Eira, Lady Evans-Bevan dies.

Michael Rhodes

Dec 27, 2001, 6:55:23 AM12/27/01
Eira, Lady Evans-Bevan, who died 24 December, 2001, was the widow of
Sir David Martyn Evans-Bevan, 1st Baronet. She was Eira Winifred,
daughter of Sidney Archibald Glanley, and married Sir David in 1929.
He died in 1973. Her son is Sir Martyn, 2nd Baronet, and her daughter,
Marigold, is the Countess of Rothes, wife of the 21st Earl of Rothes.

...Michael Rhodes.

Mike Dickson

Dec 27, 2001, 10:11:21 AM12/27/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk
In article <8f00a961.01122...@posting.google.com> michaellawr...@btinternet.com wrote...

> Eira, Lady Evans-Bevan, who died 24 December, 2001, was the widow of
> Sir David Martyn Evans-Bevan, 1st Baronet. She was Eira Winifred,
> daughter of Sidney Archibald Glanley, and married Sir David in 1929.

And who cares?

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Michael Rhodes

Dec 27, 2001, 12:49:29 PM12/27/01
ne...@blackcat.demon.co.uk (Mike Dickson) wrote in message news:<CheetahPRO_v...@blackcat.demon.co.uk>...

I do. And all the little Evans-Bevans no doubt.

Mike Dickson

Dec 27, 2001, 1:40:15 PM12/27/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk

> > > Eira, Lady Evans-Bevan, who died 24 December, 2001, was the widow of
> > > Sir David Martyn Evans-Bevan, 1st Baronet. She was Eira Winifred,
> > > daughter of Sidney Archibald Glanley, and married Sir David in 1929.
> >
> > And who cares?

> I do. And all the little Evans-Bevans no doubt.

Why do you care?

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Mike Fleming

Dec 27, 2001, 5:27:25 PM12/27/01
In article <CheetahPRO_v...@blackcat.demon.co.uk>,
ne...@blackcat.demon.co.uk (Mike Dickson) writes:

It's nice to see the aristocracy dropping like flies, though, innit?

--
Mike Fleming

Mike Dickson

Dec 27, 2001, 6:45:28 PM12/27/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk
In article <8kvm2ucb90pnsj0ql...@4ax.com> mi...@tauzero.co.uk wrote...

> > > Eira, Lady Evans-Bevan, who died 24 December, 2001, was the widow of
> > > Sir David Martyn Evans-Bevan, 1st Baronet. She was Eira Winifred,
> > > daughter of Sidney Archibald Glanley, and married Sir David in 1929.
> >
> > And who cares?
>
> It's nice to see the aristocracy dropping like flies, though, innit?

Makes a change from them *breeding* like flies.

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Michael Rhodes

Dec 27, 2001, 7:45:31 PM12/27/01
ne...@blackcat.demon.co.uk (Mike Dickson) wrote in message news:<CheetahPRO_v...@blackcat.demon.co.uk>...

Because I am interested in genealogy, and the peerage & baronetage.
Lady Evans-Bevan must surely be one of the last spouses of a 1st
Baronet. The only one to be created since 1964 has been for Denis
Thatcher.

I think that Evans & Bevan are a Welsh brewery. I am also fond of
breweries.

Michael Rhodes

Dec 27, 2001, 8:12:22 PM12/27/01
I fail to see why some people get so rattled at the mention of a title.

Mike Dickson

Dec 28, 2001, 2:28:12 AM12/28/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk

> I fail to see why some people get so rattled at the mention of a title.

I fail to see why some people get so thrilled about them.

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Mike Dickson

Dec 28, 2001, 2:27:36 AM12/28/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk

> Because I am interested in genealogy, and the peerage & baronetage.

> Lady Evans-Bevan must surely be one of the last spouses of a 1st
> Baronet.

Wow.

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Michael Rhodes

Dec 28, 2001, 4:59:28 AM12/28/01
ne...@blackcat.demon.co.uk (Mike Dickson) wrote in message news:<CheetahPRO_v...@blackcat.demon.co.uk>...

You won't be sending flowers then?

Mike Fleming

Dec 30, 2001, 8:35:13 AM12/30/01

> In article <8f00a961.01122...@posting.google.com> michaellawr...@btinternet.com wrote...
>
> > Because I am interested in genealogy, and the peerage & baronetage.
> > Lady Evans-Bevan must surely be one of the last spouses of a 1st
> > Baronet.
>
> Wow.

It's sort of train-spotting with Burke's Peerage.

--
Mike Fleming

Michael Rhodes

Dec 30, 2001, 9:35:53 PM12/30/01
Mike Fleming <{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> wrote in message news:<us3u2ugnfgo6f6li1...@4ax.com>...

Absolutely.

Mike Dickson

Dec 31, 2001, 4:16:28 AM12/31/01
to mail...@news.demon.co.uk
In article <8f00a961.01123...@posting.google.com> michaellawr...@btinternet.com wrote...

> > > Wow.
> >
> > It's sort of train-spotting with Burke's Peerage.
>
> Absolutely.

More like a quick hand shandy with Burke's Peerage.

Mike Dickson, Edinburgh, Scotland

Michael Rhodes

Dec 31, 2001, 8:09:12 AM12/31/01
ne...@blackcat.demon.co.uk (Mike Dickson) wrote in message news:<CheetahPRO_v...@blackcat.demon.co.uk>...