Where in the world

2 views
Skip to first unread message

Wordy

unread,
Nov 19, 2002, 5:12:46 PM11/19/02
to
has Pallfreeman been?
--
Wordy
http://photos.yahoo.com/cuzzinkate
so many thoughts; so little attention span

Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 19, 2002, 5:27:01 PM11/19/02
to
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Wordy wrote:

> has Pallfreeman been?

He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
hear voices in their heads.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Wordy

unread,
Nov 19, 2002, 6:42:20 PM11/19/02
to
Alex Buell wrote:

> He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
> hear voices in their heads.

Good question...and the answer?

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 19, 2002, 7:00:03 PM11/19/02
to
In article <3DDACC...@bellsouth.net>, Wordy <word...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>Alex Buell wrote:
>
>> He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
>> hear voices in their heads.
>
>Good question...and the answer?

I'm still waiting.

MI5.V...@five.orgnospam.uk

unread,
Nov 19, 2002, 7:40:56 PM11/19/02
to
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:42:20 -0600, Wordy <word...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>Alex Buell wrote:
>
>> He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
>> hear voices in their heads.
>
>Good question...and the answer?

Sorry, what was that again?

Shapemoc

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 5:07:00 AM11/20/02
to
Wordy wrote:
>
> has Pallfreeman been?

PC World[1]?

Shapemoc

[1] Sorry, but just reading the subject earwormed me.

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 5:24:21 AM11/20/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Shapemoc wrote:

> Wordy wrote:
> >
> > has Pallfreeman been?
>
> PC World[1]?

Carmen has a lot to answer for. Only a immediate nuclear strike will
resolve that question for all time.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 5:39:00 AM11/20/02
to

The answer is, no I don't know if deaf schziods can hear voices in their
heads. Imagery, perhaps.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 7:50:13 AM11/20/02
to
In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.02112...@slut.local.munted.org.uk>,

Well, gee, thanks for that useful insight and fascinating discussion. Such
an exciting supplement to the normal several hundred lines on the topic of
"why I can't get a shag". We must do it again sometime.

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 6:10:13 AM11/20/02
to

Alex Buell <alex....@munted.org.uk> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.02111...@slut.local.munted.org.uk...

> On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Wordy wrote:
>
> > has Pallfreeman been?
>
> He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
> hear voices in their heads.

Interesting. If they've ever heard a voice at all, I imagine they could,
though I believe the standard interpretation is that The Voices are just
thought processes many of us have but keep away from our centre of
conciousness by various means. This requires thought processes to be
basically a type of internal vocalisation, or at least to have an assoxiated
vocalisation process, which might not be the primary mode for the deaf.


Linz

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 11:27:51 AM11/20/02
to
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:12:46 -0600, Wordy wrote:

> has Pallfreeman been?

Hunting out new books for me, I think.

I now have 11 shelves-worth of books on an 8 shelf bookcase. Naturally
all the books that arrive are by authors in the first half of the
alphabet, so I have to redo the shelves every time.

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 12:25:35 PM11/20/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome wrote:

> Interesting. If they've ever heard a voice at all, I imagine they could,
> though I believe the standard interpretation is that The Voices are just
> thought processes many of us have but keep away from our centre of
> conciousness by various means. This requires thought processes to be
> basically a type of internal vocalisation, or at least to have an
> assoxiated vocalisation process, which might not be the primary mode for
> the deaf.

I don't know what I've done to upset him but it's good to see that he's
alive. I suppose you could look at it in this way, our DNA encodes the
operating system necessary to run our bodies, with some modifications
depending on how our plumbing is arranged. Many processes could interact
with each other. Sometimes some of these processes goes wrong thus the
mental illnesses some suffers.

I'm not schziophrenic, what's really wrong with me is that I've got a
phobia socialising with other people, alcohol and 'rugs suppresses it for
a while. I've always been like this all my life, and it's why it's hard
for me to have relationships with people in real life. Oddly enough it's
much easier to interact with people on the 'net.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 2:58:48 PM11/20/02
to
In article <kqqmtu09nibpv5dmf...@4ax.com>,

Linz <li...@lindsayendell.org.uk> wrote:
>Hunting out new books for me, I think.

Nope. The recent earthquakes did that for me. Half a shelf of SF hidden
behind the 'puta books, scattered around the study. Your Virus Man says
you probly don't want the Pern stuff, he be right?

Wordy

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 3:10:31 PM11/20/02
to
Linz wrote:

>>has Pallfreeman been?
>
> Hunting out new books for me, I think.
>
> I now have 11 shelves-worth of books on an 8 shelf bookcase. Naturally
> all the books that arrive are by authors in the first half of the
> alphabet, so I have to redo the shelves every time.

What kind of books?

Wordy

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 3:16:42 PM11/20/02
to
Alex Buell wrote:

> I'm not schziophrenic, what's really wrong with me is that I've got a
> phobia socialising with other people, alcohol and 'rugs suppresses it for
> a while. I've always been like this all my life, and it's why it's hard
> for me to have relationships with people in real life. Oddly enough it's
> much easier to interact with people on the 'net.

Not so surprising. Anymore I'd RATHER socialize on the net.
That's probably cause I'm weary from 30 years of being a wild child.
Lately I don't even want to pick up the phone.
Mine isn't depression; I KNOW depression, yes I do.

Once you go out, though, don't you end up having a good time?

MikeB

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 3:34:27 PM11/20/02
to
In article <3DDB5EC4...@uk-rec-sheds.org.uk>,
Shapemoc wrote:

> Wordy wrote:
> >
> > has Pallfreeman been?
>
> PC World[1]?

Boop, beep, beep, boop.

As the ad sez. I'll bet they paid millions to some agency for those
beeps.

--
www.mikeb.org.uk - the best site in the world, probably.

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 4:22:12 PM11/20/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Wordy wrote:

> Not so surprising. Anymore I'd RATHER socialize on the net. That's
> probably cause I'm weary from 30 years of being a wild child. Lately I
> don't even want to pick up the phone. Mine isn't depression; I KNOW
> depression, yes I do.
>
> Once you go out, though, don't you end up having a good time?

At first, yes. But then I spend a lot of time fighting the fear, and it
causes a lot of stress. Sometimes I have to make an excuse to leave
because the fear's getting too hard to control. I usually end up really
depressed afterwards.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

John of Aix

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 1:23:40 PM11/20/02
to

"August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
6hn0o4....@news2.kororaa.com...

> The entity currently known as Alex Buell wrote:
>
> > Carmen has a lot to answer for. Only a immediate nuclear strike will
> > resolve that question for all time.
>
> Very keen on dishing out retributive violence, aren't you?
> Have you ever though that this might be a little abnormal?

It's them computer games isn't it, they should be banned.


John of Aix

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 1:22:39 PM11/20/02
to

"Alex Buell" <alex....@munted.org.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
Pine.LNX.4.44.021120...@slut.local.munted.org.uk...

>
> I'm not schziophrenic, what's really wrong with me is that I've got a
> phobia socialising with other people, alcohol and 'rugs suppresses it
for
> a while. I've always been like this all my life, and it's why it's
hard
> for me to have relationships with people in real life. Oddly enough
it's
> much easier to interact with people on the 'net.

Well of course. From what I understand of you from here with only your
messages and others' references to guide me, you seem like a perfectly
normal and likeable bloke. I also know that you are deaf so while you
can be that normal bloke here because hearing doesn't much enter into
it, in the ordinary world you are at a great disadvantage and obliged to
give great thought to simple social situations that the rest of us would
deal with automatically. Just don't let it get you down, you are as good
as the next man.


Shereen

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 6:31:22 PM11/20/02
to
Ian Pallfreeman wrote:

>>>He's alive. I emailed him a few days ago about whether deaf schzios can
>>>hear voices in their heads.
>>
>>Good question...and the answer?
>
> I'm still waiting.

Typical voices innit? They're happy to chitter away to you all day
and night, but the minute you have a question for them they clam up.

Shereen

--
"Feck!" said Pooh as he realised he'd missed 'Father Ted'.

http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/ :: part of the solution

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 6:58:17 PM11/20/02
to
In article <3DDC1B4A...@shereen.co.uk>, Shereen <m...@shereen.co.uk> wrote:
>Typical voices innit? They're happy to chitter away to you all day
>and night, but the minute you have a question for them they clam up.

Not mine. They deluge me in conflicting opinions.

Should I post this? Nah.

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 7:00:31 PM11/20/02
to
In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.021120...@slut.local.munted.org.uk>,

Alex Buell <alex....@munted.org.uk> wrote:
>But then I spend a lot of time fighting the fear

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Who said that?

>I usually end up really
>depressed afterwards.

That's normal.

Eric Jarvis

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 10:14:15 PM11/20/02
to

that's not harsh enough...the bastards that write them should also be
strung up by the googlies and lashed with barbed wire until their kidneys
explode

oops...sorry...it's them computer games innit

--
eric
www.ericjarvis.co.uk
"I am a man of many parts, unfortunately most of
them are no longer in stock"

Alexa

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 4:53:04 AM11/21/02
to

Shapemoc <shap...@uk-rec-sheds.org.uk> wrote in message
news:3DDB5EC4...@uk-rec-sheds.org.uk...

> Wordy wrote:
> >
> > has Pallfreeman been?
>
> PC World[1]?

Ah ya bastard. That's now planted firmly in my head, just as I go to sing St
John Passion.


--
One by One the Penguins steal my Sanity.


Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:26:54 AM11/21/02
to
On 21 Nov 2002, Ian Pallfreeman wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.021120...@slut.local.munted.org.uk>,
> Alex Buell <alex....@munted.org.uk> wrote:
> >But then I spend a lot of time fighting the fear
>
> There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Who said that?

As Mr. West said, wasn't that Franklin Delano Roosevelt who said that?



> >I usually end up really
> >depressed afterwards.
>
> That's normal.

I think it just takes time to overcome the fear.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:27:20 AM11/21/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, John of Aix wrote:

> Well of course. From what I understand of you from here with only your
> messages and others' references to guide me, you seem like a perfectly
> normal and likeable bloke. I also know that you are deaf so while you
> can be that normal bloke here because hearing doesn't much enter into
> it, in the ordinary world you are at a great disadvantage and obliged to
> give great thought to simple social situations that the rest of us would
> deal with automatically. Just don't let it get you down, you are as good
> as the next man.

Thanks, that's good to know.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

adownhiller

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:48:36 AM11/21/02
to
"August West" wrote:
<snip>
> Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.

My mum's got a book of that title, can't remember who it's by, though.
She reckons it's done her the world of good to read it. [1]
I can find out the author if you'd like, Alex?

[1] She used to get extremely nervous when in public situations.


Sam Nelson

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:49:45 AM11/21/02
to
In article <6hof8j....@news2.kororaa.com>,

August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:
> The entity currently known as Alex Buell wrote:
>
> > I think it just takes time to overcome the fear.
>
> You don't overcome the fear, you Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.

GBS's `Arms And The Man', innit? That's what it's about, anyway: I don't think
that's an actual quote therefrom.

> Or so the notice my S-i-L[0] has taped to her fridge says.
>
> 0] who had a major breakdown a few years back.

KM's fridge notices:
- You Can't Scare Me---I Have Children
- I Kiss Better Than I Cook[0]
- I Don't Want It All---I Want It All Covered In Whipped Cream And Chocolate

0] And she's a pretty fantastic cook, BTW...
--
SAm.

Sam Nelson

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:52:13 AM11/21/02
to
In article <arih0h$io1na$1...@ID-151488.news.dfncis.de>,

"adownhiller" <*myhandle*@hotmail.com> writes:
> "August West" wrote:
> <snip>
> > Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.
>
> My mum's got a book of that title, can't remember who it's by, though.
> She reckons it's done her the world of good to read it. [1]
> I can find out the author if you'd like, Alex?

Susan Jeffers:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449902927/002-5973963-1586432
--
SAm.

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 7:07:35 AM11/21/02
to
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, adownhiller wrote:

> My mum's got a book of that title, can't remember who it's by, though.
> She reckons it's done her the world of good to read it. [1] I can find
> out the author if you'd like, Alex?

Susan Jeffers. I've ordered it from Amazon today. Ta, hopefully it'll help
me.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

unread,
Nov 20, 2002, 6:02:14 PM11/20/02
to

Alex Buell <alex....@munted.org.uk> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.021120...@slut.local.munted.org.uk...

> alive. I suppose you could look at it in this way, our DNA encodes the
> operating system necessary to run our bodies, with some modifications

I think that's not just a gross oversimplification, but also false.
The "OS that runs us" is as much an emergent property as consciousness: it's
as good as accidental - it's just that the alternatives aren't viable so we
only see the successes.

> I'm not schziophrenic, what's really wrong with me is that I've got a
> phobia socialising with other people, alcohol and 'rugs suppresses it for

not sure it's strictly a phobia, but whatever it is it's entirely
understandable given your hearing problems.

> a while. I've always been like this all my life, and it's why it's hard
> for me to have relationships with people in real life. Oddly enough it's
> much easier to interact with people on the 'net.

that ain't just you!

Linz

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 3:30:20 PM11/21/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:25:35 +0000, Alex Buell wrote:

> I don't know what I've done to upset him but it's good to see that he's
> alive. I suppose you could look at it in this way, our DNA encodes the
> operating system necessary to run our bodies, with some modifications
> depending on how our plumbing is arranged. Many processes could interact
> with each other. Sometimes some of these processes goes wrong thus the
> mental illnesses some suffers.

Er, are you talking about IanP? Perhaps he's not upset at all, he's
just been busy doing things that don't involve emailing you? This
happens, you know.

Linz

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 3:30:23 PM11/21/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:10:31 -0600, Wordy wrote:

> Linz wrote:

> > I now have 11 shelves-worth of books on an 8 shelf bookcase. Naturally
> > all the books that arrive are by authors in the first half of the
> > alphabet, so I have to redo the shelves every time.
>
> What kind of books?

Sci-fi. Although some of it only vaguely brushes one edge of the
genre, seemingly classified as such because the author previously
wrote a book which /was/ sci-fi.

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 3:54:54 PM11/21/02
to
In article <vq5otugdv6kdr163o...@4ax.com>,

Linz <li...@lindsayendell.org.uk> wrote:
>Er, are you talking about IanP? Perhaps he's not upset at all, he's
>just been busy doing things that don't involve emailing you?

Well, the busy bit is true -- I was planning to post a ranting summary
of The Trials Of The Talosian Servers last night, but I'm glad I didn't,
because it just keeps getting worse. I can grin about it right now, but
I think I need a big red flashing DANGER sign to wear on the bus home.

Anyway, miss, it was him wot didn't email me.

>This
>happens, you know.

The problem is dealing with the "right, what next" syndrome when the supply
of new toys runs out, after a few weeks spent hammering them into shape.
I really enjoy work, it's a shame I so rarely get to do it in my job.

all mail refused

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 3:57:43 PM11/21/02
to


--
decoy mail addresses: obtain username via 0x4f/tcp or 0x50/tcp
random words follow - don't take too seriously!
Substances and Disease Registry rushed to download a current copy
of RISKS know, many Internet users because most Netizens only
use a monitored email system, he has produced a fix -- and an
ID number in hand).

Alexa

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 4:12:40 PM11/21/02
to

Sam Nelson <s...@ssrl.org.uk> wrote in message
news:arih8p$6go$4...@wallace.stir.ac.uk...
> In article <6hof8j....@news2.kororaa.com>,

> KM's fridge notices:
> - You Can't Scare Me---I Have Children
> - I Kiss Better Than I Cook[0]
> - I Don't Want It All---I Want It All Covered In Whipped Cream And
Chocolate

Heh.
I have "I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

Marcus Houlden

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 4:52:13 PM11/21/02
to
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:12:40 -0000, Alexa <squishyr...@ntlworld.com>
wrote the following to uk.misc:

>
> Sam Nelson <s...@ssrl.org.uk> wrote in message
> news:arih8p$6go$4...@wallace.stir.ac.uk...
>> In article <6hof8j....@news2.kororaa.com>,
>> KM's fridge notices:
>> - You Can't Scare Me---I Have Children
>> - I Kiss Better Than I Cook[0]
>> - I Don't Want It All---I Want It All Covered In Whipped Cream And
> Chocolate
>
> Heh.
> I have "I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

I just have one on my fridge. It says "Have you seen this chicken?" (the
Wallace & Gromit wanted poster)

mh.
--

"Our challenge is to continually maintain timely services while maintaining
the highest standards"

Shereen

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 5:28:12 PM11/21/02
to

Kewl. Do they ever bicker amongst themselves too? That might be
entertaining.

> Should I post this? Nah.

I see the voices ignored you and caused it to be posted anyway.

Shereen

--
"It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/ - part of the solution

all mail refused

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:28:42 PM11/21/02
to
In article <slrnatqidk...@notatla.demon.co.uk>, all mail refused wrote:
>In article <arih8p$6go$4...@wallace.stir.ac.uk>, Sam Nelson wrote:
>>In article <6hof8j....@news2.kororaa.com>,
>> August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:
>>> The entity currently known as Alex Buell wrote:
>>>
>>> > I think it just takes time to overcome the fear.
>>>
>>> You don't overcome the fear, you Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.
>>
>>GBS's `Arms And The Man', innit? That's what it's about, anyway:
>>I don't think that's an actual quote therefrom.

(I reconfigured my newsreader and it sent that followup without my
contribution.)

ISTR GBS said something like:
The cowardice was as univeral as the seasickness - and as unimportant.

--
decoy mail addresses: obtain username via 0x4f/tcp or 0x50/tcp
random words follow - don't take too seriously!

Ness Ave., No.

Ian Pallfreeman

unread,
Nov 21, 2002, 6:31:15 PM11/21/02
to
In article <3DDD5DFC...@shereen.co.uk>, Shereen <m...@shereen.co.uk> wrote:
>Ian Pallfreeman wrote:
>> In article <3DDC1B4A...@shereen.co.uk>, Shereen <m...@shereen.co.uk> wrote:
>>>Typical voices innit? They're happy to chitter away to you all day
>>>and night, but the minute you have a question for them they clam up.
>>
>> Not mine. They deluge me in conflicting opinions.
>
>Kewl. Do they ever bicker amongst themselves too? That might be
>entertaining.

But of course. As the Psychos say, "you're never alone with a headful
of relatives". That's why I wonder what it's like not having voices.

>> Should I post this? Nah.
>I see the voices ignored you and caused it to be posted anyway.

They do that. Sometimes I just think "well, fuck the lot of you", and I
do what I want. Although it's difficult to know just what that is,
especially if you're a bloke in a long-term relationship.

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 4:47:07 AM11/22/02
to
On 21 Nov 2002, Ian Pallfreeman wrote:

> In article <vq5otugdv6kdr163o...@4ax.com>,
> Linz <li...@lindsayendell.org.uk> wrote:
> >Er, are you talking about IanP? Perhaps he's not upset at all, he's
> >just been busy doing things that don't involve emailing you?
>
> Well, the busy bit is true -- I was planning to post a ranting summary
> of The Trials Of The Talosian Servers last night, but I'm glad I didn't,
> because it just keeps getting worse. I can grin about it right now, but
> I think I need a big red flashing DANGER sign to wear on the bus home.
>
> Anyway, miss, it was him wot didn't email me.

<hangs head in shame>

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Willy Eckerslyke

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 5:36:12 AM11/22/02
to
Alex Buell wrote:

>>Once you go out, though, don't you end up having a good time?
>
> At first, yes. But then I spend a lot of time fighting the fear, and it
> causes a lot of stress. Sometimes I have to make an excuse to leave
> because the fear's getting too hard to control. I usually end up really
> depressed afterwards.

How do you get by with work? Since you change jobs so often, don't you
get the same anxieties about meeting new people that way? Or is it only
in social circles?

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 6:23:31 AM11/22/02
to
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome wrote:

> I think that's not just a gross oversimplification, but also false. The
> "OS that runs us" is as much an emergent property as consciousness: it's
> as good as accidental - it's just that the alternatives aren't viable so
> we only see the successes.

Indeed, the failures are somewhat more akin to GPFs...



> > a while. I've always been like this all my life, and it's why it's hard
> > for me to have relationships with people in real life. Oddly enough it's
> > much easier to interact with people on the 'net.
>
> that ain't just you!

But very dangerous. Yopu become so isolated from the real world, and you
start to lose touch with reality.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Alex Buell

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 6:24:38 AM11/22/02
to
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Willy Eckerslyke wrote:

> How do you get by with work? Since you change jobs so often, don't you
> get the same anxieties about meeting new people that way? Or is it only
> in social circles?

I've managed to hold down the same job for about three years; most of that
was working from home, so the problems weren't that apparent. Before that
I used to change jobs quite often.

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Linz

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 7:49:00 AM11/22/02
to
On 21 Nov 2002 11:49:45 GMT, Sam Nelson wrote:

> KM's fridge notices:
> - You Can't Scare Me---I Have Children
> - I Kiss Better Than I Cook[0]
> - I Don't Want It All---I Want It All Covered In Whipped Cream And Chocolate

My kinda woman. I have
- You can touch the dust but please don't write in it
- This life must be a test, if it was the real thing we'd be given
better instructions

Linz

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 7:49:02 AM11/22/02
to
On 20 Nov 2002 19:58:48 GMT, Ian Pallfreeman wrote:

> In article <kqqmtu09nibpv5dmf...@4ax.com>,
> Linz <li...@lindsayendell.org.uk> wrote:
> >Hunting out new books for me, I think.
>
> Nope. The recent earthquakes did that for me. Half a shelf of SF hidden
> behind the 'puta books, scattered around the study. Your Virus Man says
> you probly don't want the Pern stuff, he be right?

Well, not that I don't want it, as I have most of it, but I think I
know of a good home it can go to. I'm slowly corrupting a pre-teen
towards sci-fi fantasy. He loved the Doug Adams, BTW.

Sam Nelson

unread,
Nov 22, 2002, 7:51:13 AM11/22/02
to
In article <jo0stu485stv4ot0p...@4ax.com>,

Linz <sp...@nospam.lindsayendell.org.uk> writes:
> On 21 Nov 2002 11:49:45 GMT, Sam Nelson wrote:
>
> > KM's fridge notices:
> > - You Can't Scare Me---I Have Children
> > - I Kiss Better Than I Cook[0]
> > - I Don't Want It All---I Want It All Covered In Whipped Cream And Chocolate
>
> My kinda woman.

I could've told you that. You oughta be able to work out how.
--
SAm.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages