had a lot of bad publicity
>> about how they treat disabled passengers, but you'd think they'd
>> have a list of cancelled planes on there somewhere, especially as
>> the newspapers and tv have said Ryanair have cancelled 28 flights
>> today. I think their telephone helpline service is worse than NTL,
>> and that's saying something.
>
> You get what you pay for :-(

Not always Jeff. I have done a LOT of domestic flights, both with the
cheapie airlines and with B.A. On the whole B.A. cost around 5-6 times the
cheap ones..and had more delays, more cancellations and if they had
transported me to Edinburgh instead of Glasgow one more time I would have
swung for them!

--
Ticketty᧧

Jeff Gaines

Aug 11, 2006, 5:02:07 PM8/11/06
On 11/08/2006 Tickettyboo wrote:

>Not always Jeff. I have done a LOT of domestic flights, both with the
>cheapie airlines and with B.A. On the whole B.A. cost around 5-6 times the
>cheap ones..and had more delays, more cancellations and if they had
>transported me to Edinburgh instead of Glasgow one more time I would have
>swung for them!

I must have been lucky then! I only ever flew BA or Lufthansa (except when
we chartered a plane and put all the directors and all the dealer
principals on one plane!!!) and I always ended up where I was ticketed to.

I don't see how they could confuse Edinburgh and Glasgow anyway - you can
see the marks from knuckles scraping the ground in Glasgow from 30,00 feet
:-)

Rabbit

Aug 12, 2006, 5:58:25 AM8/12/06

> I don't see how they could confuse Edinburgh and Glasgow anyway - you can
> see the marks from knuckles scraping the ground in Glasgow from 30,00 feet
> :-)

Oh it's quite easy at this time of the year, it's the fortnight when
Edinburgh appears like Brigadoon out of the mist and even Weegies ( Google
is your friend :-) ) accept that it exists :-)
--
Sandra
People will forget what you said.