[Status] [PEW] Overnight: Overnight LNS Shuffling and Installation of additional 'Witless' LNSs (Open)

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 13, 2024, 3:16:05 PMJan 13
Posted at 2024-01-13 20:11:05 GMT by Andrews & Arnold

_Started: 2024-01-14 01:00:00_

_Brief:_
We will be moving some customers between LNS overnight (1AM-6AM) over
the next two weeks starting from Sunday 14th January. This will involve
both customers on some of the 'Gormless' LNSs as well as the 'Witless'
LNSs. The process to move customers involves us forcing the customer's
router to reconnect which usually takes less than a minute and often a
few seconds.

_More details:_
This is being carried out to reduce the size of the pool of 'Gormless'
LNSs (Used for lines 80Mb/s and under in speed) and to increase the
pool of 'Witless' LNSs (Used for lines 80Mb/s and over).

We currently have an over-provision of the 'Gormless' LNSs (21 at the
start of this work) and a reduction in the number won't affect the
performance or quality of the service.

This work won't each customer every night and some customers won't see
a drop at all - we will only be moving 'an LNS worth of customers' at a
time.

Installation of new 'Witless' LNSs will require multiple datacentre
visits, hence this work taking place over a number of weeks.

_Update expected: 2024-01-15 11:00:00_

--
AAISP Status Feed

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 15, 2024, 11:08:05 AMJan 15
Posted at 2024-01-13 20:11:05 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #1: 2024-01-15 16:05:28 GMT

_Started: 2024-01-14 01:00:00_

_Brief:_
We will be moving some customers between LNS overnight (1AM-6AM) over
the next two weeks starting from Sunday 14th January. This will involve
both customers on some of the 'Gormless' LNSs as well as the 'Witless'
LNSs. The process to move customers involves us forcing the customer's
router to reconnect which usually takes less than a minute and often a
few seconds.

_More details:_
This is being carried out to reduce the size of the pool of 'Gormless'
LNSs (Used for lines 80Mb/s and under in speed) and to increase the
pool of 'Witless' LNSs (Used for lines 80Mb/s and over).

We currently have an over-provision of the 'Gormless' LNSs (21 at the
start of this work) and a reduction in the number won't affect the
performance or quality of the service.

This work won't each customer every night and some customers won't see
a drop at all - we will only be moving 'an LNS worth of customers' at a
time.

Installation of new 'Witless' LNSs will require multiple datacentre
visits, hence this work taking place over a number of weeks.

> _Update 15 Jan 2024 16:05:28_ This work is on hold whilst we prepare
> the hardware for installation in to the datacentres. It will resume
> towards the end of this week. _Update expected: 2024-01-17 14:00:00_

Andrews & Arnold

Jan 19, 2024, 11:00:06 AMJan 19
Posted at 2024-01-13 20:11:05 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #2: 2024-01-19 15:57:39 GMT