Re: Can farmers sue Leave?

Stephen Cole

Jan 4, 2021, 2:09:42 AM1/4/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/01/2021 15:40, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <xn0msf3db...@news.individual.net>, at 14:22:32 on Sat,
>> 2 Jan 2021, Jeff Gaines <jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk> remarked:

>>> You are provided somebody else applies the standard moderation rules.
>>> You (and other mods) are guilty of saying things that are rejected if
>>> said by non-mods.
>>
>> I don't think so.
>
> So one rule for you, and one for others.
>
> You are a good example of how moderated groups should not be run.
>
> Moderators should have a finite tenure otherwise they think they own the
> group.

I remember when, during the various ukram RFD debates/screaming fits, that
various exalted ones from the Great And Good of uk.* made a lot of shrill,
highfalutin noise about how ulm was the “gold standard” for usenet
moderation, with its unimpeachable moderator practices. Oh, there’s egg on
their faces now and no mistake. If they had any sense of shame they’d
resign from the Committee in disgrace.

--
STC / M0TEY

Roger Hayter

Jan 4, 2021, 3:20:00 AM1/4/21
On 4 Jan 2021 at 07:09:41 GMT, "Stephen Cole" <use...@stephenthomascole.com>
wrote:
What's your problem with ulm moderation then, purely as a matter of interest?

--
Roger Hayter

The Todal

Jan 4, 2021, 4:47:34 AM1/4/21
You seem to inhabit a fantasy land. Who were the "great and the good"?
You probably envy them their power and influence, such as it was (and I
don't suppose it was much). I'm sure they are quite unaware of any egg
on their faces.

Stephen Cole

Jan 4, 2021, 1:07:54 PM1/4/21
It’s all in the archives. What’s best is that these people *know* they’ve
got egg on their faces, after all they said about ulm and how the ulm mods
have since behaved. They must be fuming!

--
STC / M0TEY

Stephen Cole

Jan 4, 2021, 1:07:54 PM1/4/21
Nothing at all, it’s their group they can run it how they like as far as
I’m concerned.

--
STC / M0TEY

Stephen Cole

Jan 4, 2021, 1:07:54 PM1/4/21
Roger Hayter <ro...@hayter.org> wrote:
> I'd just note, which I missed first time, that this has been mischievously
> cross posted to unn.management, so I've removed that and set follow ups.

It’s actually on topic for .management, tbh, Rog, as it concerns the
management of the hierarchy. It’s also on topic for .config too, now I
think about it, as it pertains to prior RFD group creation debates. Copied
in. Thanks for the heads up, mate!

--
STC / M0TEY

The Todal

Jan 4, 2021, 2:29:53 PM1/4/21
Fuming? Don't you mean weeping and self-flagellating and praying for
forgiveness? In vain, because God's mercy is not limitless.

Stephen Cole

Jan 4, 2021, 3:29:10 PM1/4/21
They made their beds, they’re going to have to lie in them. With egg on
their faces, to boot! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

--
STC / M0TEY