new series if anyone is still looking

sparhawk

Nov 2, 2015, 11:52:00 AM11/2/15
http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

"CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star
Trek television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a
special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere
episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available
exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Networks digital
subscription video on demand and live streaming service."

Your Name

Nov 2, 2015, 3:12:13 PM11/2/15
In article <n1847a$f7p$1...@dont-email.me>, sparhawk
Crap Trek: The Series

Avoid like the toilet waste that it is.

R.I.P. *real* Star Trek. :-(

Dr Zoidberg

Nov 3, 2015, 7:41:09 AM11/3/15

"Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
Aren't you the bundle of joy!

Alex

Alex

sparhawk

Nov 3, 2015, 10:34:04 AM11/3/15
"Dr Zoidberg" <alexNOOOO!!!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message

>> "Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Crap Trek: The Series
>>
>> Avoid like the toilet waste that it is.
>>
>> R.I.P. *real* Star Trek. :-(
>>
> Aren't you the bundle of joy!
>
> Alex

I was overwhelmed by the postitivity

Daniel Titley

Nov 3, 2015, 1:31:35 PM11/3/15
Where and when do you think it will be set?

John Hall

Nov 3, 2015, 1:32:15 PM11/3/15
In message <031120150912063188%Your...@YourISP.com>, Your Name
<Your...@YourISP.com> writes
How do you know without having seen it? I suspect that it's more likely
to be poor than to be good, but surely it's unfair to judge it in
advance.

>R.I.P. *real* Star Trek. :-(

So which of the various incarnations do you consider "real"?
--
John Hall
"Honest criticism is hard to take,

Your Name

Nov 3, 2015, 3:27:52 PM11/3/15
In article <n1ak16$c13$1...@dont-email.me>, sparhawk
Hey, I'm definitely *positive* it'll be another load of crap peeing all
over the original shows.

Your Name

Nov 3, 2015, 3:31:51 PM11/3/15
In article <D3goSoIW1POWFwAv@jhall_nospamxx.demon.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <031120150912063188%Your...@YourISP.com>, Your Name
> <Your...@YourISP.com> writes
> >In article <n1847a$f7p$1...@dont-email.me>, sparhawk
> ><imspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017
> >>
> >> "CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star
> >> Trek television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with
> >> special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere
> >> episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available
> >> exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Networks digital
> >> subscription video on demand and live streaming service."
> >
> >Crap Trek: The Series
> >
> >Avoid like the toilet waste that it is.
>
> How do you know without having seen it? I suspect that it's more likely
> to be poor than to be good, but surely it's unfair to judge it in
> advance.

You don't need to see it. It'll either fit with JJ Abrams' Crap Trek
movies or will be yet another attempt to idiotically "reboot" the
franchise again. Either way, it's not going to fit with *real* Star
Trek.

> >R.I.P. *real* Star Trek. :-(
>
> So which of the various incarnations do you consider "real"?

Everything before the first crappy "reboot" attempt by Beavis &
Butthead: "Enterprise".

Those aren't "incarnations" as such, simply sequel shows all set within
the actual same universe and [mostly] the same background. Then
"Enterprise" came along and pee'd all over established facts. Then JJ
Abrams came along and totally screwed up the franchise again with his
ill-fitting crap hiding behind a pathetic and largely unworkable
"alternate universe" nonsense. :-(

Your Name

Nov 3, 2015, 3:32:49 PM11/3/15
In article <1aa71b78-45fc-4b01...@googlegroups.com>,
Inside a 21st century toilet ... or at least that'll be where they get
all their ideas from. :-(

sparhawk

Nov 3, 2015, 4:22:27 PM11/3/15
"Daniel Titley" <abe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
original would be nice, after Nemesis, but it will probably be alternate
next generation season 1 :)

sparhawk

Nov 3, 2015, 4:24:04 PM11/3/15

"John Hall" <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <031120150912063188%Your...@YourISP.com>, Your Name
> <Your...@YourISP.com> writes
>>
>>Crap Trek: The Series
>>
>>Avoid like the toilet waste that it is.
>
> How do you know without having seen it? I suspect that it's more likely to
> be poor than to be good, but surely it's unfair to judge it in advance.

yeah we only do that with new Star Wars... :)

Your Name

Nov 3, 2015, 7:50:18 PM11/3/15
In article <n1b8he$52c$1...@dont-email.me>, sparhawk
With JJ Abrams involved the new Star Wars is only likely to be crap.
The new Star Trek *will* be crap - it'll either be based on Abrams
"reboot" version or yet another stupid attempt to "reboot" it.

Dr Zoidberg

Nov 4, 2015, 2:28:42 AM11/4/15

"sparhawk" <imspa...@gmail.com> wrote in message
And Ghostbusters 3 [1]

Alex

[1] Which I'm really looking forward to.

Alex

Dr Zoidberg

Nov 4, 2015, 2:30:59 AM11/4/15

"Daniel Titley" <abe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I'll be very surprised if it's set in the original time line - it'll be too
confusing for viewers to market two different Trek universes.
My guess is the alternate time line, either set around the period of the new
films but not directly connected, or jump forwards a bit to a TNG era.
The former feels most likely.
--
Alex

Dr Zoidberg

Nov 4, 2015, 2:32:06 AM11/4/15

"Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
Don't worry - your original shows will be unaffected.
JJ Abrams isn't going to sneak in and replace the DVDs with a special
edition with Jar Jar Binks added.
--
Alex

sparhawk

Nov 4, 2015, 10:57:00 AM11/4/15
"Dr Zoidberg" <alexNOOOO!!!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
Jar Jar retconned into Justice would be amazing hehe