*WARNING* "Win A Million" scratchcard (Purely Creative) scam, in Sky Magazine

[H]omer

May 11, 2006, 10:37:43 AM5/11/06
This is a heads-up warning to all Sky customers.

I'm sure you've all had one of these scratchcards before.

Brace yourself; you're about to get a whole lot more.

They invariably come as little scratchcards inside the sky magazine, but
also I have been getting these sent to me through the post (with my real
name on them ... not "the occupier").

That last point worries me. I *never* enter any competitions, nor sign
up for anything remotely spammy, so it looks like these scum have
acquired my contact details directly from Sky. They've even misspelt my
name the same way Sky does, so that pretty much confirms it.

I'd say its pretty obvious that Purely Creative have a deal with Sky.

If you do a Google and/or Groups search for "Purely Creative" or
"Sandylands House" or "1 Mannin Way" you will see that these people are
criminals, pure and simple.

Actually Google Groups retention from this group is terrible; better try
"archivum" or similar.

I first posted to this group on this subject in August of last year; see:

http://www.archivum.info/uk.media.tv.sky/2005-08/msg00011.html

And:

http://www.archivum.info/uk.media.tv.sky/2005-08/msg00010.html

And no ... I'm not giving up. I'll hound these bastards into oblivion.

Background: Purely Creative is a spammy scratchcard premium-rate number
scammer; previously a subsidiary of Thus Plc. (the Scottish telco that
owns Demon Internet); and very recently acquired by DM Plc - another
even bigger spam/scam merchant (http://www.dmplc.com/).

The bad news is that DM are a much bigger, more organised, and much more
determined mob than the previous small-fry, so it is likely that (with
their very recent acquisition of Creative Services) all Sky customers
are about to be shitbombed by these scum.

Better start preparing those ICTIS and ASA complaints letters.

--
K. (Privacy Activist)
/* values of ß will give rise to dom! */

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC4
07:38:35 up 3 days, 11:09, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

paul carter

Mar 5, 2009, 4:24:20 PM3/5/09

joh...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2013, 6:43:22 AM4/5/13
I got one in Kerrang. They're also opperating from an address in Carlton Road, Lancaster.