Oh my god it's still here

Some old pisshead

May 22, 2013, 11:38:42 AM5/22/13
If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles and cake eating hoes?

Ha, and somehow Google knows to call me "Some old pisshead" on here. Fantastic.

Flavio Matani

May 22, 2013, 5:28:51 PM5/22/13
Maybe. There have been instances of resurrected 15-year old threads
recently :)

As long as the dreaded WIG discussion doesn't arise ....

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition

new...@moo.uklinux.net

May 23, 2013, 4:28:44 PM5/23/13
Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com> wrote:
> Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> wrote:
>
>> If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles
>> and cake eating hoes?
>
> As long as the dreaded WIG discussion doesn't arise ....

Where Is Goth?

#Paul

Corwyn

May 23, 2013, 5:49:18 PM5/23/13
Oh, put some thought into it. Ya can't start a flamewar with only water.

(wanders away mumbling about shooting fish in a barrel, and other rustic
expressions of simplicity)

Dave H

May 25, 2013, 7:20:18 AM5/25/13
Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> wrote:
> If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and
> motorcycles and cake eating hoes?

I still meet people who thought WD and Hester were real people. It was,
as we now all know, a piece of romance performance art transposed to a
non-traditional medium.

Dave

Flavio Matani

May 25, 2013, 11:48:37 AM5/25/13
!!!

Wasn't Hester the artist also known as sushidog in LJ?

And I've met her in person, although not on LJ. So she might be real.
There is a WD in uk.comp.sys.mac that gets involved in peculiar polemics
and whose ... literary style reminds me of 'our' WD. Maybe it is a case
of the same model of Cylon, then.

Dave H

May 26, 2013, 5:37:59 PM5/26/13
Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com> wrote:

> Wasn't Hester the artist also known as sushidog in LJ?

Hester is both the name of the actor and the character she played.
Sushidog was always a bit too avant garde for my tastes, being based
upon the existential struggle of an inflatable dog unable to fulfil his
love of sushi. :(

Dave

Flavio Matani

May 27, 2013, 5:47:25 AM5/27/13
The world is a strange place. Talking of avant-garde, it seems like Yoko
Ono will be performing with the POB. I would like to see that but
probably won't (web ticket buying narrow time windows, etc). Ok, OT as
not goth at all but I have a soft spot for the old lady.

Zotz

May 28, 2013, 11:16:12 AM5/28/13
Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> writes:

> If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles and cake eating hoes?

If you like.

Somewhere I have a photo of Mr Sturrock wearing an enormous turban.

G.

--
Stated opinions have been adopted as official policy and will be supported
by any and all measures deemed necessary, including (but not limited to)

dge...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2013, 3:47:23 PM8/9/13
On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:38:42 PM UTC+1, Some old pisshead wrote:

> If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles and cake eating hoes?
> Ha, and somehow Google knows to call me "Some old pisshead" on here. Fantastic.

Oh good Lord.

dge...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2013, 3:47:55 PM8/9/13
On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:28:51 PM UTC+1, Flavio Matani wrote:

> As long as the dreaded WIG discussion doesn't arise ....

It's a state of mind.

Flavio Matani

Aug 9, 2013, 5:20:27 PM8/9/13
You'd need Hester and Whisky-Dave for that.

Flavio Matani

Oct 31, 2013, 1:47:20 PM10/31/13
Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> wrote:

..... and it all went deathly quiet again...

David Damerell

Nov 6, 2013, 12:36:00 PM11/6/13
Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:
>Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> wrote:
>>If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles
>>and cake eating hoes?
>>Ha, and somehow Google knows to call me "Some old pisshead" on here.
>>Fantastic.
>..... and it all went deathly quiet again...

Well, I've been in Whitby. :-)
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
And now, a seemingly inexplicable shot of a passing train.

Flavio Matani

Nov 7, 2013, 5:56:04 AM11/7/13
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:
> >Some old pisshead <teqk...@livejournal.com> wrote:
> >>If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles
> >>and cake eating hoes?
> >>Ha, and somehow Google knows to call me "Some old pisshead" on here.
> >>Fantastic.
> >..... and it all went deathly quiet again...
>
> Well, I've been in Whitby. :-)

Ah, that'll be it, then :)
(Realising I've not been to WGW for almost three years. Must remedy
that)

David Damerell

Nov 7, 2013, 7:38:06 AM11/7/13
Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:
>(Realising I've not been to WGW for almost three years. Must remedy
>that)

This is the second time ever I've been without a Spa ticket, but the
lineup was _so_ "meh" this time, I couldn't be bothered.
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Oil is for sissies
Today is Gorgonzoladay, October - a weekend.

Zotz

Nov 10, 2013, 5:48:41 PM11/10/13
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Well, I've been in Whitby. :-)

And, frankly, it serves you right.

David Damerell

Nov 11, 2013, 3:33:46 PM11/11/13
Quoting Zotz <use...@zotz.demon.co.uk>:
>David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>> Well, I've been in Whitby. :-)
> And, frankly, it serves you right.

I only lost a bit of one eyebrow this time. :-)
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
If we aren't perfectly synchronised this corncob will explode!

Zotz

Nov 15, 2013, 7:29:23 AM11/15/13
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Quoting Zotz <use...@zotz.demon.co.uk>:
>>David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>>> Well, I've been in Whitby. :-)
>> And, frankly, it serves you right.
>
> I only lost a bit of one eyebrow this time. :-)

Must Try Harder.

Flavio Matani

Nov 15, 2013, 10:17:09 AM11/15/13
Zotz <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote:

> David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Quoting Zotz <use...@zotz.demon.co.uk>:
> >> And, frankly, it serves you right.
> >
> > I only lost a bit of one eyebrow this time. :-)
>
> Must Try Harder.

Not he -in all the years I went to Whitby I never managed to be able to
stay the Monday for the Maffball (sp?).

David Damerell

Nov 15, 2013, 12:19:33 PM11/15/13
Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:
>Not he -in all the years I went to Whitby I never managed to be able to
>stay the Monday for the Maffball (sp?).

It's a word more often said than spelled, but that's how the youtube
videos spell it.
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Monday, November.

cer...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2014, 5:42:30 PM4/19/14

cer...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2014, 5:46:03 PM4/19/14

Erith Romycin

Nov 16, 2015, 7:26:38 PM11/16/15
On 15/11/2013 17:19, David Damerell wrote:
>Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:

>>Not he -in all the years I went to Whitby I never managed to be able to
>>stay the Monday for the Maffball (sp?).

> It's a word more often said than spelled, but that's how the youtube
> videos spell it.

Legend has it that it takes its name from an individual yclept "Maff"
among his kin. The "ball" is actually the misnomer.

--
e - certainly topologically it is more of a torus

Erith Romycin

Nov 16, 2015, 7:27:43 PM11/16/15
On 07/11/2013 12:38, David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com>:
>> (Realising I've not been to WGW for almost three years. Must remedy
>> that)

>This is the second time ever I've been without a Spa ticket, but the
>lineup was _so_ "meh" this time, I couldn't be bothered.

I realised that in all the years I'd been going to the Spa I'd never
actually seen a band. I just like drinking until later, and wholesale is
cheaper than retail.

Some interesting choices though I wonder if it's becoming a slightly
darker stop on the nostalgia tours.

--
e - next stop

purrpurrpussy

Nov 15, 2017, 7:32:25 PM11/15/17
On Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:38:42 UTC+1, Some old pisshead wrote:
> If I make a post will there be a flamewar about turbans and motorcycles and cake eating hoes?
>
> Ha, and somehow Google knows to call me "Some old pisshead" on here. Fantastic.

Probably. Then phildo will pop up.

Then and there'll be some long rambling titillation terminated by "get a room".

Then something about gravy and old Volvos.

I'm wondering if you'll ever hear this.