Frank Williams, 90, actor best known for playing the vicar in 'Dad's Army'

1 view

Michael Rhodes

Jun 26, 2022, 2:15:43 PM6/26/22
Actor Frank Williams, who was best known for playing the Rev Timothy Farthing in _Dad's Army_, has died at the age of 90.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/19006487/frank-williams-dead-vicar-dies/

The actor's death was announced in a statement on his dedicated Facebook page, which read: 'So sorry to say that our beloved friend, colleague and actor, Frank Williams, passed away this morning.

'He was almost 91, and we are grateful for all the years of joy, laughter and happiness he brought to so many. Thank you Frank! x'

Frank died just six days short of his 91st birthday on 2 July 2022.

He appeared in similar roles to Reverend Timothy Farthing in the BBC television sitcom, as members of the clergy in You Rang, M'Lord? Hi-de-Hi!, What's Up Nurse, The Worker and Vanity Fair.