[Status] [PEW] BT Circuits: [At risk] BT Planned work (Open)

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 8, 2024, 11:56:05 AMJan 8
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless. _Update
expected: 2024-01-09 10:00:00_

--
AAISP Status Feed

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 8, 2024, 6:48:05 PMJan 8
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #1: 2024-01-08 23:42:55 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
| connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.
|
> _Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
> that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
> smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
> circuits to drop and reconnect. _Update expected: 2024-01-09 10:00:00_

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 8, 2024, 7:08:05 PMJan 8
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #2: 2024-01-09 00:03:25 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.

_Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
| circuits to drop and reconnect.
>
> _Update 9 Jan 2024 00:03:25_ see: https://aastatus.net/42597 for
> information about the outage that was caused to some customers due to
> this. _Update expected: 2024-01-09 10:00:00_

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 8, 2024, 7:16:05 PMJan 8
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #3: 2024-01-09 00:09:23 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.

_Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
circuits to drop and reconnect.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:03:25_ see: https://aastatus.net/42597 for
information about the outage that was caused to some customers due to
| this.
>
> _Update 9 Jan 2024 00:09:23_ This does mean, that when BT do their work
> a bit later, that there is a risk of another blip or possible outage. _Update

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 8, 2024, 7:40:05 PMJan 8
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #4: 2024-01-09 00:36:16 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.

_Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
circuits to drop and reconnect.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:03:25_ see: https://aastatus.net/42597 for
information about the outage that was caused to some customers due to
this.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:09:23_ This does mean, that when BT do their work
| a bit later, that there is a risk of another blip or possible outage.
|
> _Update 9 Jan 2024 00:36:16_ BT say that they are starting their work
> now... _Update expected: 2024-01-09 10:00:00_

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 9, 2024, 3:24:05 AMJan 9
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #5: 2024-01-09 08:17:56 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.

_Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
circuits to drop and reconnect.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:03:25_ see: https://aastatus.net/42597 for
information about the outage that was caused to some customers due to
this.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:09:23_ This does mean, that when BT do their work
a bit later, that there is a risk of another blip or possible outage.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:36:16_ BT say that they are starting their work
| now...
>
> _Resolution_ BT completed their work without any further interruption.

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 9, 2024, 4:48:06 AMJan 9
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #6: 2024-01-09 09:44:26 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-08 22:00:00_
BT have planned maintenance on one of the hostlinks that connect us to
them. We will therefore be moving traffic off this link before their
work starts. BT work is planned for 9th January at 1AM, and we will
move traffic during the evening of 8th January. This should not affect
connections and the move of traffic should be seamless.

_Update 8 Jan 2024 23:42:55_ Traffic has been moved off the hostlinks
that BT will be working on from midnight. However, this act was not as
smooth as it should have been, it did cause a large number of BT
circuits to drop and reconnect.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:03:25_ see: https://aastatus.net/42597 for
information about the outage that was caused to some customers due to
this.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:09:23_ This does mean, that when BT do their work
a bit later, that there is a risk of another blip or possible outage.

_Update 9 Jan 2024 00:36:16_ BT say that they are starting their work
now...

| _Resolution_ Unfortunately, BT actually did not carry out their planned
> work, and will reschedule it for a later date.

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 10, 2024, 4:16:06 AMJan 10
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #7: 2024-01-10 09:08:19 GMT

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 16, 2024, 11:16:05 AMJan 16
Posted at 2024-01-08 16:52:21 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #8: 2024-01-16 16:11:17 GMT