BBC 1 Channel Islands

Gary Betreen

Jul 10, 2003, 4:39:39 PM7/10/03
Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till the end
of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1 Wales/Scotland
/N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands come on stream. The
channel is just black at the moment with the BBC interactive banner at the
bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

Gary

^_^

Jul 10, 2003, 5:40:32 PM7/10/03

I was watching BBC Ch. I. earlier (about 14.00), so it's either
changed since then, or it's a problem at your end.

HTH.

David Lees

Jul 10, 2003, 5:43:43 PM7/10/03
"^_^" <^_^@blah.com> wrote in message

How do you know which region it was? What was on at 14:00? Neighbours or
something? It was probably BBC London.

Gary Betreen

Jul 10, 2003, 5:53:33 PM7/10/03
The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel Islands. They
used to get there regional news from Spotlight South West from Plymouth but
that changed some years back.

Gary

"David Lees" <ne...@davidlees.f9.co.uk> wrote in message

^_^

Jul 10, 2003, 6:28:07 PM7/10/03

Well now that you've asked that question I know exactly what time it
was, because I've remembered I was watching the local news. They
didn't even have a studio, it was just some woman sitting in an office
(as in, on a normal desk), surrounded by people. She was reading from
a piece of paper which she made no effort to hide :P.

Ian McMillan

Jul 10, 2003, 6:45:19 PM7/10/03
Gary Betreen <gary.b...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
I8kPa.653$Qr4....@newsfep2-gui.server.ntli.net

How can you choose which region to watch?
--
Ian McMillan - HTML is for web pages, not e-mail or usenet!
i...@NOSPAMimcmillan.co.uk

Phil

Jul 11, 2003, 12:16:33 AM7/11/03
The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn. They need
to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to Plymouth.

Phil

Mark Carver

Jul 11, 2003, 2:28:25 AM7/11/03
Gary Betreen wrote:
> The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel
> Islands. They used to get there regional news from Spotlight South
> West from Plymouth but that changed some years back.

They still do in the main. There's a sub opt-out at 10:30pm from
a small studio on Jersey. (AIUI actually at the Fremont Point transmitter)

Stephen Neal

Jul 11, 2003, 5:15:33 AM7/11/03
On 11/7/03 7:28 am, in article belleb$69g44$1...@ID-75131.news.uni-berlin.de,
"Mark Carver" <markc...@onetel.net.uk> wrote:

I believe there is a sub-opt during the 1830 show now as well.

Steve

Stephen Neal

Jul 11, 2003, 5:23:51 AM7/11/03
On 10/7/03 10:53 pm, in article
_dlPa.797$Qr4....@newsfep2-gui.server.ntli.net, "Gary Betreen"
<gary.b...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel Islands. They
> used to get there regional news from Spotlight South West from Plymouth but
> that changed some years back.

BBC One South West (from Plymouth) is still the off-air feed used for BBC
One Channel Islands - though there is a sub-opt away from this at 2225 (and
1830 I think)

It was Channel TV (the ITV franchise) who moved from the ITV South West
(Westward / TSW / Westcountry) off-air feed to a an ITV South (Southern /
TVS / Meridian) feed (now by fibre?)

I believe that the changeover was a result of advertising disagreements -
Channel got more money from the ITV South than the ITV South West franchise
holder for rebroadcast purposes?

Steve

^_^

Jul 11, 2003, 8:27:41 AM7/11/03

And during the 1 o'clock news too. I live in the South West and what
I was watching on BBC CI certainly wasn't Spotlight.

^_^

Jul 11, 2003, 8:29:04 AM7/11/03

?! This doesn't make sense, I was watching it yesterday.

Mark Carver

Jul 11, 2003, 4:13:15 PM7/11/03

I've never seen anything other than a black picture, and the S+S box
saying "This is BBC Interactive" That's what's there now [21:12hrs 11/7 }

Are you sure you're not looking at BBC ONE CB, rather than CI ?

Gary Betreen

Jul 11, 2003, 6:14:19 PM7/11/03
I agree with Mark, my BBC CI region is the same , black with a blue epg
showing BBC Interactive. It maybe that as earlier in this posting the BBC
need some new equipment installed to get the signal back to Plymouth.

All the other regions are fine.

Gary
"Mark Carver" <markc...@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message

^_^

Jul 11, 2003, 7:01:23 PM7/11/03

I get a black screen for CI now too, but I'm willing to bet my life,
my family's and (if they agree) the rest of this country's, that I was
watching the local CI news during Wednesday's 1 o'clock programme.

Hopefully someone can back me up.

Stephen Neal

Jul 12, 2003, 4:58:21 AM7/12/03

Yep - but was it the real service - or a test of the sub-opt switching gear?
It could have been a camera in an office at Plymouth - or a test of the new
studio in Jersey (I believe that the Jersey studio may move?)

Steve

tyty...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2013, 8:00:25 PM3/11/13