Beer

Evpuneq Erivf

Mar 11, 2004, 3:06:35 PM3/11/04
20% off at Sainsburies, so I stocked up. Still overpriced, but there's not
a lot of alternatives around here.

What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
on today?

--
Press all the buttons you can find. What's the worst that can happen?
20:05:25 up 57 days, 7:46, 4 users, load average: 0.22, 0.16, 0.07

dave...@ukmisc.org.uk

Mar 11, 2004, 3:29:02 PM3/11/04
Evpuneq Erivf wibbled:

> 20% off at Sainsburies, so I stocked up. Still overpriced, but there's not
> a lot of alternatives around here.
>
> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> on today?

Autosport, Tixylix, SnuffleBabe
--
wanna 57

MissJuggs

Mar 11, 2004, 3:38:19 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:18:14 +0000, JAF <jafni...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>and a cup of coffee
>that must have been filtered through an angel's feather

It's lovely when you find coffee like that. I think it's best done
with water just off the boil (a few degrees down from 100) and not
left to stand - the bitter 'cooked' taste comes from coffee that has,
well, cooked ie been exposed to too much heat.

And then you have to add fresh pouring cream. Just enough.

Glenys

--
everything's either gothbollocks or cutebollocks.

MissJuggs

Mar 11, 2004, 3:39:16 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:35 +0000, Evpuneq Erivf
<SPAMne...@bottest.com> wrote:

>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>on today?

Some wine and some duck pate. I am celebrating. No, I'm not going to
go into it here.

dave...@ukmisc.org.uk

Mar 11, 2004, 3:43:45 PM3/11/04
MissJuggs wibbled:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:18:14 +0000, JAF <jafni...@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
> >and a cup of coffee
> >that must have been filtered through an angel's feather
>
> It's lovely when you find coffee like that. I think it's best done
> with water just off the boil (a few degrees down from 100) and not
> left to stand - the bitter 'cooked' taste comes from coffee that has,
> well, cooked ie been exposed to too much heat.

I generally _want_ a touch of bitter bite in my coffee

--
wanna 57

Andrew Cox

Mar 11, 2004, 3:44:45 PM3/11/04
says...
> Evpuneq Erivf wibbled:
<snip>

> > What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> > on today?
> >

> Autosport, Tixylix, SnuffleBabe

You bought three new cats?

--
A book, a gourd, and a bunch of twigs.

MissJuggs

Mar 11, 2004, 3:54:04 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:45 -0000, N.L...@WKX.KM.EU
<dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:

>I generally _want_ a touch of bitter bite in my coffee

Yebbut, don't you want the clear bitter bite, that is reminiscent of
Wagner, rather than the cludgey bitter bite that is AC/DC?

bof

Mar 11, 2004, 4:18:54 PM3/11/04
In message <pan.2004.03.11....@bottest.com>, Evpuneq Erivf
<SPAMne...@bottest.com> writes

>20% off at Sainsburies, so I stocked up. Still overpriced, but there's not
>a lot of alternatives around here.
>
>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>on today?

Beer, Speckled Hen 20% or so off at Sainsers . . . ahh YMAY?

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

Big Tone

Mar 11, 2004, 4:22:22 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:45 -0000, N.L...@WKX.KM.EU
<dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:

You want the stuff in my machine around 4 o'clock, I make it about
8:00am.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Big Tone

Mar 11, 2004, 4:24:08 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:39:16 +0000, MissJuggs
<myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:35 +0000, Evpuneq Erivf
><SPAMne...@bottest.com> wrote:
>
>>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>>on today?
>
>Some wine and some duck pate. I am celebrating. No, I'm not going to
>go into it here.

You have to now. I you wish things to remain private, don't mention
them in here.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Elevators smell different to midgets

bof

Mar 11, 2004, 4:28:00 PM3/11/04
In message <91m150tl74f4ljehc...@4ax.com>, Big Tone
<davis...@ntlworld.com> writes

>You want the stuff in my machine around 4 o'clock, I make it about
>8:00am.

Urrrrg, coffee needs to be fresh, boiled/stood/stewed coffee is the work
of the devil. I've tried various coffee brewing methods and
cafitiere/filter seem to surpass the rest, well, and of course the
espresso machine in bars in Italy.

LNR

Mar 11, 2004, 4:32:43 PM3/11/04
Evpuneq Erivf wrote:

>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>on today?

Not telling. Yesterday it was beer and tequila and the quiz machine,
the day before it was books and nice food.

--
l...@lspace.org http://lnr.livejournal.com/

Big Tone

Mar 11, 2004, 4:39:24 PM3/11/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:28:00 +0000, bof <nothi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I wasn't intending to drink it, just offering it to Dave.
I've poured it down the sink now, suppose Thames Water might get upset
about noxious liquids in the drains.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.

August West

Mar 11, 2004, 4:42:50 PM3/11/04
bof wrote:

Er, beer. At Tesco. Tanglefoot, and some kind of Mild.
And a few nice looking pastries.

--
418 I'm a teapot

August West

Mar 11, 2004, 4:44:20 PM3/11/04
LNR wrote:

> Evpuneq Erivf wrote:
>>
>>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>>on today?
>
> Not telling.

G'wan!

(Nice too see you back round these parts, by the way.)

Peter Hucker

Mar 11, 2004, 4:58:24 PM3/11/04
LNR <l...@lspace.org> wrote:

> Evpuneq Erivf wrote:
>>
>> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>> on today?
>
> Not telling. Yesterday it was beer and tequila and the quiz machine,
> the day before it was books and nice food.

A prostitute?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots

A penny saved is ridiculous.

ah

Mar 11, 2004, 5:32:54 PM3/11/04
Evpuneq Erivf wrote:

> 20% off at Sainsburies, so I stocked up. Still overpriced, but there's not
> a lot of alternatives around here.
>
> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> on today?

Sod-staples.
--
ah

Andrew Norman

Mar 11, 2004, 6:59:20 PM3/11/04
In article <lij1505hofdn9btt1...@4ax.com>,
myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid says...

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:35 +0000, Evpuneq Erivf
> <SPAMne...@bottest.com> wrote:
>
> >What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> >on today?
>
> Some wine and some duck pate.

Is the head of a duck particularly tasty?

I haven't actually bought anything in the sense of paying real money for
it, apart from lunch and one of those "what the hell is he going to do
with that?" shopping baskets (bottle of whiskey, bunch of coriander,
frozen peas). I had several Amazon packets arrive today (one may or may
not be with neighbours, I am going to get very cross with the PO
supervisor tomorrow morning).

Brad Mehldau - Introducing Brad Mehldau
Brad Mehldau Trio - Anything Goes
Miles Davis - Birdland 1951
Debussy - Complete Piano Music (Werner Haas with Noel Lee on the duos)
Charles MacKay - Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of
Crowds

--
Andrew Norman, Leicester, England
www.ajnorman.org

Richard Tobin

Mar 11, 2004, 7:02:37 PM3/11/04
In article <MPG.1abb0db0d...@news.individual.de>,
Andrew Norman <spam....@ajnorman.org> wrote:

>Is the head of a duck particularly tasty?

Not if this is anything to go by:

http://www.poultryyouth.com/poultry-articles/waterfowl/crusty-duck-heads.php

-- Richard

Keith Willoughby

Mar 11, 2004, 7:41:53 PM3/11/04
<Evpuneq Erivf> wrote:
> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> on today?

Beer, and a copy of Cycling Plus.

I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry blues

August West

Mar 11, 2004, 8:12:09 PM3/11/04
JAF wrote:

> I(could have)RTA 'Beer and Re-cycled piss' but I suspect there'd be a
> tautology in there somewhere.

Oddly, just before I read this, I also read[0]:

"Ecstasy is rapidly broken down by the liver but about 60% enters the urine
unchanged. The urine could be drunk to recycle it, in the same way that
Siberian tribesmen drink each other's urine after eating magic mushrooms.
This is known in most circles as 'desperate'.

0] http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/ecstasy/effects.htm

John of Aix

Mar 11, 2004, 4:07:19 PM3/11/04

MissJuggs a écrit dans le message ...

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:18:14 +0000, JAF <jafni...@ntlworld.com>
>wrote:
>
>>and a cup of coffee
>>that must have been filtered through an angel's feather
>
>It's lovely when you find coffee like that. I think it's best done
>with water just off the boil (a few degrees down from 100) and not
>left to stand - the bitter 'cooked' taste comes from coffee that has,
>well, cooked ie been exposed to too much heat.

The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is fucked
coffee.

The linguists among you might know that the past participle of 'boullir' is
'boulli' but of course that doesn't rhyme so the Académie Française can go
screw itself.

John of Aix

Mar 12, 2004, 2:18:03 AM3/12/04

Big Tone a écrit dans le message ...

>I wasn't intending to drink it, just offering it to Dave.
>I've poured it down the sink now, suppose Thames Water might get upset
>about noxious liquids in the drains.

I don't see why they never seem to get upset about noxious liquid in the
water pipes.

John of Aix

Mar 12, 2004, 2:34:54 AM3/12/04

bof a écrit dans le message ...

>In message <91m150tl74f4ljehc...@4ax.com>, Big Tone
><davis...@ntlworld.com> writes
>>You want the stuff in my machine around 4 o'clock, I make it about
>>8:00am.
>
>Urrrrg, coffee needs to be fresh, boiled/stood/stewed coffee is the work
>of the devil. I've tried various coffee brewing methods and
>cafitiere/filter seem to surpass the rest

You reckon. I always find the stuff is pretty tepid (for my taste) by the
time it gets through and it's pretty heavy on coffee. I think that the best
method is one of those coffee pots where you put the water in the bottom,
coffee in the middle and the pressure that builds up when you heat it on the
gas sends the coffee to the top. It's pretty similar to the expresso
principle in fact. Otherwise the plunger method is not bad

Linz

Mar 12, 2004, 3:54:40 AM3/12/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:44:45 -0000, Andrew Cox
<water...@spamcop.net.invalidd> wrote:

> says...
>> Evpuneq Erivf wibbled:
><snip>
>
>> > What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>> > on today?
>> >

>> Autosport, Tixylix, SnuffleBabe
>
>You bought three new cats?

In the hope that at least one will be healthy.

Big Tone

Mar 12, 2004, 4:08:38 AM3/12/04

I am in the fortunate position of having a different waterco for the
supply of said substance, TW merely take it away.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Everybody should believe in something: I believe I'll have another drink.

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 4:33:38 AM3/12/04
Linz wrote:

Healthist!

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 4:57:09 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:12:09 +0000, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> did say:

> 0] http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/ecstasy/effects.htm

You doing the preliminary research for Glastonbury?

--
strobe lights and blown speakers

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 4:55:42 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:35 +0000, Evpuneq Erivf
<SPAMne...@bottest.com> did say:

> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> on today?

Not today, but over the last few days I have spent my money on:

hand-made fudge, 6 different flavours thereof[1]
some exceedingly reasonably priced CDs[2]
lots of daft books[3]

[1] Buy four, get one free; plus students get an extra one free. I pointed
out that I was staff not student but the fudge man said that counted.
Niceman.

[2] - Jamie O'Neal, "Shiver", 5.99 from Amazon second-hand
- Best of Emmylou Harris, 2 CD set for a fiver
- Cannonball Adderley, "Somethin' Else", also a fiver

[3] Three more silly teen fantasy books by Tamora Pierce; a Chalet School
book that I *hadn't already read* ("Summer Term", reprinted by GGBP); and
"Chalet Girls Grow Up" by Merryn Williams, which is *dreadful* but I'm
sort of glad I read it for completism's sake.

--
so secure amongst the books and all the records of your lifetime

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 5:04:56 AM3/12/04
Janet McKnight wrote:

> And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:12:09 +0000, August West
> <aug...@kororaa.com> did say:
>
>> 0] http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/ecstasy/effects.htm
>
> You doing the preliminary research for Glastonbury?

Just a little random web browsing, that's all...

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 5:07:06 AM3/12/04
Janet McKnight wrote:

> - Cannonball Adderley, "Somethin' Else", also a fiver

Good buy - probably one of my favorite LPs (I've got 2 LP copise, and one
CD). Especially the version of "Autumn Leaves" - one of Miles's best, that.
And the sheer /swing/ of "Love For Sale" is awsome.

Sam Nelson

Mar 12, 2004, 5:12:25 AM3/12/04
In article <c2s29t$20tm7b$1...@ID-31556.news.uni-berlin.de>,

Bloody private sector---always surfing when they should be working.
--
SAm.

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 5:09:38 AM3/12/04
Sam Nelson wrote:

What, at 01:12, after a 12 hour day?
Yeah, slackers, the lot of them.

Willy Eckerslyke

Mar 12, 2004, 6:01:36 AM3/12/04
John of Aix wrote:

> The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is fucked
> coffee.

And there was me thinking that In-Grid was but a sweet innocent.
(She sung an irritatingly catchy song called "Tu es foutu" last
year. Damned good vidjo too.)

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 6:10:34 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:09:38 +0000, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> did say:

> Sam Nelson wrote:

> > In article <c2s29t$20tm7b$1...@ID-31556.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:
> >
> >> Just a little random web browsing, that's all...
> >
> > Bloody private sector---always surfing when they should be working.
>
> What, at 01:12, after a 12 hour day?

Is that counting the "team bonding" of going to the cinema with your
cow-orkers, or are you really starting work at 8am?

--
where you were so beautiful oh now you're just confused

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 6:09:09 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:07:06 +0000, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> did say:

> Janet McKnight wrote:

> > - Cannonball Adderley, "Somethin' Else", also a fiver
>
> Good buy - probably one of my favorite LPs (I've got 2 LP copise, and one
> CD).

Bah! If I'd known, I'd've tried to cadge your spare LP ...

> Especially the version of "Autumn Leaves" - one of Miles's best, that.

That's pretty much why I bought it.

> And the sheer /swing/ of "Love For Sale" is awsome.

And as we all know, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

--
what do we do when the booze runs out?

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 6:12:31 AM3/12/04
Janet McKnight wrote:

> And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:09:38 +0000, August West
> <aug...@kororaa.com> did say:
>

>> What, at 01:12, after a 12 hour day?
>
> Is that counting the "team bonding" of going to the cinema with your
> cow-orkers, or are you really starting work at 8am?

Roughly.

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 6:55:27 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:12:31 +0000, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> did say:

> Janet McKnight wrote:
>
> > And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:09:38 +0000, August West
> > <aug...@kororaa.com> did say:
> >
> >> What, at 01:12, after a 12 hour day?
> >
> > Is that counting the "team bonding" of going to the cinema with your
> > cow-orkers, or are you really starting work at 8am?
>
> Roughly.

Scary.

Mind you, you could just sleep at work as well, and then you wouldn't have
to waste money on renting a flat.

--
you think you are just killing time when all the while time is killing you

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 7:11:10 AM3/12/04
Janet McKnight wrote:

> Mind you, you could just sleep at work as well, and then you wouldn't have
> to waste money on renting a flat.

But I need somewhere to keep my books.

Al.Kaseltzer

Mar 12, 2004, 8:02:39 AM3/12/04
MissJuggs wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:45 -0000, N.L...@WKX.KM.EU
> <dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I generally _want_ a touch of bitter bite in my coffee
>
> Yebbut, don't you want the clear bitter bite, that is reminiscent of
> Wagner, rather than the cludgey bitter bite that is AC/DC?

Depends whether it's "get me moving though this hangover", "I need to wake
up to go to work" or "I'd quite like a coffee after that excellent meal"

Al.Kaseltzer

Mar 12, 2004, 8:03:04 AM3/12/04
Big Tone wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:45 -0000, N.L...@WKX.KM.EU
> <dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I generally _want_ a touch of bitter bite in my coffee
>
> You want the stuff in my machine around 4 o'clock, I make it about
> 8:00am.

email it over, then.

Al.Kaseltzer

Mar 12, 2004, 8:04:55 AM3/12/04

Ah, the return of the poker god.
how's it going, Willy?

Huge

Mar 12, 2004, 8:10:27 AM3/12/04
August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:
>Janet McKnight wrote:
>
>> Mind you, you could just sleep at work as well, and then you wouldn't have
>> to waste money on renting a flat.
>
>But I need somewhere to keep my books.

Lend the all to people.

Better keep track of where they are, though.

--
I hurt myself today, To see if I still feel
[email me at huge [at] huge (dot) org {dot} uk]

Flying Hero Sandwich

Mar 12, 2004, 8:53:54 AM3/12/04
<SPAMne...@bottest.com> wrote this:

>What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>on today?

Nothing.

August West

Mar 12, 2004, 8:47:38 AM3/12/04
Huge wrote:

> August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:
>>Janet McKnight wrote:
>>
>>> Mind you, you could just sleep at work as well, and then you wouldn't
>>> have to waste money on renting a flat.
>>
>>But I need somewhere to keep my books.
>
> Lend the all to people.

Nobody wants to borrow them.

> Better keep track of where they are, though.

Mmm, Perl DBD... no, maybe not.

Flying Hero Sandwich

Mar 12, 2004, 8:55:47 AM3/12/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:54:04 +0000, MissJuggs
<myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid> wrote this:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:45 -0000, N.L...@WKX.KM.EU
><dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>I generally _want_ a touch of bitter bite in my coffee
>

>Yebbut, don't you want the clear bitter bite, that is reminiscent of
>Wagner, rather than the cludgey bitter bite that is AC/DC?

T'other way about, Shirley?

B.

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 8:51:35 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:11:10 +0000, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> did say:

> Janet McKnight wrote:

> > Mind you, you could just sleep at work as well, and then you wouldn't have
> > to waste money on renting a flat.
>
> But I need somewhere to keep my books.

Troo. But you'd only need one room rather than a whole house.

Talking of books, I still have some of yours.

--
would you love me more if I was pretty?

Janet McKnight

Mar 12, 2004, 9:15:53 AM3/12/04
And lo, on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:07:19 +0100, John of Aix
<j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> did say:

> The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is fucked
> coffee.

The English equivalent I've heard is "A coffee boiled is a coffee
spoiled". Disappointingly polite by comparison.

--
In the mountains, there you feel free

Peter Hucker

Mar 12, 2004, 9:36:12 AM3/12/04
Steve Firth <usen...@malloc.co.uk> wrote:

> Andrew Norman <spam....@ajnorman.org> wrote:
>
>> Is the head of a duck particularly tasty?
>
> Dunno, but the duck's foot I had in M/cr was extremely tasty.

.--.
|/`-\
__ _( '\'
_.-' | __(,
.' _.-' \/ %;
/\.' / ;%,
\/ '.__.-' '#;
| / ;%,
\ || '`
\ ||
| ))
| ||
|__||_
| '.__)
'._)

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

Seven dwarfs sat in the tub, feeling Happy.
Then Happy got out, so they all felt Grumpy.

Peter Hucker

Mar 12, 2004, 9:38:05 AM3/12/04
Big Tone <davis...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:18:03 +0100, "John of Aix"
> <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>

>> Big Tone a écrit dans le message ...
>>
>>> I wasn't intending to drink it, just offering it to Dave.
>>> I've poured it down the sink now, suppose Thames Water might get upset
>>> about noxious liquids in the drains.
>>
>> I don't see why they never seem to get upset about noxious liquid in the
>> water pipes.
>>
> I am in the fortunate position of having a different waterco for the
> supply of said substance, TW merely take it away.

Why do people live down there in that overcrowded mess, and then pay MORE for the
houses!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

What's the difference between PMS and Mad Cow Disease?
The number of tits.

Linz

Mar 12, 2004, 9:40:49 AM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:33:38 +0000, August West <aug...@kororaa.com>
wrote:

It's the vets' bills, see.

Willy Eckerslyke

Mar 12, 2004, 10:59:18 AM3/12/04
"Al.Kaseltzer" wrote:

> Ah, the return of the poker god.

Hah!

> how's it going, Willy?

95 thousand, thanks. That places me something like 144th.
Things are getting seriously scary - I won 30 grand yesterday
on a pretty modest pot, but the blinds are now big enough to
swallow 20 grand a week. Leader on our table has 192150.

Big Tone

Mar 12, 2004, 12:48:16 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:03:04 -0000, "Al.Kaseltzer" <N.L...@WKX.KM.EU>
wrote:

Sorry all gone today, because of inclement weather[1] I stayed indoors
this am, so all the coffee was consumed by about 9:30.

[1] Snow in Berks, rest of country cut off!

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Destroy the Borg? Upload Windows 95 !

MissJuggs

Mar 12, 2004, 2:43:25 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:55:47 +0000, Flying Hero Sandwich
<blac...@incandessa.SPAMYENOT.org.ORELSE.uk> wrote:

>>Yebbut, don't you want the clear bitter bite, that is reminiscent of
>>Wagner, rather than the cludgey bitter bite that is AC/DC?
>
>T'other way about, Shirley?

_Don't_ call me Shirley.

Glenys

--
everything's either gothbollocks or cutebollocks.

MissJuggs

Mar 12, 2004, 2:46:36 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:24:26 +0000, MI5.V...@five.orgNOSPAM.uk
wrote:

>Why don't they have honey beer now, did the bees all give up for
>winter?

I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
to meet another fan.

Huge

Mar 12, 2004, 4:07:07 PM3/12/04
MissJuggs <myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid> writes:
>On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:24:26 +0000, MI5.V...@five.orgNOSPAM.uk
>wrote:
>
>>Why don't they have honey beer now, did the bees all give up for
>>winter?
>
>I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
>to meet another fan.

Bizarrely, I hate honey, but love Waggledance.

I was drinking it the day I met Mike.

Mike_H

Mar 12, 2004, 4:21:50 PM3/12/04
"Huge" wrote:

> >I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
> >to meet another fan.
>
> Bizarrely, I hate honey, but love Waggledance.

An excellent brew.

They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:

Famous drug-addled and/or alcoholic celebrities (tautology?) endorse the ten
bottles of beer - nay, make that kegs - that they would want washed up with
them. George Best springs to mind. I've still got him on a treble at
Ladbrokes with Paul McCartney and Oliver Reed before Ozzy(bless 'im). Apart
from the recent scare, the bet still looks good. I was a tosser to go for
Paul instead of Linda, though.

I wonder what odds I could get on Paul Daniels living longer than Tom Jones?

> I was drinking it the day I met Mike.

Happy daze.

MissJuggs

Mar 12, 2004, 4:39:39 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:21:50 GMT, "Mike_H"
<inv...@invalid.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>> Bizarrely, I hate honey, but love Waggledance.
>
>An excellent brew.
>
>They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:

Waggledance, Abbot's Greene King and Young's Chocolate Stout. I know
that there has been a recent thread regarding the chocolatiness of the
latter, but I like it.

dave...@ukmisc.org.uk

Mar 12, 2004, 4:45:33 PM3/12/04
Mike_H wibbled:

> They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:

A recent meme on LJ goes like this: Go to Google Images, and type in
your name. The idea there is to use the first pic that comes up as an
icon for posts thereto.
However, the 3rd and 4th pics I got were reminders of a webpage I wrote
loooooooooooooooooooooooong ago, listing a picturing a few favourite
brews. And some that just happened to be around.

http://people.man.ac.uk/~zlsiida/gifs/tadcastr.jpg

http://people.man.ac.uk/~zlsiida/TopTens/beer2.jpg
--
where's 59?

Mike_H

Mar 12, 2004, 4:39:40 PM3/12/04
"MissJuggs" wrote:

> >They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:
>
> Waggledance, Abbot's Greene King and Young's Chocolate Stout.

If you bend your head around a good bottle of wine hard enough, that scans
to the tune 'My Favourite Things'

I'd want a keg of Bank's Mild.

And one of Speckled Hen.

And ten more.

Mike_H

Mar 12, 2004, 4:43:25 PM3/12/04
"N.L...@WKX.KM.EU" <dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> posted evidence of his claim to
be a Genie:

> http://people.man.ac.uk/~zlsiida/TopTens/beer2.jpg

He came out of the bottle on the far left.

Linz has a kid, a damn good bloke and one wish left.

(Arj Xvgpura be Ovt Pbpx?)

Evpuneq Erivf

Mar 12, 2004, 6:16:15 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:46:36 +0000, MissJuggs wrote:

> I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
> to meet another fan.

They have an organic honey one that tastes more of honey than Waggledance
that is rather nice. Bloody ridiculous price though.

The Elderflower beer (Eylsium?) is rather good too.

--
Press all the buttons you can find. What's the worst that can happen?
Transfered 123.88 mb today, 1.933 gb this week and 2.825 gb this month.

Marcus Houlden

Mar 12, 2004, 6:16:49 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:45:33 -0000, N.LENN @ WKX.KM.EU <dave...@ukmisc.org.uk>
wrote the following to uk.misc:

> Mike_H wibbled:
>>
>> They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:
>
> A recent meme on LJ goes like this: Go to Google Images, and type in
> your name.

I'm saying nothing.

http://www2.crl.go.jp/ka/radioastro/gif/marcus.gif

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid.

Evpuneq Erivf

Mar 12, 2004, 6:17:23 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:39:40 +0000, Mike_H wrote:

> I'd want a keg of Bank's Mild.

I'd rather happen to have the Peterborough Beer Festival on my island.

300 odd beers should stop one from getting too bored.

--
Press all the buttons you can find. What's the worst that can happen?

Marcus Houlden

Mar 12, 2004, 8:00:15 PM3/12/04
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:59:20 -0000, Andrew Norman <spam....@ajnorman.org>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> I haven't actually bought anything in the sense of paying real money for
> it, apart from lunch and one of those "what the hell is he going to do
> with that?" shopping baskets (bottle of whiskey, bunch of coriander,
> frozen peas).

On Wednesday my shopping basket had a bottle of milk and a shoe shine
sponge...

Marcus Houlden

Mar 12, 2004, 9:00:38 PM3/12/04
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:08:38 +0000, Big Tone <davis...@ntlworld.com>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:18:03 +0100, "John of Aix"

><j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>

>>Big Tone a écrit dans le message ...
>>
>>>I wasn't intending to drink it, just offering it to Dave.
>>>I've poured it down the sink now, suppose Thames Water might get upset
>>>about noxious liquids in the drains.
>>
>>I don't see why they never seem to get upset about noxious liquid in the
>>water pipes.
>>
> I am in the fortunate position of having a different waterco for the
> supply of said substance, TW merely take it away.

You're not stuck wqith 3 Valleys are you?
http://www.whtimes.co.uk/archived/2002/wk33_2002/news/asp/water.asp

John of Aix

Mar 13, 2004, 3:07:00 AM3/13/04

Janet McKnight a écrit dans le message ...

>And lo, on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:07:19 +0100, John of Aix
><j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> did say:
>
>> The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is
fucked
>> coffee.
>
>The English equivalent I've heard is "A coffee boiled is a coffee
>spoiled". Disappointingly polite by comparison.

Yes but just as expressive, better perhaps as the French had to cheat with
'boiullu' to make the rhyme.

Big Tone

Mar 13, 2004, 5:54:41 AM3/13/04
On 13 Mar 2004 02:00:38 GMT, Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk>
wrote:

>> I am in the fortunate position of having a different waterco for the
>> supply of said substance, TW merely take it away.
>
>You're not stuck wqith 3 Valleys are you?
>http://www.whtimes.co.uk/archived/2002/wk33_2002/news/asp/water.asp

Good grief no, South East Water, owned by some frog outfit I think.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Black holes suck!

bof

Mar 13, 2004, 6:29:30 AM3/13/04
In message <4qq5505nslmedlkd6...@4ax.com>, Big Tone
<davis...@ntlworld.com> writes
>>This is all a bit Dave Gorman-ish for comfort, though, innit?
>Being a man of mystery all I get is an image of some text
>
> www.simplybirdsandmoths.co.uk/page5.html

And here's my photo . . .

<Http://www.bigredhair.com/portfolio/paint/bof.detail.jpg>

an uncanny likeness, if a little effeminate

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

Peter Hucker

Mar 13, 2004, 8:28:50 AM3/13/04
Willy Eckerslyke <oss108n...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:

> John of Aix wrote:
>
>> The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is fucked
>> coffee.
>

> And there was me thinking that In-Grid was but a sweet innocent.
> (She sung an irritatingly catchy song called "Tu es foutu" last
> year. Damned good vidjo too.)

Fouto, must remember that word for my next French holiday!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out." -- Rodney
Dangerfield.

Peter Hucker

Mar 13, 2004, 8:39:53 AM3/13/04
<MI5.V...@five.orgNOSPAM.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:35 +0000, Evpuneq Erivf
> <SPAMne...@bottest.com> wrote:
>
>> 20% off at Sainsburies, so I stocked up. Still overpriced, but there's not
>> a lot of alternatives around here.
>>
>> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
>> on today?
>
> Strangely enough, also beer at Sainsbury's, but there was no reduction
> as far as I could see.

> Why don't they have honey beer now, did the bees all give up for
> winter?

Whassup? No MI5 today? You have spare time to reply to messages?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

McMurphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with
vegetable soup.

Peter Hucker

Mar 13, 2004, 8:40:18 AM3/13/04
Mike_H <inv...@invalid.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> "Huge" wrote:
>
>> >I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
>> >to meet another fan.
>>
>> Bizarrely, I hate honey, but love Waggledance.
>
> An excellent brew.
>
> They should have 'Desert Island Brews' on Radio 4:

Oh god, this group is full of linux users and radio 4 listeners!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

H lp! S m b d st l ll th v w ls fr m m k yb rd!

Peter Hucker

Mar 13, 2004, 9:04:11 AM3/13/04
MissJuggs <myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:55:47 +0000, Flying Hero Sandwich
> <blac...@incandessa.SPAMYENOT.org.ORELSE.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Yebbut, don't you want the clear bitter bite, that is reminiscent of
>>> Wagner, rather than the cludgey bitter bite that is AC/DC?
>>
>> T'other way about, Shirley?
>
> _Don't_ call me Shirley.

Bigtits?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing
up, etc

Q: Why can't you have a circumcised Morris dancer? A: Because you have to be a
complete prick to be a Morris dancer.

Linz

Mar 13, 2004, 9:58:57 AM3/13/04

I could make dinner out of both.

Linz

Mar 13, 2004, 10:01:24 AM3/13/04
On 13 Mar 2004 00:47:33 +0000, Patrick Hardlentil
<pat...@dogslobber.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Quoth Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk>:

>> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:45:33 -0000, N.LENN @ WKX.KM.EU
>> <dave...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote the following to uk.misc:
>>

>> > A recent meme on LJ goes like this: Go to Google Images, and type in
>> > your name.
>>
>> I'm saying nothing.
>>
>> http://www2.crl.go.jp/ka/radioastro/gif/marcus.gif
>

>I got this: http://www.onyxart.com/patrick_small1.jpg . From a
>distance, it looks like a woman, but in fact it turns out to be a
>doll.

>This is all a bit Dave Gorman-ish for comfort, though, innit?

Unexpectedly, I get this:
http://www.wordwithyou.com/columns/4_12_00.gif

Linz

Mar 13, 2004, 10:03:39 AM3/13/04
On 13 Mar 2004 14:23:35 GMT, hu...@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

>usen...@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) writes:
>>Huge <hu...@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Not really, on the grounds it wasn't a date.
>>
>>It sounded like one.
>
>Since there were half-a-dozen miscreants present, it doesn't count
>as a date. And you have a dirty mind.

You say that like you're surprised.

Janet McKnight

Mar 13, 2004, 10:40:40 AM3/13/04
And lo, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:46:36 +0000, MissJuggs
<myn...@relevantdomain.co.uk.invalid> did say:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:24:26 +0000, MI5.V...@five.orgNOSPAM.uk
> wrote:
>
> >Why don't they have honey beer now, did the bees all give up for
> >winter?
>
> I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
> to meet another fan.

Have you tried Fuller's(?) organic honey beer? It's much, much nicer than
Waggledance. Honeyer. Mmmm.

I could be wrong about the Fuller's bit. Anybody?

--
every finger in the room is pointing at me

Marcus Houlden

Mar 13, 2004, 11:04:58 AM3/13/04
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:01:24 +0000, Linz <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> On 13 Mar 2004 00:47:33 +0000, Patrick Hardlentil
><pat...@dogslobber.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Quoth Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk>:

>>> I'm saying nothing.
>>>
>>> http://www2.crl.go.jp/ka/radioastro/gif/marcus.gif
>>
>>I got this: http://www.onyxart.com/patrick_small1.jpg . From a
>>distance, it looks like a woman, but in fact it turns out to be a
>>doll.
>>
>>This is all a bit Dave Gorman-ish for comfort, though, innit?
>
> Unexpectedly, I get this:
> http://www.wordwithyou.com/columns/4_12_00.gif

Do a search for "Lindsey" (with an "e") and you find an a image that
definitely isn't work safe.

Eric Jarvis

Mar 13, 2004, 11:32:12 AM3/13/04

how disappointing...I get two pictures of me as the first two...the second
being my favourite since it's just got the back of my head...both bring
back some happy (and beery) memories, so that's OK

--
eric
www.ericjarvis.co.uk

MissJuggs

Mar 13, 2004, 12:32:40 PM3/13/04
On 13 Mar 2004 15:40:40 +0000 (GMT), jane...@chiark.greenend.org.uk
(Janet McKnight) wrote:

>> I _love_ Waggledance. Don't know why. It's like, Nectar to me. Glad
>> to meet another fan.
>
>Have you tried Fuller's(?) organic honey beer? It's much, much nicer than
>Waggledance. Honeyer. Mmmm.

Yes, I have tried it. It was just as good. I just like honey beer,
me. Don't know if it was Fuller's or not.

Linz

Mar 13, 2004, 12:33:38 PM3/13/04
On 13 Mar 2004 16:04:58 GMT, Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:01:24 +0000, Linz <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk>

But that's not my name.

August West

Mar 13, 2004, 12:50:00 PM3/13/04
Marcus Houlden wrote:

> Do a search for "Lindsey" (with an "e") and you find an a image that
> definitely isn't work safe.

Well, gosh!

--
the monkey's got the main line sewed up tight

Flying Hero Sandwich

Mar 13, 2004, 1:37:58 PM3/13/04
wrote this:

>Do a search for "Lindsey" (with an "e") and you find an a image that
>definitely isn't work safe.

Aye, that's some hideous note paper.

Ooh look, it's 'Dervla' Rimmer!

B.

John of Aix

Mar 13, 2004, 3:00:08 PM3/13/04

Big Tone a écrit dans le message ...
>On 13 Mar 2004 02:00:38 GMT, Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>> I am in the fortunate position of having a different waterco for the
>>> supply of said substance, TW merely take it away.
>>
>>You're not stuck wqith 3 Valleys are you?
>>http://www.whtimes.co.uk/archived/2002/wk33_2002/news/asp/water.asp
>
>Good grief no, South East Water, owned by some frog outfit I think.

La Lyonnaise des Eaux? Who may or may not be called Aventis these days.

John of Aix

Mar 13, 2004, 3:30:10 PM3/13/04

Peter Hucker a écrit dans le message ...

>Willy Eckerslyke <oss108n...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> John of Aix wrote:
>>
>>> The French have a saying 'café bouillu, café foutu', boiled coffee is
fucked
>>> coffee.
>>
>> And there was me thinking that In-Grid was but a sweet innocent.
>> (She sung an irritatingly catchy song called "Tu es foutu" last
>> year. Damned good vidjo too.)
>
>Fouto, must remember that word for my next French holiday!

Not 'fouto' but 'foutu' from the verb 'foutre' which strictly speaking means
'to fuck' but is only used in that sense in 'vas te faire foutre'='go and
fuck yourself' otherwise it means 'fuck' as in 'fuck up', so things like
'c'est foutu'='it's fucked' or in things like 'je m'en fous. je n'ai rien à
foutre'= 'I don't give a fuck/toss/tinker's cuss'. Foutre as a noun
means sperm (vulg.).

The general word used for 'fuck' in the sense of sexual intercourse is
'baise' from 'baiser' which, strictly speaking (and as well) means 'kiss'.
So when Chirac kisses the hand of Laura Bush, to her chagrin, he is giving
her a 'baise-main' which is not a 'hand fuck' whereas when Mitterand screwed
his many girlfriends one could say 'il les a baisé'. Generally people use
the word 'embrasser' for 'to kiss' rather than 'baiser'. 'Baiser' can also
be
used figuratively as 'fucked' or 'screwed' could be in English such as in 'I
was screwed by the company' 'la société m'a baisé'. The context sorts it out
usually.

So in the song mentioned above the sense is 'you're fucked/screwed'.

Peter Hucker

Mar 13, 2004, 4:19:44 PM3/13/04
John of Aix <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

ARGH! That's complicated!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos,
including my 5 parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff
blowing up, etc

If a cow laughs, does milk come out of its nose?

John of Aix

Mar 14, 2004, 3:13:38 AM3/14/04

Peter Hucker a écrit dans le message ...
>John of Aix <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>
>> Peter Hucker a écrit dans le message ...

>>> Fouto, must remember that word for my next French holiday!
>>
>> Not 'fouto' but 'foutu' from the verb 'foutre' which strictly speaking
>> means 'to fuck' but is only used in that sense in 'vas te faire
>> foutre'='go and
>> fuck yourself' otherwise it means 'fuck' as in 'fuck up', so things like
>> 'c'est foutu'='it's fucked' or in things like 'je m'en fous. je n'ai
>> rien à foutre'= 'I don't give a fuck/toss/tinker's cuss'. Foutre as a
>> noun
>> means sperm (vulg.).

>> So in the song mentioned above the sense is 'you're fucked/screwed'.
>
>ARGH! That's complicated!

No it isn't, no more than any language. You'll hear the words 'fous' and
foutu' fairly often so just remember it means fuck(ed) as in "I dont give a
fuck" and "it's fucked". Otherwise, if you've got your running shoes on, you
can throw in a 'vas te faire foutre' when some obnoxious civil servant or
parisian waiter comes out with a load of bollocks. You wont be expected to
know the lterary form of the subjunctive pluperfect .

Big Tone

Mar 14, 2004, 7:07:45 AM3/14/04

Posibly but ICBA to find the bill to check, anyway bills depress me,
especially water bills.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/n)?

Peter Hucker

Mar 14, 2004, 9:48:34 AM3/14/04
John of Aix <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> Peter Hucker a écrit dans le message ...
>> John of Aix <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

<snip>

>>> Not 'fouto' but 'foutu' from the verb 'foutre' which strictly speaking
>>> means 'to fuck' but is only used in that sense in 'vas te faire
>>> foutre'='go and
>>> fuck yourself' otherwise it means 'fuck' as in 'fuck up', so things like
>>> 'c'est foutu'='it's fucked' or in things like 'je m'en fous. je n'ai
>>> rien à foutre'= 'I don't give a fuck/toss/tinker's cuss'. Foutre as a
>>> noun
>>> means sperm (vulg.).
>
>>> So in the song mentioned above the sense is 'you're fucked/screwed'.
>>
>> ARGH! That's complicated!
>
> No it isn't, no more than any language. You'll hear the words 'fous' and
> foutu' fairly often so just remember it means fuck(ed) as in "I dont give a
> fuck" and "it's fucked". Otherwise, if you've got your running shoes on, you
> can throw in a 'vas te faire foutre' when some obnoxious civil servant or
> parisian waiter comes out with a load of bollocks. You wont be expected to
> know the lterary form of the subjunctive pluperfect .

I'm crap at learning languages, I only learnt this one subconsciously.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing up,
etc

FREE ONE DOLLAR BILLS!
(Please send $4.95 to cover posting and handling)

Peter Hucker

Mar 14, 2004, 9:52:54 AM3/14/04
Big Tone <davis...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:00:08 +0100, "John of Aix"
> <j.mu...@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>

>> Big Tone a écrit dans le message ...

>>> Good grief no, South East Water, owned by some frog outfit I think.
>>
>> La Lyonnaise des Eaux? Who may or may not be called Aventis these days.
>>
> Posibly but ICBA to find the bill to check, anyway bills depress me,
> especially water bills.

ROTFPMSL! Move to Scotland, we have so much water it's on flat rate :-P

--
http://www.petersparrots.com for a gigabyte of my digital photos, including my 5
parrots
http://www.insanevideoclips.com for videos of people falling over, stuff blowing up,
etc

I went to a museum that had all the heads and arms from the other museums.

Shereen

Mar 20, 2004, 7:14:45 AM3/20/04
Evpuneq Erivf wrote:
> What did you spend your hard earned (or easily extorted, whatever) money
> on today?

Zelda for the GBA. My thumbs hurt.

Shereen

--
Cotton candy and a rotten mouth
You know you're so fucked up

August West

Mar 25, 2004, 5:20:35 AM3/25/04
Stephen Gower wrote:

> If it wasn't for August, I'd
> have stuck with London Pride, so I always blame him for the
> headache the following day.

Eh? What? Whan?
My memory's going, you know...

Linz

Mar 25, 2004, 7:19:51 AM3/25/04
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:02:38 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Gower
<socks-...@earth.li> wrote:

>MissJuggs <releven...@is.tgis.co.uk> wrote:
>>On 13 Mar 2004 15:40:40 +0000 (GMT), jane...@chiark.greenend.org.uk
>>(Janet McKnight) wrote:
>>
>>>Have you tried Fuller's(?) organic honey beer? It's much, much nicer than
>>>Waggledance. Honeyer. Mmmm.
>>
>>Yes, I have tried it. It was just as good. I just like honey beer,
>>me. Don't know if it was Fuller's or not.
>

> It probably was, and if so, is called Honey Dew. I like Fuller's
> beer, but am annoyed I missed Golden Pride being on tap, but it
> remains my favorite bottled beer. If it wasn't for August, I'd

> have stuck with London Pride, so I always blame him for the
> headache the following day.

Sounds fair.
--
A bottle of champagne and a shandy.

August West

Mar 25, 2004, 8:55:26 AM3/25/04
Stephen Gower wrote:
> August West <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote:
>
>>Eh? What? Whan?
>
> You started going on about Golden Pride, so when I saw it I bought
> it. Then I drank some and since then, when I've seen it, I've
> bought it.

Ah, yes, it is indeed excellent stuff. I've yet to find it on tap,
though. Which is possible for the best, really.

>>My memory's going, you know...
>

> It has that effect too.

It's a great soporific, I've found.

MissJuggs

Mar 25, 2004, 2:38:35 PM3/25/04
<socks-...@earth.li> wrote:

>>>Have you tried Fuller's(?) organic honey beer? It's much, much nicer than
>>>Waggledance. Honeyer. Mmmm.
>>
>>Yes, I have tried it. It was just as good. I just like honey beer,
>>me. Don't know if it was Fuller's or not.
>

> It probably was, and if so, is called Honey Dew. I like Fuller's
> beer, but am annoyed I missed Golden Pride being on tap, but it
> remains my favorite bottled beer. If it wasn't for August, I'd
> have stuck with London Pride, so I always blame him for the
> headache the following day.

>--

I buy two bottles of firestoker to celebrate having solved (I think)
the electrolysis/capacitance problem, and what do I find? The beer
thread revived. Excellent!

Glenys

--
Doner Card: I want someone to have my kebab after I die.