chemical wordplay

David Dalton

Jan 8, 2023, 5:00:25 AM1/8/23
I just heard the song Sonny's Dream by Ron Hynes, the version
that has the lines

"And the mailman is old
Oh.. but he still has his dreams, full of silver and gold"

silver and gold --> Ag Au --> Hag O

Though it isn't currently crone moon. :-)

Then there is my old one:

Ron Hynes' Hon Rhymes.

(His hon is Con/nie.)

"And now the angry morning; Gives the early signs of warning; You must face
alone the plans you make; Decisions they will try to break" (S. McLachlan)

David Dalton

Jan 8, 2023, 5:19:11 AM1/8/23
In article <dalton-B68984....@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:

> I just heard the song Sonny's Dream by Ron Hynes, the version
> that has the lines
>
> "And the mailman is old
> Oh.. but he still has his dreams, full of silver and gold"
>
> silver and gold --> Ag Au --> Hag O
>
> Though it isn't currently crone moon. :-)
>
> Then there is my old one:
>
> Ron Hynes' Hon Rhymes.
>
> (His hon is Con/nie.)

and they wrote some good songs together