Cheap Web Design

Paul Ockenden

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

"Peter Simons" <pe...@uk-hosting.org.uk> wrote in message
news:38AFD99A...@uk-hosting.org.uk...
> Check tag holder of domain :)

[fx:giggles ...]

P.

BigNose Bobpants

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
BigNose BobPants wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:09:44 -0000:-

> Paul Ockenden wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:25:49 -0000:-

> Exactly. It's registered to a Mr. "John McCon" at Freenetname. It
> does inspire a lot of confidence :)

While I'm at it - I've noticed that within the cost table, there's a
£20 charge for a domain name. I hope that doesn't mean that the
customer is going to get an account with Freenetname, NDO,
ConnectFree or any other free domain provider. :|

Regards,

BigNose BP

BigNose BobPants

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Paul Ockenden wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:25:49 -0000:-

> "Peter Simons" <pe...@uk-hosting.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Check tag holder of domain :)
>
> [fx:giggles ...]

Exactly. It's registered to a Mr. "John McCon" at Freenetname. It
does inspire a lot of confidence :)

Without prejudice:

Also, isn't Mr. Waghorn the chap that used a "secure" password
authentication system which eventually lead to the exposure of his
account's password? The web page style of the above site looks
awfully familiar...

Mmmm..

Regards,

Bobpants

Paul Womar

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Craft Web Design <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Craft Web Design have scouted the Web to find that most web design
> charge in excess of £1000 for a average web site! Craft Web Design
> charge attractive prices for excellent pages. With packages from £25,
> you will not find a better deal.

A better deal could be found by getting any old website software off of
a coverdisk and spending 5 mintes knocking it up yourself.
--
-> The email address in this message *IS* Valid <-

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:43:04 +0000, {$PW$}@womar.co.uk (Paul Womar)
wrote:

Let me assure you, a novice at computing wwould not be able to build a
web site of our quality. There is a difference between FrontPage
Express with PaintBrush and FrontPage 2000 with Paint Shop Pro and
Xara 3D

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

John McCon is the official owner, I brought the domain off him for £5.
I have never before used password prompts in my pages, and I don't
intend to, its a optional extra for customers.

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:13:36 -0000, BigNose Bobpants
<bignose....@postmaster.org.uk> wrote:

>BigNose BobPants wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:09:44 -0000:-
>

>> Paul Ockenden wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:25:49 -0000:-
>>
>> > "Peter Simons" <pe...@uk-hosting.org.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > [fx:giggles ...]
>>
>> Exactly. It's registered to a Mr. "John McCon" at Freenetname. It
>> does inspire a lot of confidence :)
>

>While I'm at it - I've noticed that within the cost table, there's a
>£20 charge for a domain name. I hope that doesn't mean that the
>customer is going to get an account with Freenetname, NDO,
>ConnectFree or any other free domain provider. :|
>
>Regards,
>
> BigNose BP

No, for all customers we register with NicNames

Insane Loony

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Craft Web Design wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:11:11 GMT:-

> John McCon is the official owner, I brought the domain off him for £5.
> I have never before used password prompts in my pages, and I don't
> intend to, its a optional extra for customers.

In which case, you'll need to inform Freenetname of the change,
otherwise you'll be in violation of their terms and conditions,
namely section 5:-

"All registration information supplied to us by you must be true,
complete and accurate. You must not impersonate any other person. You
must notify us of any changes to the information immediately by e-
mail to ad...@freenetname.net. We will not disclose your personal
information, except for that detailed in Paragraph 9, to anyone else
unless you agree or where we are obliged to do so by law or where we
are asked to co-operate with any police or government body."

I would assume that changing domain name info would also constitute
the above.

Regards,

IL

WL

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Craft Web Design <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm not so sure. Without meaning to sound rude or arrogant, I think it's
best you take everyones' advice they are offering - it's worthy.

Will

Paul Womar

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Craft Web Design <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Let me assure you, a novice at computing wwould not be able to build a
> web site of our quality. There is a difference between FrontPage
> Express with PaintBrush and FrontPage 2000 with Paint Shop Pro and
> Xara 3D

I did see it, I also failed to see anything that special about it. I
did notice my browser displaying it's "Unahppy due to poor HTML" red
face though. I see nothing on your site that suggests it is of high
quality, it seems just like a very normal basic website, not that I'm
saying that is in itself a bad thing.

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:11:35 -0000, "WL"
<wi...@localads.replace_with_dot_net> wrote:

>Craft Web Design <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:43:04 +0000, {$PW$}@womar.co.uk (Paul Womar)

>> wrote:
>
>> Let me assure you, a novice at computing wwould not be able to build a
>> web site of our quality. There is a difference between FrontPage
>> Express with PaintBrush and FrontPage 2000 with Paint Shop Pro and
>> Xara 3D
>

>I'm not so sure. Without meaning to sound rude or arrogant, I think it's
>best you take everyones' advice they are offering - it's worthy.
>
>Will

I am and I appreciate all feedback. If I was not interested, I would
reply with rude comments or not at all. I feel my service is worth
£25, if you don't think so then please find a cheaper deal
elsewhere... For example, go to:
http://candacefitzgerald.com/prices.htm
and you will see that a similar deal to mine is sellign for $500!!!

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

Thanks for the advice. I will contact FreeNetName for info ASAP

Craft Web Design

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:04:44 +0000, {$PW$}@womar.co.uk (Paul Womar)
wrote:

>Craft Web Design <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Let me assure you, a novice at computing wwould not be able to build a
>> web site of our quality. There is a difference between FrontPage
>> Express with PaintBrush and FrontPage 2000 with Paint Shop Pro and
>> Xara 3D
>

>I did see it, I also failed to see anything that special about it. I
>did notice my browser displaying it's "Unahppy due to poor HTML" red
>face though. I see nothing on your site that suggests it is of high
>quality, it seems just like a very normal basic website, not that I'm
>saying that is in itself a bad thing.
>--
>-> The email address in this message *IS* Valid <-

It is meant to be basic. If I added lots of GIFs and other elements,
the page would take too long to load, thus losing valuable customers.
Thanks for your feedback by the way.

Paul Ockenden

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

"Craft Web Design" <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> There is a difference between FrontPage Express with PaintBrush and
> FrontPage 2000 with Paint Shop Pro and Xara 3D

There's a difference between Power Devil and Black & Decker power
tools too ... Bet you won't find many serious professionals using either.

P.

p.s. Check out the current (April) issue of PC Pro. Page 254, Boris
knows best.

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

Paul Ockenden <pa...@ockenden.com> wrote in message

Alright guys, I think you've beaten him up enough! ;-]

My word of advice to Mr Waghorn - and something you should already know:

Sit on a newgroup, observe the subject matter and tone of messages before
actually posting. Even then beware of posting a message that could be
construed as feeble spamming - especially in uk.net. Above all, beware of
being labelled a fuckwit - something I'm sure you are in danger of
(inability to receive clue.....)

You're only lucky {R} hasn't stepped in here!

Mista O

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than speak and prove beyond all
doubt....(or something similair)

Hit And Run Posting

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

"Craft Web Design" <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Thanks you for
your feedback. I chose to use a standard font due to
> compatibility. If someone views my page on a 486 with Win3.1, chances
> are they won't have many fancy fonts. This will then disrupt the
> page. There are tables on this price page, along with colourful
> buttons and a few JavaScript applets. I have experimented with
> different fonts and colours. They look frankly unprofessional.

You want professional?

a) use style sheets
b) use a DTD
c) Run everything through the W3C validator.
d) Use named entities instead of high ascii characters
e) Always use alt tags
f) Lose the bloody funny "Don't steal my graphics or I'll come get you and
all your accounts" sentence
g) Loose javascript that servers no purpose.
h) Don't use the windows character set
i) Try to use correct parameters, see your contents frame as a prime example
of adding parameters to a tag, which don't exist
j) Acknowledge external copyright holders. Do not use logos without
permission.
h) If you're saying you do all your own graphics, don't use stock animated
gifs on your contact page
k) Learn how to turn image borders off in links
l) And if you have your own domain, why do you use a hotmail address?

(Christ I'm bored today, even my new WAP phone isn't amusing me!)

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

Paul Ockenden <pa...@ockenden.com> wrote in message

Richard Herring

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <Yq0s4.4111$74.1...@nnrp3.clara.net>, Dave Mason (da...@lowjobs.co.uk) wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 19:47:41 -0000, "Paul Ockenden" <pa...@ockenden.com>
> wrote:

> >There's a difference between Power Devil and Black & Decker power
> >tools too ... Bet you won't find many serious professionals using either.

> Too bloody expensive, I buy mine from Taiwan.

> 3-5 quid for an electric anything (x100)

> Use it for one job and bin it / pass it on to your mates / etc.

To get the job done really quickly, buy the 110-volt version ;-)
--
Richard Herring | <richard...@gecm.com>

Rich Cracknell

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
This sounds like a cheesey low-budget TV commercial.

I wont bother commenting on what I thik of your design skills seeing as
people have already dug in.

> Craft Web Design have scouted the Web to find that most web design
> charge in excess of £1000 for a average web site! Craft Web Design
> charge attractive prices for excellent pages. With packages from £25,

> you will not find a better deal. With all the latest in graphic and
> design software, choosing Craft Web Design will be the best choice
> your business ever made. And we don't just make pages for businesses,
> anyone can have a low cost web page from Craft Web Design. We don't
> ask for a banner from us or any other company to be placed on your
> site either. Visit Craft Web Design and find out what we can do for
> you today.

---------
> Christopher Waghorn, manager of Craft Web Design
> www.craftwebdesign.co.uk
---------

James J. Farmer

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
Hit And Run Posting wrote:

> "Craft Web Design" <c_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Thanks you for
> your feedback. I chose to use a standard font due to
> > compatibility. If someone views my page on a 486 with Win3.1, chances
> > are they won't have many fancy fonts. This will then disrupt the
> > page. There are tables on this price page, along with colourful
> > buttons and a few JavaScript applets. I have experimented with
> > different fonts and colours. They look frankly unprofessional.
>
> You want professional?
>
> a) use style sheets

[snip!]

> l) And if you have your own domain, why do you use a hotmail address?

Also:

m) Learn the difference between JavaScript and Applets.

James.

James J. Farmer

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
Craft Web Design wrote:

> Craft Web Design have scouted the Web to find that most web design
> charge in excess of £1000 for a average web site! Craft Web Design
> charge attractive prices for excellent pages. With packages from £25,
> you will not find a better deal. With all the latest in graphic and
> design software, choosing Craft Web Design will be the best choice
> your business ever made. And we don't just make pages for businesses,
> anyone can have a low cost web page from Craft Web Design. We don't
> ask for a banner from us or any other company to be placed on your
> site either. Visit Craft Web Design and find out what we can do for
> you today.

Nothing personal, but I just loaded your webpage using Netscape 4.7
(Solaris version) and it is, errrhhh, not quite the most impressive
bit of design I've ever seen. Several fundamental problems:

* The fancy textbox thingy is too wide for the left-hand frame.

* All the graphics have ugly white borders around them. (Don't
forget that you can't rely on the default background colour
being white, because it's grey on some systems.)

* The "Services" page is unviewable due to a missing external
Javascript script.

Of course, I am not a professional web designer, but those
are my opinions...

James.
--
James J. Farmer
Venue: University of Birmingham, School of Computer Science

Barry Dorrans

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

n) Don't use eaither unless you have to :)

Paul Ockenden

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

"Barry Dorrans" <spam....@bann.co.uk.trap> wrote in message

x) Buy a spell checker.

P.

Ben Smithurst

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
James J. Farmer wrote:

> * All the graphics have ugly white borders around them. (Don't
> forget that you can't rely on the default background colour
> being white, because it's grey on some systems.)

Even better, it's sometimes grey, sometimes white, depending on what
mood your web browser is in, despite the fact I've set the background
colour to white. Isn't Netscape wonderful.

I'm guessing the software page is a joke too. "only the best software",
then he goes on to list FrontPlague. Hmm.

--
Ben Smithurst / b...@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

Hit And Run Posting

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

"Paul Ockenden" <pa...@ockenden.com> wrote in message
:-p~~

y) Use it :)

Craft Web Design

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

Its better than FrontPage Express, isn't it? <me looks around,
wonders why he spent all his money on FrontPage, DOH!>

flo...@my-deja.com

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
Mr Waghorn:

A couple of (hopefully) constructive suggestions
regarding your web design firm:

1. By all means assert your copyright over your
works on your web pages but I would remove the
bit about reporting people to the police. It's
unnecessary and makes you appear unfriendly.

2. If I click on HOME in the left frame from any
page other than the homepage I get two menu
frames.

3. Your pricing policy cannot, surely, be
workable. According to your site I can have as
many web pages as I like for £300 with as many
updates as I like, whenever I like, taking as
long as I like. What if someone were to come
along and ask you to put their dictionary on-
line? Oh, by the way it's unabridged and I want
each word to have its own page.

It seems to me that you leave yourself open to
some especially nasty abuse if your price policy
remains as it is.

All the best with your business.

Regards,
John Arnold

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

kesh.webd...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 7:27:51 AM11/5/13

Awesome post

Chris Potter

Jul 4, 2014, 4:26:01 AM7/4/14
Get cheap website designs for recruiting firms in UK at fast recruitment websites. you can visit personally at

Unit 4, Clayfields Business Centre, Clayfields, Off Tickhill Road, Doncaster, DN4 8QG, United Kingdom
or call at
Tel: 01302 288 591