Yours, confused

Rob Smith

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
OK, so my weekends have got a bit on the fucked up side over the last
few weeks. I haven't managed to get to any parties or festivals
outside London :( Not for lack of trying, but the world has conspired
against me.

Now, I have some reason for celebration, and I am in need of a good
weekend out (it's been at least 2 weeks since the last time). I have
tried to decipher the postings made over the last couple of weeks to
try and work out what people are doing, but it ain't making sense (too
many "this weekend" and "next saturdays" and not enough dates - it
doesn't take much to loose me, y'know). So plurry gang, please tell me
what you're up to and where your parties of choice are for the coming
weekend (18/09).

For those who managed to get to CoR I hope you had a wonderful time,
that the police didn't managed to fuck things up too much.

- Rob :)

Phil

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Dear Confused of London,

>OK, so my weekends have got a bit on the fucked up side over the last
>few weeks.

So what's new, Rob?

> I haven't managed to get to any parties or festivals
>outside London

Oh, *that* kind of fucked up. :)

>Now, I have some reason for celebration, and I am in need of a good
>weekend out (it's been at least 2 weeks since the last time).

[snip]

>So plurry gang, please tell me
>what you're up to and where your parties of choice are for the coming
>weekend (18/09).

Three possibilities have been mentioned for Friday:

Samsara birthday - Darren Shambhala, Oberon, Cybernaut (live),
Beamish, Mark Sinclair - bound to be a good night and also bound to be
packed.

Trancentral @ Tyssen St
Bouncy uplifting trance techno room - Choci, SLS, Aaron Liberator,
Jace, Orange Peel, Audio Pancake (live), K90 (live)
Deeper darker acid techno room - Zebedee, Lawrie Immersion, Bruiser,
Steve Murray, Gizelle, DDR (live), Dave the Drummer (live)

Fish! @ The Soundshaft
D.F.Q., Dave Randall, RR Fierce, Pete Wardman, Karim

Discussions will no doubt ensue this week over that choice.

Saturday, a visit to Labyrinth is being planned for some Happy
Hardcore action. No prizes for guessing the driving force behind that
one. :)

Phil
--
"Volume! Clarity! Bass! We must have bass!
What's wrong with us? Are we goddamn old ladies?"

Marcus Roberts

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Phil wrote:

> >So plurry gang, please tell me
> >what you're up to and where your parties of choice are for the coming
> >weekend (18/09).
>
> Three possibilities have been mentioned for Friday:
>
> Samsara birthday - Darren Shambhala, Oberon, Cybernaut (live),
> Beamish, Mark Sinclair - bound to be a good night and also bound to be
> packed.

How packed was it this Friday? And as Dale says, when it's full of
people dancing, it doesn't matter. It gets my vote.

> Trancentral @ Tyssen St
> Bouncy uplifting trance techno room - Choci, SLS, Aaron Liberator,
> Jace, Orange Peel, Audio Pancake (live), K90 (live)
> Deeper darker acid techno room - Zebedee, Lawrie Immersion, Bruiser,
> Steve Murray, Gizelle, DDR (live), Dave the Drummer (live)

Hmmm, do Orange Peel and Aaron Liberator *promise* to play bouncy
uplifting trance? :)

We were *suppose* to be having a vote on the best place to go, except a
certain pair of munters snuck out on Saturday and bought tickets for
Trancentral. Hmmmmmm.

Where's everyone else planning to go?

Marcus

Rupert Voelcker

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In article <35FCE140...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>, Marcus Roberts <mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
<snip>

>We were *suppose* to be having a vote on the best place to go, except a
>certain pair of munters snuck out on Saturday and bought tickets for
>Trancentral. Hmmmmmm.

guilty as charged your honour - Tyssen street and that line up proved to be
too irresistable - I guess this counts as a vote??

Love

Rupes =:-)

Phil

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Marcus Roberts wrote:

>Phil wrote:

>> Samsara birthday - Darren Shambhala, Oberon, Cybernaut (live),
>> Beamish, Mark Sinclair - bound to be a good night and also bound to be
>> packed.
>
>How packed was it this Friday? And as Dale says, when it's full of
>people dancing, it doesn't matter. It gets my vote.

It was pretty full, but they had the Love Muscle staging in again so
it was a different kind of full. Apart from a break during most of
SBL's set, I was dancing the whole night and didn't feel too
constricted.

>We were *suppose* to be having a vote on the best place to go, except a
>certain pair of munters snuck out on Saturday and bought tickets for
>Trancentral. Hmmmmmm.

I knew it was a mistake to leave them unsupervised. Pesky kids. :)

>Where's everyone else planning to go?

I'm still strangely drawn to EfS.

Gary Figg

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In article <35FCE140...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>, Marcus Roberts
<mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> writes

>Where's everyone else planning to go?
>
>Marcus

Well I'm off to see Cybernaut at the Fridge, 'cos in my book they beat
the hell out of any other act around. I had a wicked time dancing to
them at the Academy as any of you that saw me would know, I had a huge
cheesy grin across my face right through their set.

Cybernaut rule!

Gary.

Rob Smith

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:48:43 +0100, Gary Figg
<ga...@fluorosoft.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <35FCE140...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>, Marcus Roberts
><mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> writes
>>Where's everyone else planning to go?
>>
>>Marcus

Samsara, so that

>Well I'm off to see Cybernaut at the Fridge, 'cos in my book they beat
>the hell out of any other act around. I had a wicked time dancing to
>them at the Academy as any of you that saw me would know, I had a huge
>cheesy grin across my face right through their set.
>
>Cybernaut rule!

I can see Cybernaut :)

- Rob :)

Marcus Roberts

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Rob Smith wrote:

> Samsara, so that

Having weighed the pros and cons, it's the Fridge on Friday for me too.

It's months since I've been to the Fridge....

Marcus

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
ph...@drbob.co.uk wrote:
> Marcus Roberts wrote:
>[EfS]

> >How packed was it this Friday? And as Dale says, when it's full of
> >people dancing, it doesn't matter. It gets my vote.

i beg to differ (on both counts, but particularly on the crowded issue). i
need my space.

cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
than no cybernaut at all.

kinda.

> It was pretty full, but they had the Love Muscle staging in again so

> it was a different kind of full. [...]

well, with a club name like that you have to expect at least _one_ large
erection on the dancefloor. boom boom! :)

> >We were *suppose* to be having a vote on the best place to go, except a
> >certain pair of munters snuck out on Saturday and bought tickets for
> >Trancentral. Hmmmmmm.

i don't think it was meant to be a vote per se. it was (imho again) a polling
of the munterate in order to determine prevailing predilections with noone
being bound (or gagged) by the results. so there! :)

i'll still be heading down to brixton afterwards though.

ph...@drbob.co.uk also wrote:
> Saturday, a visit to Labyrinth is being planned for some Happy
> Hardcore action. No prizes for guessing the driving force behind that
> one. :)

that leroy is a hard taskmaster indeed!

B)
--
-----== barticle at hotmail.com ==-----

Warren

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Marcus Roberts <mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

You guys think Trancentral v Samsara v Fish is a tough choice?

This afternoon I had to make the choice between going to Sam and
Sara's 3rd birthday on Friday night PLUS Leyton Orient v Brighton on
Saturday afternoon (and that's a big game for us, believe me) OR..
going on a free weekend to St Tropaz, South of France, on a blag with
a software company.

Can you believe that I (genuinely) asked the PR girl for 5 minutes
whilst I made my mind up?!?!?

At least my heart's in the right place. :-)

Whatever, see ya at ToM/Acubanism... with a topped-up tan.

Wahaaaay!

--
Warren

smiley pete

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Marcus Roberts <mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

>Rob Smith wrote:

>> Samsara, so that

>Having weighed the pros and cons, it's the Fridge on Friday for me too.

Me too...

plur,

Pete :)

Rob Smith

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:04:29 GMT, bart...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>i beg to differ (on both counts, but particularly on the crowded issue). i
>need my space.
>
>cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
>them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
>than no cybernaut at all.
>
>kinda.

Sorry to be so blunt Bart but - that's crap! But I know what you
mean. It's OK so long as people don't start pushing n all that
impolite rudeness on the dancefloor. I can usually find a bit of space
that'll do me for a while.

- Rob :)

Rob Smith

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:35:40 GMT,
warren@MY_T-SHIRTescape.compulink.co.uk (Warren) wrote:

>Can you believe that I (genuinely) asked the PR girl for 5 minutes
>whilst I made my mind up?!?!?

I can relate to that. Last year as I took off to head for a weeks
snowboarding in the Candian rockies I was thinking of the Pendragon
Bank Holiday special I was missing...

- Rob :)

Wendy A. S. Taylor

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
In article <35ff6439...@news.demon.co.uk>,

Rob Smith <r...@munt.demon.spamaway.co.uk> wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:04:29 GMT, bart...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
>>them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
>>than no cybernaut at all.
>>
>>kinda.

Did you see that guy next to the Pendragon Float at Notting Hill who did
that knee lift and turn sort of dance? He was incredible and seemed to have
all the space he needed, which kind of supports the theory that people will
give those who flail the space they need.

OTOH I find it hard to be impervious to other people, and tend
to flail less when it's crowded.

>Sorry to be so blunt Bart but - that's crap! But I know what you
>mean. It's OK so long as people don't start pushing n all that
>impolite rudeness on the dancefloor. I can usually find a bit of space
>that'll do me for a while.

Mmm, I found at the last Pendragon I stuck by the speakers on the left,
except at one point when I was sort of in the middle cause I wanted to
see as well as hear Baby Doc. Great big tall people kept pushing past
and then standing in front of me. I don't think they do it on purpose,
they're just oblivious of anything down below.

Wendy

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
r...@munt.demon.spamaway.co.uk (Rob Smith) wrote:
>bart...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> >cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
> >them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
> >than no cybernaut at all.
> >
> >kinda.
>
> Sorry to be so blunt Bart but - that's crap! But I know what you
> mean.

it's crap but you know what i mean? %)

> It's OK so long as people don't start pushing n all that
> impolite rudeness on the dancefloor. I can usually find a bit of space
> that'll do me for a while.

i glad that you can; i can't. imhc (in my humble case) i really need a proper
amount of space, esp if dancing in a hardcore stylee, and on a number of
occasions i've not been able to find that sort of space at the fridge. and
that includes various fridge NBC's (new bart corners) far from the munting
crowd.

bart

Marcus Roberts

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Warren wrote:

> You guys think Trancentral v Samsara v Fish is a tough choice?
>
> This afternoon I had to make the choice between going to Sam and
> Sara's 3rd birthday on Friday night PLUS Leyton Orient v Brighton on
> Saturday afternoon (and that's a big game for us, believe me) OR..
> going on a free weekend to St Tropaz, South of France, on a blag with
> a software company.
>

> Can you believe that I (genuinely) asked the PR girl for 5 minutes
> whilst I made my mind up?!?!?

5 minutes too!

> At least my heart's in the right place. :-)

Glad to hear it :)

> Whatever, see ya at ToM/Acubanism... with a topped-up tan.

WHAT! You mean you chose the free holiday over EfS's birthday? I
don't believe it :-)

> Wahaaaay!

Woohoo isn't it?

Marcus

felix

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
bart wrote:

>cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
>them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
>than no cybernaut at all.

pish and tush, you're the most self-contained considerate dancer i've yet
met. anyway, i'm the one with the large casualty radius, ner ner na nerner
(or to bowdlerise a zaphodism, i get smashed so fast people get hit by the
shrapnel)

felix

* I'll have two of what she's having *
* http://www.technohippy.org *

Warren

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Marcus Roberts <mar...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Wahaaaay!
>
>Woohoo isn't it?

"Wahaaaay" is French for "woohoo".

Probably.

--
Warren

Andrew Pearmund

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

naah, I'll go to trancentral if I go anywhere.
K90 *and* Audio Pancake
bouncy stuff in the main room at tyssen street.

I can't go out next weekend, I've got to be on call for work, so I need
a good one this weekend...

--
andy_p

'the fruitbat years'

mj...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
In article <35FFBBFD...@apmicro.nospam.co.uk>,
Andrew Pearmund <an...@apmicro.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

> I can't go out next weekend, I've got to be on call for work, so I need
> a good one this weekend...

Naaaah mate get a mobile with one of them vibrating batteries and take it out
clubbing with you that way if you get called up for work you can go straight
from the club!!! ***8-)

Sic Itur Ad Astra
To email me try mjgday<at>netscape<dot>net

Rob Smith

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:56:16 GMT, bart...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>r...@munt.demon.spamaway.co.uk (Rob Smith) wrote:

>>bart...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> >cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
>> >them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
>> >than no cybernaut at all.
>> >

>> >kinda.
>>
>> Sorry to be so blunt Bart but - that's crap! But I know what you
>> mean.
>
>it's crap but you know what i mean? %)

of course :) and meant in the nicest possible way you understand.

>> It's OK so long as people don't start pushing n all that
>> impolite rudeness on the dancefloor. I can usually find a bit of space
>> that'll do me for a while.
>
>i glad that you can; i can't.
>imhc (in my humble case) i really need a proper
>amount of space, esp if dancing in a hardcore stylee, and on a number of
>occasions i've not been able to find that sort of space at the fridge. and
>that includes various fridge NBC's (new bart corners) far from the munting
>crowd.

Yeah - I've seen you flail. Definitely safer to be to the side or
behind you ! Looking forward to a park meet up on saturday morning :)
see you then...

- Rob :)

Rob Smith

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:23:57 +0100, feli...@head-space.com (felix)
wrote:

>bart wrote:
>
>>cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
>>them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
>>than no cybernaut at all.
>

>pish and tush, you're the most self-contained considerate dancer i've yet
>met. anyway, i'm the one with the large casualty radius, ner ner na nerner
>(or to bowdlerise a zaphodism, i get smashed so fast people get hit by the
>shrapnel)

you get smashed so fast that people in the vicinity suffer from a kind
of doppler effect.

Rob Smith

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 01:37:04 GMT, mj...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>In article <35FFBBFD...@apmicro.nospam.co.uk>,
> Andrew Pearmund <an...@apmicro.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I can't go out next weekend, I've got to be on call for work, so I need
>> a good one this weekend...
>
>Naaaah mate get a mobile with one of them vibrating batteries and take it out
>clubbing with you that way if you get called up for work you can go straight
>from the club!!! ***8-)

he's got one...

- Rob :)

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98

feli...@head-space.com (felix) wrote:
> bart wrote:
>
> >cybernaut is very tempting but (imho) cybernaut without the space to enjoy
> >them properly (in military parlance, i have a large casualty radius) is worse
> >than no cybernaut at all.
>
> pish and tush, you're the most self-contained considerate dancer i've yet
> met.

if i need to be. as i said to phil and rupert on friday, i'm like a gas (or
was it a liquid?) i expand to fill the space available (or take the shape of
my container). i'd much rather have the freedom to dance _properly_,
including that sideways stuff (phil), but if i don't then i'm gonna be
contained, constrained and considerate, reluctantly, as i am too nice to do
otherwise. :)

> anyway, i'm the one with the large casualty radius, ner ner na nerner
> (or to bowdlerise a zaphodism, i get smashed so fast people get hit by the
> shrapnel)

:) i bow down to your greater toe-crushing ability, sir!

i guess it's like that old sketch with messrs corbett, barker and cleese
about social classes. "i look up at him, but i look down on him" etc... i'm
the short one, felix is in the middle and the tall one, that everyone looks
up to, is Tasch. :)

or something.

bart
--
-----== barticle at hotmail.com ==-----

felix

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
barticle wrote:

>i guess it's like that old sketch with messrs corbett, barker and cleese
>about social classes. "i look up at him, but i look down on him" etc... i'm
>the short one, felix is in the middle and the tall one, that everyone looks
>up to, is Tasch. :)
>
>or something.

yup, anyone looking down on Tasch is going to get a thump - she ain't
called Tascha the Basher for nowt...

Jem

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
In article <6trfpk$c6j$1...@news.mimir.com>, the geekily physical (or was
it physically geekey) Pete Bentley <pe...@sorted.org> writes

><bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>>if i need to be. as i said to phil and rupert on friday, i'm like a gas (or
>>was it a liquid?) i expand to fill the space available (or take the shape of
>>my container).

<parental guidance on>
Hey, I bet that's useful in the bedroom....
<parental guidance off>

>So...Boyle's Law of Dancing? If we double the temperature, does that
>double the amount of space you try to take up?

Whhoooaaah there. If you want to double the temperature remember you are
using the Kelvin scale. At that temperature (300°C) the only space
Barticle would take up would be the bits of ash in the treads of our
trainers. Tho I'm sure that there is no doubt that he is indeed just a
perfect gas, man.

;O) <--- nice apostrophe for Warren, and yes I have got a big nose

Jem
(geek)ł

Jem

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
In article <MBcbeBAw...@jeremy-cooper.demon.co.uk>, the poorly
punctuated Jem writes

<snip>

>;O) <--- nice apostrophe for Warren, and yes I have got a big nose

Errm, how do I get out if this? Of course that was a semi-colon not an
apostrophe, which also means I completely missed the significance of
Warren's earlier apostrophe plea. I'm so embarrassed.

Jem
(obviously not a language geek)

Andrew Pearmund

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98

but that's not the problem. Ever tried fixing bugs, or programming at
all, when you're out of your head? It just doesn't compute :) Besides,
can you imagine sitting in a car outside the club with a laptop on your
knees? I did consider it...

Nicholas Kitchener

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Jem <j...@jeremy-cooper.zerospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<MBcbeBAw...@jeremy-cooper.demon.co.uk>...

The Kelvin C scale - the higher the number the less dancing, fluffyness
and the more alcohol consumed.

Nick.
--
Nicholas Kitchener, Software Engineer, Logica UK
Logica Aldiscon - World Leaders in SMS Solutions.

John

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98
In article <6to1c7$k...@leofric.coventry.ac.uk>, ccx...@coventry.ac.uk
says...

> Great big tall people kept pushing past
> and then standing in front of me. I don't think they do it on purpose,
> they're just oblivious of anything down below.

You should try being down at my level! :)

John

Wendy A. S. Taylor

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98
In article <MPG.106f9d78533e90ec989684@localhost>,

John <jo...@juppy.cix.co.uk> wrote:
>You should try being down at my level! :)

What you need is a defensive circle of happy hardcore ravers, then
set the music full on and hold the cheese, or, er, something.

Wendy [it's contagious]

Nick Leverton

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98
In article <6u525n$b...@leofric.coventry.ac.uk>

... and I don't think we're talking Camembert, either.

(Oh, *ravers*. I misread that as cheesy quavers ...)

>Wendy [it's contagious]

The Livarot certainly is now, there's still a couple of square inches of
it left in a maximum isolation Tupperware, which I take out and sniff
occasionally :)

N.

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
feli...@head-space.com (felix) wrote:

> yup, anyone looking down on Tasch

looking down on tasch? good luck, unless you're sat on the balcony at the
fridge.

> is going to get a thump - she ain't called Tascha the Basher for nowt...

felix, shame on you, you forgot your <Beano> and </Beano> tags. :)

B)

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
Jem <j...@jeremy-cooper.zerospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> the geekily physical (or was it physically geekey) Pete Bentley writes
> ><bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>
> >>[...]as i said to phil and rupert on friday, i'm like a gas (or

> >>was it a liquid?) i expand to fill the space available (or take the shape of
> >>my container).

i think i said gas, but was corrected to the liquid definition given that i
tend not to actually expand. ...although i guess i experience some degree
(ho!) of thermal expansion.

in fact, we could probably put together some sort of hypothesis whereby my
limbs are approximated to be the biological equivalent of bimetallic strips
with the paired metals having quite radically different coefficients of
expansion. this would explain why, in higher temperature environmunts (such as
club dancefloors), my arms and legs undergo all manner of bizarre convultions.
:)

certainly though, the motions of the dancefloor, both for barticle and his
fellow particles is gonna be Brownian. even if you're not dave brown. :)

> <parental guidance on>
> Hey, I bet that's useful in the bedroom....
> <parental guidance off>

;)

> [..]Whhoooaaah there. If you want to double the temperature remember you are

> using the Kelvin scale. At that temperature (300°C) the only space
> Barticle would take up would be the bits of ash in the treads of our
> trainers.

oh dear, we're back to "internally grilling techno" once again.

> Tho I'm sure that there is no doubt that he is indeed just a
> perfect gas, man.

you're too kind. although i do hope you're not approximating me to be
massless, inextensible and spherical, cos that would be silly.

barticle physics :)

Jem

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
In article <6u86hd$jjh$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, the yoof-ful barticle
writes

>in fact, we could probably put together some sort of hypothesis whereby my
>limbs are approximated to be the biological equivalent of bimetallic strips
>with the paired metals having quite radically different coefficients of
>expansion. this would explain why, in higher temperature environmunts (such as
>club dancefloors), my arms and legs undergo all manner of bizarre convultions.
>:)

We _can_ rebuild him
We _have_ the technology
Barticle _is_ "The Bimetallic Man"

Myself, I try desparately hard not to think about my dancing at all lest
I get too self-conscious. I guess when I do think about it I am more
reminded of Galvani's experiments with electricity and twitching frog's
legs. My arms also seem to obey some variant of Heisenberg's uncertanty
principal - you can't know where they are and what they are doing at the
same time...

:O)

Jem

Nick Leverton

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
bart...@my-dejanews.com writes:

>barticle physics :)

A Layman's Introduction to Barticle Physics

Barticle Physics refers to that branch of physics which concerns or is
affected by the group of elementary particles known as "munterons" or
"barticles". This includes the "definite barticle" itself, which is a
slepton, as well as a number of particles of similar if varying spin,
orientation, et cetera, known as "indefinite barticles"; and the
hardon-like group of "munterons". The interactions between these
slepton and hardon particles are mediated by a hitherto-unknown nuclear
force known as "munt". The previously known hardon particles are now
generically referred to as "non-munterons".

As an example, let us look at an amorphous disorganised group of
classical non-munterons. They may be in one of several different
states: Sulky, Angry, Sad, Bored, Lonely or Frustrated. There will be
little or no alignment between the states of neighbouring non-munterons.
When they are stimulated by the application of sound energy, it is
almost certain that they will exhibit widely differing reactions to it,
and this in turn will lead to physical contacts and interactions between
the non-munterons. These interactions may involve at the least the
release of sound waves, and in cases of serious misalignment may also
involve physical energy, which in the extreme can lead to one or both
non-munterons being violently ejected from the group by the non-munteron
mediator particle which is known as a "bouncer".

Consider now a similar amorphous disorganised group of munterons.
Thanks to the mediation of the munt force, which is notable carried by
small flat rounded particles generically called "munterases", it is
highly likely that all munterons will be in the same state, known as
Plur. Thanks to this alignment, when munterons and barticles are
exposed to suitable ranges of sound frequencies, synchronised and
co-ordinated motions will be observed, again often including physical
contact, but in this case in a frictionless, synergistic mode rather
than an antagonistic mode. If the contacts become too frequent, the
infringing barticle or munteron will generally modify its modes of
movement, or in severe cases may shift its spatial position slightly so
as to reduce the level of interference to a more suitable level.
Despite the far higher particle densities normmally found in a munteron
group as compared to a non-munteron group, this will normally be
achieved without the need for any outside mediation or any change in
Plur alignment whatsoever.

Though it is still an open question whether barticles are subject to the
munt force as they do not appear to interact with munterases, it is
undeniably observable that they are normally to be found in the Plur
state, and that they frequently interact with munterons, hence they
undoubtedly belong in the same classification as other munterons.

Munterons are normally to be found in small groups of from two to a
dozen particles. They will however naturally aggregate wherever
suitable sources of sound waves are to be found. As noted above,
densities in a munteron group may far exceed anything that can be
sustained by non-munteron groupings. Though they can sometimes be
observed exhibiting sound reactions singly, it is normal that once one
commences, the alignment in Plur states and the action of the munt force
will ensure that the reaction arena (quaintly called the "dance floor",
for reasons that are unlikely to become clear again at the moment)
quickly becomes crowded with well-aligned munterons.

There are two known extreme groupings of munterons. The first,
muntronium, occurs when munterons are so closely packed that there is
room between them only for the most minimal of sound reactions, the
distance between barticle centres being between 0.5 and 1 times the
munteron's normal free action radius. In this case there can still be
free movement, because the Plur alignment guarantees an almost
frictionless environment and, despite the density, each munteron is
within reason still able to choose its own modes and degrees of
movement. The second, known as bartronium, is a still denser packing,
in which case there is no free space at all between munterons, and there
is only room for a co-ordinated motion in the vertical plane. This
state has never yet been observed naturally, and there is some doubt
amongst researchers whether it will occur outside articifial conditions,
as munterons generally prefer to have more than one degree of freedom.

Where munterons and non-munterons mix, the result depends on the
proportions of each particle. If non-munterons are in the
preponderance, then the munterons are likely to leave in search of an
environment more conducive to the Plur state. Interestingly, they are
unlikely to return to the reaction site or "club" in which the
experiment was carried out. Where munterons are more numerous, however,
it is likely that they will prevail. In this case one of two things may
occur. Usually the non-munteron, unable to achive the sort of reaction
which it is seeking, will leave the reaction site (intervention of a
"bouncer" is rarely necessarily in well-run sites). Sometimes, however,
the non-munteron may find that the Plur environment is, to use an
unjustified but hopefully pardonable anthropomorphism, "congenial", and
may itself become sensitive to the munt force and commence interacting
with munterons in its own right. In this case, there is little
alternative but to consider that the non-munteron has now become a
munteron. Unfortunately the reaction rate is slow, otherwise it is
likely that the entire universe would quickly be converted into munterons.

In summary, the study of munterons and barticles is a fascinating and
rapidly expanding area of modern dynamics, and this researcher would
heartily recommend that anyone interested in a career in this area should
seek out a source of suitable munterase as soon as possible in order to
commence their own investigations.

This article would not have been possible without the munterons and
barticles of uk.music.rave, to whom all acknowledgements and massive
respect are due for this researcher's own induction into the field.

N.J. Leverton, BA (Cantab(Pt.I(Failed)))

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
lev...@warren.demon.co.uk (Nick Leverton) wrote:
>bart...@my-dejanews.com writes:
>
> >barticle physics :)
>
> A Layman's Introduction to Barticle Physics
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[sniiiiiiiiiip]

to quote a recent email:

Oh my *gawd* ... ;)

a most informative treatise into munting theory, nick; i think it explains
quite a lot. not sure about all that "hardon" business though! :o

barticle

Nick Leverton

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
In article <6uqinf$vad$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

<bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:

>to quote a recent email:
>
>Oh my *gawd* ... ;)

Hey, dem's *my* words !

>a most informative treatise into munting theory, nick; i think it explains
>quite a lot. not sure about all that "hardon" business though! :o

You prefer being a slepton then, I take it ? :)

N.

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
lev...@warren.demon.co.uk (Nick Leverton) wrote:
><bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
> >
> >to quote a recent email:
> >
> >Oh my *gawd* ... ;)
>
> Hey, dem's *my* words !

sorry, i always forget to credit my references. :)

> >a most informative treatise into munting theory, nick; i think it explains
> >quite a lot. not sure about all that "hardon" business though! :o
>
> You prefer being a slepton then, I take it ? :)

actually i'll stick with being a Barton. that's what it says on my birth
certificate afterall! (just as you're a Leverton)

btw this subatomicesque talk reminds me of the cat who lived at our
university's astronomy library. i can't remember which name they chose in the
end, but they either called it Muon or Lepton. both excellent names for a cat
i think. :)

plursome regards,

high energy barticle

Martyn Amos

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
In article <6ut063$vae$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

<bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>lev...@warren.demon.co.uk (Nick Leverton) wrote:
>><bart...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >to quote a recent email:
>> >
>> >Oh my *gawd* ... ;)
>>
>> Hey, dem's *my* words !
>
>sorry, i always forget to credit my references. :)
>
>> >a most informative treatise into munting theory, nick; i think it explains
>> >quite a lot. not sure about all that "hardon" business though! :o
>>
>> You prefer being a slepton then, I take it ? :)
>
>actually i'll stick with being a Barton. that's what it says on my birth
>certificate afterall! (just as you're a Leverton)
>
>btw this subatomicesque talk reminds me of the cat who lived at our
>university's astronomy library. i can't remember which name they chose in the
>end, but they either called it Muon or Lepton. both excellent names for a cat
>i think. :)

I want to get two cats called Watson and Crick, but Katie vetoed it
on the grounds that it's "fucking sad".

Martyn
--
Dr Martyn Amos - mar...@csc.liv.ac.uk - Liverpool Biocomputation Group,
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~martyn/ ---- Department of Computer Science,

4:D)

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

The inimitable bart...@my-dejanews.com claimed

>actually i'll stick with being a Barton. that's what it says on my
birth
>certificate afterall! (just as you're a Leverton)

Hmmmmmm..................................................S.I.G
Captain Bartlet..................................
............................and the Munterons.
....................eoweow eoweoeow eoweowoeow!!

4:D)

bart...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
the invincible "4:D)" <fou...@virgin.net> spake thusly:

> The inimitable bart...@my-dejanews.com claimed
>
> >actually i'll stick with being a Barton. that's what it says on my
> birth
> >certificate afterall! (just as you're a Leverton)
>
> Hmmmmmm..................................................S.I.G

or more correctly S.I.R.O.Y.G.B.I.V. :)

> Captain Bartlet..................................
> ............................and the Munterons.
> ....................eoweow eoweoeow eoweowoeow!!

ah, if only i was in a rock band 20 years ago. that woulda been one heck of a
groovy name (man).

as it is i'm a child of the technological revolution and the name i would use
for myself and any other associates has been preordained - the Accelerator[1]
Sound System.

which makes me, of course, if you'll excuse another physical pun,

barticle accelerator :)

[1]with much respect to FSoL and Nuclear Hyde.

--
-----== barticle at hotmail.com ==-----

Nick Leverton

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
In article <6utm9o$3g3$1...@martyn.staff.csc.liv.ac.uk>

mar...@martyn.staff.csc.liv.ac.uk (Martyn Amos) writes:

>I want to get two cats called Watson and Crick, but Katie vetoed it
>on the grounds that it's "fucking sad".

My grandparents had Brandy, who was washed down by two called Gin and
Tonic, who were in turn topped up with Whisky and Bitters.

N.
--
http://www.sorted.org/~leveret/ The rhythm! The rhythm!