CSV - to MySQL ?

Rick Pearce

Jan 29, 2002, 2:11:31 PM1/29/02
Hi folks,

anybody know how I can get a CSV file (exported form excel) into a MySQL
database - ie how do I convert it into a sql dump file.

There must be a way.

I found a script called csv2sql.php at

http://www.lumbroso.com/scripts/

but I can't get it to work properly.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Rick
--
Rick Pearce

M@

Jan 29, 2002, 3:46:29 PM1/29/02

"Rick Pearce" <ri...@pea999.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi folks,
>
> anybody know how I can get a CSV file (exported form excel) into a MySQL
> database - ie how do I convert it into a sql dump file.

Hi Rick
You can load csv directly into the tables of MySQL by using the LOAD INFILE
command.
phpMyAdmin can simplify this just click on the load textfile link on a
tables property page, configure the options to suit your delimiter(comma)
and your csv file is uploaded into the MySQL table.
Uploaded over 60,000 records into a site using this method.
Hope that helps
M@
ma...@nex-gen.net

Rick Pearce

Jan 29, 2002, 4:30:05 PM1/29/02
In message <3c57...@212.67.96.135>, "M@" <ukcybe...@yahoo.com>
writes

>Hi Rick
>You can load csv directly into the tables of MySQL by using the LOAD
>INFILE command. phpMyAdmin can simplify this just click on the load
>textfile link on a tables property page, configure the options to suit
>your delimiter(comma) and your csv file is uploaded into the MySQL
>table. Uploaded over 60,000 records into a site using this method.
>Hope that helps
>M@
>ma...@nex-gen.net
Well I'll be buggered! (If you pardon the esxpression) I never spotted
that one!

Thanks

Rick
--
Rick Pearce

Message has been deleted

ma...@monitor.wc.lt

Feb 23, 2018, 3:39:00 PM2/23/18
Quick & easy export: http://excel2mysql.esy.es/csv2mysql.php - ONLINE Converter,
Converts data from CSV,XLSX, XLS (Excel)files to SQL insert script to Import in MySQL or SQL server databases by phpMyAdmin or other manager program.Hope it helps !

ma...@monitor.wc.lt

Feb 23, 2018, 3:40:20 PM2/23/18