Llygadwy 2001 - a few questions?

Spokes

May 30, 2007, 8:37:49 AM5/30/07
Hi

This episode went to air in Australia last night. Yeah, we're a few
years behind you on this one.

About Llygadwy, did you think the two farmers were being honest (or
fair dinkum in our lingo)?

How much could be attributed the wacky reverend of the 1800s?

Do you think Tony and the TT were holding back on what they really
thought of the farmers?

It's been a few years down the track now...any fresh thoughts on this
particular episode?

John Cartmell

May 30, 2007, 9:06:29 AM5/30/07
In article <1180528669.5...@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
Spokes <spokes...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

> This episode went to air in Australia last night. Yeah, we're a few
> years behind you on this one.

This is the fraudulent one?

> About Llygadwy, did you think the two farmers were being honest (or
> fair dinkum in our lingo)?

Not in the slightest.

> How much could be attributed the wacky reverend of the 1800s?

None.

> Do you think Tony and the TT were holding back on what they really
> thought of the farmers?

Yes.

> It's been a few years down the track now...any fresh thoughts on this
> particular episode?

Good episode. Archaeologists aren't stupid - and don't tangle with TT or (next
time) they will set a certain female archaeologist on you. I think it was
fairly plain what she really wanted to do with them - and it probably involved
barbed wire. ;-)

--
John Cartmell jo...@finnybank.com 0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820

Spokes

Jun 2, 2007, 10:19:11 AM6/2/07
On May 30, 11:06 pm, John Cartmell <j...@cartmell.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <1180528669.555786.113...@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

> Spokes <spokesman...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > This episode went to air in Australia last night. Yeah, we're a few
> > years behind you on this one.
>
> This is the fraudulent one?

Yes.

> > About Llygadwy, did you think the two farmers were being honest (or
> > fair dinkum in our lingo)?
>
> Not in the slightest.
>
> > How much could be attributed the wacky reverend of the 1800s?
>
> None.
>
> > Do you think Tony and the TT were holding back on what they really
> > thought of the farmers?
>
> Yes.
>
> > It's been a few years down the track now...any fresh thoughts on this
> > particular episode?
>
> Good episode. Archaeologists aren't stupid - and don't tangle with TT or (next
> time) they will set a certain female archaeologist on you. I think it was
> fairly plain what she really wanted to do with them - and it probably involved
> barbed wire. ;-)

Jenni did look a trifle annoyed, so did Carenza.

At the end of the day, I reckon TT knew what was up from the start.
The absence of local experts was evident, who obviously knew the site
to be fake, and possibly tipped them off. The episode showcased TT's
skills in exposing dodgy sites and a lesson to anyone thinking of
trying such stunts in the future.
I would've gone a step further and asked the plod to come in and
inquire about how the objects came into their posession. Then again it
might be a wasteful exercise. the farmer was good at playing dumb.

> John Cartmell j...@finnybank.com 0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820

Ann Jones

Apr 21, 2009, 6:02:41 PM4/21/09
I have only just seen the comments written on this site and I would like to
say I live near Llegadewy. Firstly the owners of this site never wanted TT
or any others to do a dig there. It is my understanding the owner had got
out of hospital the day before TT did the dig. To suggest the farmer planted
the findings of lots of different objects is just pure contempt. TT- it
appears did all they could to discredit the site and did not commence the
dig with an open mind. How an earth would the farmer know where TT was going
to dig? did the farmer point out where to dig? No he did not. TT went to
that site intent on doing all they could to discredit the entire site and
farmers. However even if it was all set up be the farmer,I would take my hat
off and say good try! not many would have the guts and bottle to go all the
way.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/115526.aspx

Chris J Dixon

Apr 22, 2009, 2:38:52 AM4/22/09
Ann Jones wrote:

So, now you have got that off your chest, what are you actually
saying?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK