Sky+ Box

DJH

Mar 24, 2013, 4:56:40 AM3/24/13
I'm just about to cancel Sky - we're at the point now where we can no longer
afford it and we've been through the half price negotiating bit many times.
We have a Sky+ Box. After cancelling Sky, is that totally redundant? Will it
not be able to record Freeview channels?
And what about the stuff on there that's recorded? There are a couple of TV
programmes my granddaughter was in - do I lose all that?
Or is that any way to transfer what I've got recorded to memory stick or
something?
Thank you for your help

Andy Hawkins

Mar 26, 2013, 4:52:03 PM3/26/13

In article <W7Kdncgo9MpRItPM...@brightview.co.uk>,
I believe that you used to be able to cancel your Sky TV sub, but retain the
£10 Sky+ charge. However, now that there is no charge for Sky+ features, I'm
not sure if that's still the case.

As for the recordings you currently have, they are encrypted on the hard
disk, and you need an active subscription for each recording to be able to
play it back (with the exception of recordings of channels broadcast in the
clear obviously).

Andy