A song about Hattersley

TREVOR TAVERNOR

May 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/16/00
Hi Can anyone help me There is a song about Hattersley(a large council
estate on the outskirts of Manchester) The lyrics are "Hattersley oh
Hattersley you're spirits wild and free, your heart is made of concrete. but
you mean the world to me.This song is not Mike Hardings "Hattersley Lament".
I have a feeling it may be by Mike Colman &/or Brian Burke who were
responsible for matchstalkmen & matchstalk cats and dogs. I would be
gratful for any info .

TKT

Stuart Cook

May 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/16/00
No it wasn't by Brian & Michael, though I think they did do it. They
originated in a group who carried on the Hyde United Folk Club after the
Pennine Folk Group folded. Hattersley was one of their songs. Ken Campbell
the group leader wrote many brilliant songs.

It's on their "Both Sides of the Pennines" LP, recorded at the Manchester
Sports Guild - who remembers Jenks and Big John the Bouncer?

If I can drag the Vinyl out and given the time I'll write out the words.

The song was in the repertoire of the Houghton Weavers not that long ago, as
well

keywor...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 6:21:14 PM4/29/19
Hi, just seen this post from many moons ago. The Three Crows sang it regularly especially in their heyday at the Junction Inn Mottram. The words I knew are slightly different "your heart is made of concrete but you're paradise to me". The website "Bandcamp" have a contact us facility ??might be able to help ☺

Martin Cooke

Jun 15, 2021, 8:46:23 AMJun 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvDHWgDX6c&ab_channel=arizonagcs