Ewan MacColl on Sky Arts TV (UK) December 2021

1 view

Dave Royal

Nov 29, 2021, 2:18:19 PM11/29/21
This was first shown last week but is repeated on Weds 1st Dec at 12:45am
- and probably many times thereafter in the middle of the night.

<https://www.unity-house.co/set-the-night>

Sky Arts is on FreeView and FreeSat in the UK. This is the best schedule
website I've found though it only covers a couple of days; search the page
for 'on fire':
<https://www.tvguide.co.uk/mobile/channellisting.asp?ch=384>

It's better than I thought it would be. It eschewed famous covers and most
of the contributors has something interesting to say. And Peggy, bless her,
didn't dominate.

About half the programme was about the early days in Salford, and then
with Theatre Workshop. Remarkable how little survives: only one photo of
MacColl in costume as an actor. Maybe there are reviews in local newspaper
articles but if so they didn't read any.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Nick Odell

Nov 30, 2021, 4:59:43 PM11/30/21
Meanwhile over on BBC Radio there is Peggy Seeger nominating Ewan
McColl in "Great Lives."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zdqv

And in "Private Passions" she talks about her composer mother and her
love of music.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zddr

Both the above programmes can be listened to on line or downloaded as
podcasts

"The Real McColl" has John Cooper-Clarke looking back on Ewan McColl's
life.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ykk4y listen on line only.

Nick