Final ever episode

A.N.Other

Mar 19, 2013, 7:14:58 PM3/19/13
It's the last ever episode on Sunday. It seems such a shame that they
chose to bow out with a minor castle and a couple of clip shows :-(

Time Team - You will be sorely missed.

Chris J Dixon

Mar 20, 2013, 3:43:15 AM3/20/13
I very much agree. Dilute the content and shuffle the broadcast
time so the even fans need to check their recorder settings every
week.

They had a unique and much-loved programme. Then somebody decided
that they had to "improve" the format of the penultimate season,
which was soon seen to be a backwards step. I'm surprised they
didn't push this last series over to somewhere like More4, they
clearly didn't want it any longer.

Meanwhile, what has happened to Beat the Ancestors? According to
various sources it is a series of either 5 or 6 programmes, yet
screening on 5 seems to have stalled after only 2 episodes.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
ch...@cdixon.me.uk

Plant amazing Acers.

Mike Swift

Mar 20, 2013, 7:26:38 AM3/20/13
In article <0fpik8pppippb0k54...@4ax.com>, Chris J Dixon
<ch...@cdixon.me.uk> writes
>>It's the last ever episode on Sunday. It seems such a shame that they
>>chose to bow out with a minor castle and a couple of clip shows :-(
>>
>>Time Team - You will be sorely missed.
>
>I very much agree. Dilute the content and shuffle the broadcast time so the
>even fans need to check their recorder settings every week.
>
>They had a unique and much-loved programme. Then somebody decided
>that they had to "improve" the format of the penultimate season, which was
>soon seen to be a backwards step. I'm surprised they didn't push this last
>series over to somewhere like More4, they clearly didn't want it any longer.

A sad day, I've loved TT over the years, if there was any criticism it
was always archaeology dressed up as entertainment with the three day
format, a bit like Top Gear being more about entertainment with cars
involved, but both very good for all that.

>Meanwhile, what has happened to Beat the Ancestors? According to
>various sources it is a series of either 5 or 6 programmes, yet screening on
>5 seems to have stalled after only 2 episodes.

I wondered that, it showed promise, luckily my Virgin Tivo box picks up
the series link even after some time and if the time and day changes, we
shall see.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange