RFD submitted. ETA?

Stephen Cole

Jan 16, 2021, 4:53:24 AM1/16/21
Hello. I submitted an RFD to Control on Sunday 10th January. Having heard
nothing in reply or seen the RFD posted, I emailed Control by replying to
my original email on Wednesday 13th January to chase it and was informed by
return that he had not received the original email (it was definitely sent,
as I had blind-copied myself in to it). I replied on Thursday 14th January
to ask if I could take it as read that the RFD was now being processed. It
is Saturday 16th January now and I have received no further correspondence
and the RFD has not yet been posted.

May I ask Control and/or the Committee to kindly let me know if the RFD
will be posted soon, and what is the likely ETA of that post? Or am I
required to send the RFD to Control again if the quoted copy he has in his
inbox is not acceptable?

Thanks.

--
STC / M0TEY

Charles Lindsey

Jan 16, 2021, 12:11:31 PM1/16/21
On 16/01/2021 09:53, Stephen Cole wrote:
> Hello. I submitted an RFD to Control on Sunday 10th January. Having heard
> nothing in reply or seen the RFD posted, I emailed Control by replying to
> my original email on Wednesday 13th January to chase it and was informed by
> return that he had not received the original email (it was definitely sent,
> as I had blind-copied myself in to it). I replied on Thursday 14th January
> to ask if I could take it as read that the RFD was now being processed. It
> is Saturday 16th January now and I have received no further correspondence
> and the RFD has not yet been posted.

You were informed by Control that your RFD had not been received. I, in my
capacity as Deputy Control, can report that I did not see it either. I suggest
you send it again.

--
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own thing-----------
Tel: +44 161 488 1845 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl

Pancho

Jan 16, 2021, 12:19:17 PM1/16/21
On 16/01/2021 17:11, Charles Lindsey wrote:
> On 16/01/2021 09:53, Stephen Cole wrote:
>> Hello. I submitted an RFD to Control on Sunday 10th January. Having heard
>> nothing in reply or seen the RFD posted, I emailed Control by replying to
>> my original email on Wednesday 13th January to chase it and was
>> informed by
>> return that he had not received the original email (it was definitely
>> sent,
>> as I had blind-copied myself in to it). I replied on Thursday 14th
>> January
>> to ask if I could take it as read that the RFD was now being
>> processed. It
>> is Saturday 16th January now and I have received no further
>> correspondence
>> and the RFD has not yet been posted.
>
> You were informed by Control that your RFD had not been received. I, in
> my capacity as Deputy Control, can report that I did not see it either.
> I suggest you send it again.

Why are requests for a group creation emailed to con...@usenet.org.uk
as opposed to posted to a public newsgroup?

Stephen, perhaps you could both email it to them again and post it here.

Stephen Cole

Jan 16, 2021, 1:04:08 PM1/16/21
Charles Lindsey <c...@clerew.man.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 16/01/2021 09:53, Stephen Cole wrote:
>> Hello. I submitted an RFD to Control on Sunday 10th January. Having heard
>> nothing in reply or seen the RFD posted, I emailed Control by replying to
>> my original email on Wednesday 13th January to chase it and was informed by
>> return that he had not received the original email (it was definitely sent,
>> as I had blind-copied myself in to it). I replied on Thursday 14th January
>> to ask if I could take it as read that the RFD was now being processed. It
>> is Saturday 16th January now and I have received no further correspondence
>> and the RFD has not yet been posted.
>
> You were informed by Control that your RFD had not been received.

Indeed. But where the RFD was quoted in full in my chase-up email, which
Control received and replied to, I was unsure if it was being processed or
not from that. Control gave no indication either way in his email and I
have not had a response to my subsequent email asking if it was. Hence this
post.

>I, in my
> capacity as Deputy Control, can report that I did not see it either. I suggest
> you send it again.

I shall, this evening.

--
STC / M0TEY

Stephen Cole

Jan 16, 2021, 1:19:56 PM1/16/21
Stephen Cole <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:
> Charles Lindsey <c...@clerew.man.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I, in my
>> capacity as Deputy Control, can report that I did not see it either. I suggest
>> you send it again.
>
> I shall, this evening.

I just have.

--