Fame at last

Niel Humphreys

Sep 9, 2004, 3:48:52 PM9/9/04
Negged someone this morning and they've gone to the trouble of writing a big
website dedicated to being abusive towards me. Sadly for them they put the
URL in their feedback response so it will be a wasted effort when I phone up
and get both negs wiped off tomorrow mornng.

URL reservered (email me if you want a laugh & I will send it) as it is
highly profane and I was basically in the wrong anyway but the guy was such
a dick about it I decided to argue. I did refund after a bit of an
entertaining barney though. :)

--

Niel Humphreys

Niel Humphreys

Sep 9, 2004, 3:52:41 PM9/9/04
"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

Stuff it - remember I am admitting I was in the wrong but did refund - I
just fancied getting a bit of mileage out of him after reading his website
and deciding he was a bit of a wannabe political activist.

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/snowdon2002
--

Niel Humphreys

TurboTed

Sep 9, 2004, 4:03:52 PM9/9/04

> Stuff it - remember I am admitting I was in the wrong but did refund - I
> just fancied getting a bit of mileage out of him after reading his website
> and deciding he was a bit of a wannabe political activist.
>
> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/snowdon2002

"hilariously styling himself Niel Humphreys of the `eBay department',
presumably in an attempt to make his pissant operation look bigger than it
really is"

What's that all about, then!!

nog

Sep 9, 2004, 4:09:10 PM9/9/04
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:52:41 +0100, Niel Humphreys wrote:
-------------------------8<

> Stuff it - remember I am admitting I was in the wrong but did refund - I
> just fancied getting a bit of mileage out of him after reading his website
> and deciding he was a bit of a wannabe political activist.
>
> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/snowdon2002

Brain - dick - brain - dick ... nope, can't tell which is which. :^)

Niel Humphreys

Sep 9, 2004, 4:12:17 PM9/9/04
"TurboTed" <i...@donothinkso.com> wrote in message

My Ebay email address sig has "Ebay Dept" in it. My company is a Ltd Company
with two main outlets - Ebay sales and direct sales. Ebay sales have their
own email address on my domain simple as that.

--

Niel Humphreys

Abso

Sep 9, 2004, 4:14:16 PM9/9/04
Niel Humphreys wrote:

This doesn't reflect very well on you, IMHO.

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net

The FAQ for upce is at http://upce.org.uk and http://ebayfaq.co.uk

TurboTed

Sep 9, 2004, 4:18:34 PM9/9/04
"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

Thought it must be something like that - don't you just love those kind of
bidders. Guess IT bits pick them up a bit more than some other stuff!

Emma

Sep 9, 2004, 4:18:28 PM9/9/04
Niel Humphreys <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> writes

>Stuff it - remember I am admitting I was in the wrong but did refund - I
>just fancied getting a bit of mileage out of him after reading his website
>and deciding he was a bit of a wannabe political activist.
>
>http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/snowdon2002

My, my he is an excitable chap isn't he?

I actually had a customer once that we were so rude to, as he was a pain
in the arse, that we thought we'd never hear from him again.

A year later he came back, apologised for his behaviour and bought
another vehicle from us...

--
Emma - The Chocmonster
http://chocmonster.rules.it

NDF

Sep 9, 2004, 4:26:06 PM9/9/04

"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

That's disgusting, imagine you were treated like this by a seller, wouldn't
you want some revenge.

It's a pity more information can't be left on the Feedback system, people
have the right to see who they are dealing with.

Cerian

Sep 9, 2004, 4:26:40 PM9/9/04
In article <4140b48f$0$20246$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, Niel
Humphreys <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> writes

What made me laugh was the "digression" link at the bottom of the page,
think someone needs to get a life really.

Never mind Niel, I'm sure there's plenty more of him around for everyone
to have one!!
--
Cerian

Niel Humphreys

Sep 9, 2004, 5:20:51 PM9/9/04
"Abso" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> This doesn't reflect very well on you, IMHO.

Why? Because I refuse to roll over for someone whose first email in a
dispute is accusatory and arrogant?

If he's have been reasonable and polite from the start he'd have found me
reasonable and polite and I would have refunded without question
immediately.

I am not prepared to accept arrogant, sarcastic and belligerent emails from
people just because they think they have the right to do so based on their
status as a customer. Unfortunately this guy took exception to the fact that
I did not fold up in a wimpering heap at the tone of his emails.

I make no apologies for refusing to be browbeaten without reasonable cause.
--

Niel Humphreys

David Lane

Sep 9, 2004, 5:23:46 PM9/9/04

> Stuff it - remember I am admitting I was in the wrong but did refund - I
> just fancied getting a bit of mileage out of him after reading his website
> and deciding he was a bit of a wannabe political activist.
>
> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/snowdon2002
> --
>
> Niel Humphreys

Neil

Thanks for being honest about this. I can't see a problem from your end.

How much time does this guy have to waste. He has no life!

David

Dom Robinson

Sep 9, 2004, 5:37:02 PM9/9/04
In article <4140b48f$0$20246$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk says...
I am so shocked by that content! Well, the full URL is just going to wrap! :)

He seems more like a stalker type. I had one of those once. Megabitch was
his/her name (Vince Vaughn was another). That bod sent out so many emails
around the time of my launching my site in 2000 that I had about 1000 replies
from people thinking I had actually sent them an email saying I would track
them down, kill them and rape them (possibly, in that order).

I had to reply to each of these telling them it wasn't me and could they
forward the details to their ISP so the person could be traced, and that
obviously this was not how one would want to promote a website.

Before getting my reply though, a few said "Bring it on!!", while a few with
brains realised it wasn't real and tracked the bastard down ISP-wise. My
favourite quote was one woman who emailed me with a line which I've
paraphrased a number of times since because it's very clever:
"How sad. I can't begin to imagine what you have inside your head instead of
brains."
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor), http://LeilaniWeb.co.uk (editor),

Dom Robinson

Sep 9, 2004, 5:38:22 PM9/9/04
In article <4140c93f$0$20251$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk says...
Get bent!!

(is what you should've said to him. Succinct and tells him all he needs to
know :)

Peter Crosland

Sep 9, 2004, 5:54:57 PM9/9/04
> I make no apologies for refusing to be browbeaten without reasonable
> cause.

More power to your elbow. Hope you have asked for his site to be pulled by
the hoster.
--
gee six jay en e...@spamcop.net

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Bobby B

Sep 9, 2004, 5:56:18 PM9/9/04

"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

The only thing i'm not sure about is the feedback message you left for the
buyer.

Gizmo

Sep 9, 2004, 6:18:37 PM9/9/04

"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

Jes' Niel, you don't half attract them ! ;o)
It must have taken him hours to write that shite ..... some people need to
open the fron door and greet Mr Real World once in a while.

Without trying to teach you how to suck eggs .... I'm sure some might view
that web page as a breach of his ISP and Hosts AUP ;o)))

Richard Colton

Sep 9, 2004, 6:57:25 PM9/9/04

"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

Excitable little twonk, isn't he?

You described the TS pretty well, and stipulated "sold as is".

He comes back with a piss-poor mis-understanding of SOGA.

You have my sympathies for having to deal with this idiot. It'll be
interesting to see how his feedback looks in a couple of months (if he isn't
NARU by then).

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

Andy Dingley

Sep 9, 2004, 7:03:30 PM9/9/04
On 9 Sep 2004 20:14:16 GMT, "Abso" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>This doesn't reflect very well on you, IMHO.

There's a saying "you can't polish a turd". Equally I don't think you
can get any sort of fair reflection from a website like this.

If I'd bought this, I'd be well hacked off. "Removed from working
kit" means you saw it personally, with the lights on. Lightning
strikes _do_ happen, and selling such a blasted heath(kit) isn't on,
in my book.

However the right reaction for a seller here is to offer a refund for
a genuine mistake (shit does indeed happen). That seems to have
happened, so everyone ought to be happy. If I were the bidder here,
and I'd got my refund, I'd be leaving you +ve feedback of "Turned out
to be broken, got full refund - good service, thanks"

In the case of Aspergerboy here, I wonder why he even needs a terminal
server. It's not as if he's going to wire all his mates up, is it? He
could do that with a null-modem cable.

eBay is _not_ an IT Hardware auction. At real auctions you get to
poke stuff and sniff it for escaping smoke. If I'm dealing through
eBay I'm relying on the seller as my agent (bizarre though that
sounds) and they have to accept some responsibility for reasonable
accuracy in descriptions of condition.

I wasted all of this morning because my USB hub decided to cash in its
chips. Should I sue someone, or write an insulting website instead ?
Maybe I'll just get on with my life instead.

--
Smert' spamionam

AK

Sep 9, 2004, 7:21:17 PM9/9/04

"Cerian" <ne...@iconia.org.uk> wrote in message

> What made me laugh was the "digression" link at the bottom of the page,
> think someone needs to get a life really.

OMG I just looked at it - Anorak alert !!! LOL

Message has been deleted

Niel Humphreys

Sep 9, 2004, 7:57:11 PM9/9/04
"David Lane" <asfo22NOSPA...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

Have a look at the rest of his website - loks like an active
anti-capitalist. That's what indicated me he'd be amusing to play with. :)
--

Niel Humphreys

Rob Morley

Sep 9, 2004, 10:14:29 PM9/9/04
In article <aqn1k0tvinb3ilnuj...@4ax.com>, "Andy Dingley"
din...@codesmiths.com says...
<snip>

> If I'd bought this, I'd be well hacked off. "Removed from working
> kit" means you saw it personally, with the lights on. Lightning
> strikes _do_ happen, and selling such a blasted heath(kit) isn't on,
> in my book.

"removed from a working environment" means "part of an office
clearance" rather than "found in a store room".

Rob Morley

Sep 9, 2004, 10:21:09 PM9/9/04
In article <y%20d.313$jZ1...@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>, "NDF"
no...@entered.com says...

> "Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Negged someone this morning and they've gone to the trouble of writing a
> > big
> > website dedicated to being abusive towards me. Sadly for them they put the
> > URL in their feedback response so it will be a wasted effort when I phone
> > up
> > and get both negs wiped off tomorrow mornng.
> >
> > URL reservered (email me if you want a laugh & I will send it) as it is
> > highly profane and I was basically in the wrong anyway but the guy was
> > such
> > a dick about it I decided to argue. I did refund after a bit of an
> > entertaining barney though. :)
> >
> That's disgusting, imagine you were treated like this by a seller, wouldn't
> you want some revenge.

I wouldn't have treated a seller like that in the first place. Used kit
sold untested is always a gamble - Niel isn't one of those twonks who
describes known-dead kit as untested.

The Older Gentleman

Sep 10, 2004, 2:38:50 AM9/10/04
Niel Humphreys <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote:

I'm jealous. I thought I was the Nutter Magnet(tm).

--
Trophy 1200 750SS CB400F CD200 Z200 x2 ST70 DT50MX YTC#3
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 IHABWTJ#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06

Dave Hillam

Sep 10, 2004, 3:20:08 AM9/10/04
Niel Humphreys wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Fri, 10 Sep 2004
00:57:11 +0100
MID<4140eddd$0$20249$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>:

>Have a look at the rest of his website - loks like an active

>anti-capitalist.#

He does? More like a self-important little twat, unless there's a
Marxist theory of pub food I missed somewhere:-

<http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/sucks/pub.html>

--
nice (adj)
- often used in vague commendation by those who are not nice

Niel Humphreys

Sep 10, 2004, 3:31:13 AM9/10/04
"Dave Hillam" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

> Niel Humphreys wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Fri, 10 Sep 2004
> 00:57:11 +0100
> MID<4140eddd$0$20249$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>:
>
> >Have a look at the rest of his website - loks like an active
> >anti-capitalist.#
>
> He does? More like a self-important little twat, unless there's a
> Marxist theory of pub food I missed somewhere:-
>
> <http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/sucks/pub.html>

Yep

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/moral.html

--

Niel Humphreys

Dave Hillam

Sep 10, 2004, 3:59:04 AM9/10/04
Niel Humphreys wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Fri, 10 Sep 2004
08:31:13 +0100
MID<4141584b$0$20248$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>:

No, sorry, I think "self-important little twat" sums that page up as
well. It's not exactly rigourous critique, is it?

Andrew Chapman

Sep 10, 2004, 4:37:45 AM9/10/04
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> Negged someone this morning and they've gone to the trouble of
> writing a big website dedicated to being abusive towards me.

snip

>I did refund after a bit
> of an entertaining barney though. :)

I'd be interested to see the guy's website logs. I bet this thread has
bumped it up somewhat, which presumably is having the counterproductive
result of encouraging him.

I found the site rather depressing, it's sad to see so much effort
wasted for so little point. Who wants to read his little rants; it's
not exactly "Grumpy Old Men" quality, is it?

Perhaps, Niel, the lesson to take home here is not to bait someone
who's life appears to consist of finding stupid causes to rant about.

Still my sympathy, we all get the odd nutter, now and then but better
to ignore and move on.

Andrew

Niel Humphreys

Sep 10, 2004, 5:10:06 AM9/10/04
"Gizmo" <Gi...@home.now> wrote in message

Nope, his ISP seem to be quite happy to leave it up and have informed me
they will only consider removing the site on instruction from an appropriate
legal authority.

TBH from what I have read in this newsgroup from those who have commented I
think it does more harm to the author's credibility than mine and it's not
really worth my paying through the nose for my solicitor to spend time
considering it & drafting a letter for the ISP to *consider*.
--

Niel Humphreys

Pete

Sep 10, 2004, 10:48:17 AM9/10/04

> "Gizmo" <Gi...@home.now> wrote in message

<snip>

> Nope, his ISP seem to be quite happy to leave it up and have informed me
> they will only consider removing the site on instruction from an
appropriate
> legal authority.
>
> TBH from what I have read in this newsgroup from those who have commented
> think it does more harm to the author's credibility than mine and it's not
> really worth my paying through the nose for my solicitor to spend time
> considering it & drafting a letter for the ISP to *consider*.
> --

Well ...next time you'll *think twice* before you blatantly rip someone off
!!!

Niel Humphreys

Sep 10, 2004, 10:59:00 AM9/10/04
"Pete" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Yes Pete
--

Niel Humphreys

Dom Robinson

Sep 10, 2004, 8:53:32 PM9/10/04
In article <4141c141$0$20250$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk says...
Maybe "m...@privacy.net" will *think twice* about sticking to one name instead
of changing like a schizophrenic^infinity(!)

Steve Walker

Sep 11, 2004, 6:04:53 AM9/11/04
Pete wrote:
> "Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in
message

>> TBH from what I have read in this newsgroup from those who have

>> commented I think it does more harm to the author's credibility than
>> mine and it's not really worth my paying through the nose for my
>> solicitor to spend time considering it & drafting a letter for the
>> ISP to *consider*. --
>
> Well ...next time you'll *think twice* before you blatantly rip
> someone off !!!

Corporate clearances have to be completed very quickly, and the money
involved does not permit exhaustive testing of every recovered
component. Buyers have the chance of picking up stonking bargains,
but it's unrealistic to imagine that a £56 item will have been
dismantled, examined & tested by a skilled technician.

NH was explicit about the uncertain condition of the device, and in my
experience he would've refunded on it cheerfully if the buyer hadn't
launched into an abusive crusade. He has a very good rep in the trade.

Me

Sep 11, 2004, 10:03:25 AM9/11/04
"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message
> Negged someone this morning and they've gone to the trouble of writing
a big
> website dedicated to being abusive towards me. Sadly for them they put
the
> URL in their feedback response so it will be a wasted effort when I
phone up
> and get both negs wiped off tomorrow mornng.
>
> URL reservered (email me if you want a laugh & I will send it) as it is
> highly profane and I was basically in the wrong anyway but the guy was
such
> a dick about it I decided to argue. I did refund after a bit of an
> entertaining barney though. :)

While you don't deserve the verbal abuse, if what he says is true your
actual Customer Service doesn't come across well, in my opinion.

Niel Humphreys

Sep 11, 2004, 1:45:06 PM9/11/04
"Niel Humphreys" <ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote in message

Hmm perhaps..... A mate who posted to the comments section in my defence (I
did no ask him to do this) was met with a torrent of similar abuse and also
complained to his ISP, he got the following reply (copied and pasted):

"It should have be clear from the title and content of the article that Mr
Lightfoot is an unhinged lunatic capable of wielding extreme profanity in
his web log, so the response you received can hardly have been unexpected."

--

Niel Humphreys

Kim Andrews

Sep 11, 2004, 2:16:19 PM9/11/04
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:45:06 +0100, "Niel Humphreys"
<ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> wrote:

>"It should have be clear from the title and content of the article that Mr
>Lightfoot is an unhinged lunatic capable of wielding extreme profanity in
>his web log, so the response you received can hardly have been unexpected."

ROFL!

--
by Kimbo!
Books at www.bykimbo.com
Cards, prints, textiles at www.aardvarkgallery.com

Find me on ebay at http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/bykimbo/

Alex Threlfall

Sep 12, 2004, 6:52:31 AM9/12/04
In article <414339bc$0$20244$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk says...
ROFLMAO!
--
Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

Grimly Curmudgeon

Sep 12, 2004, 11:04:43 AM9/12/04
It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Niel Humphreys"
<ad...@blokkersnowdoncomputers.co.uk> saying something like:

>Hmm perhaps..... A mate who posted to the comments section in my defence (I
>did no ask him to do this) was met with a torrent of similar abuse and also
>complained to his ISP, he got the following reply (copied and pasted):
>
>"It should have be clear from the title and content of the article that Mr
>Lightfoot is an unhinged lunatic capable of wielding extreme profanity in
>his web log, so the response you received can hardly have been unexpected."

Hmmm... just pay the bloke his postage, for fuck's sake. You
(unintentionally) sold him a piece of scrap and he's out of pocket; you
have no justification for not refunding him, twat though he might be.

Dave Hillam

Sep 13, 2004, 8:16:24 AM9/13/04
Niel Humphreys wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Sat, 11 Sep 2004
18:45:06 +0100
MID<414339bc$0$20244$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>:

>"It should have be clear from the title and content of the article that Mr
>Lightfoot is an unhinged lunatic capable of wielding extreme profanity in
>his web log, so the response you received can hardly have been unexpected."

Slightly scarily, this has been posted in other ngs recently:-

<http://roughly.beasts.org/>

Not that it's changed my view of him on the subject of this thread,
but interesting enough to get you to stop work for ten minutes?

Gizmo

Sep 13, 2004, 11:20:32 AM9/13/04

> Niel Humphreys wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Sat, 11 Sep 2004
> 18:45:06 +0100
> MID<414339bc$0$20244$cc9e...@news-text.dial.pipex.com>:
>
> >"It should have be clear from the title and content of the article that
Mr
> >Lightfoot is an unhinged lunatic capable of wielding extreme profanity in
> >his web log, so the response you received can hardly have been
unexpected."

> Slightly scarily, this has been posted in other ngs recently:-
>
> <http://roughly.beasts.org/>
>
> Not that it's changed my view of him on the subject of this thread,
> but interesting enough to get you to stop work for ten minutes?

The really scary thing is the depth he's gone to when analysing the results
!!
http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/wwwitter/20040828-the_weirdness_of_crowds.html

Either he has to much time on his hands, or I waste to much time down the
pub ;o)

Jackie Green

Sep 13, 2004, 12:12:09 PM9/13/04

probably a bit of both ;-)

Dave Hillam

Sep 13, 2004, 5:13:37 PM9/13/04
Gizmo wrote in uk.people.consumers.ebay on Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:20:32
+0100 MID<ci4ds0$o2i$1...@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>:

>The really scary thing is the depth he's gone to when analysing the results
>!!
>http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/wwwitter/20040828-the_weirdness_of_crowds.html
>
>Either he has to much time on his hands, or I waste to much time down the
>pub ;o)

No such thing. ;-)

Unless, of course, there is a group of people at the next table
discussing standard deviation, Australian plastic bags and the
whereabouts of Cardiff. Then I'd be worried.