Help! What happened between Worf and Troi?

Tim

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
Help! What happened between Worf and Troi?

At the end of TNG there was a serious love interest between Worf and Troi,
then Worf turns up in DS9 and goes after Dax (though, who can blame him...)
Then in Star Trek First Contact when Worf first transports over to the
Enterprise, there is obvious animosity between him and Troi.

Did I miss something? What ended their relationship? Help!

Cheers

Tim

Paul Weaver

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
Tim wrote in message <6smv6i$3an$1...@eros.clara.net>...

Spoilers for Star Trek: First Contact (which has not been shown on BBC/ITV)

Nothing on screen, cant remember much about Generations, which was the last
time troi and Worf saw each other before
In First contact, Worf seemed 'apart' from everyone in First Contact IMO.

>Cheers
>
>Tim

Paul Weaver pa...@weaver.demon.co.uk ICQ: 5754460
http://www.botf.com : FedCom , Star Trek BotF
Proud editor of http://www.newhoo.com

David Thorp

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98

Paul Weaver wrote in message
<904856202.18827.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Tim wrote in message <6smv6i$3an$1...@eros.clara.net>...
>
>Spoilers for Star Trek: First Contact (which has not been shown on BBC/ITV)

>>Help! What happened between Worf and Troi?
>>
>>At the end of TNG there was a serious love interest between Worf and Troi,
>>then Worf turns up in DS9 and goes after Dax (though, who can blame
him...)
>>Then in Star Trek First Contact when Worf first transports over to the
>>Enterprise, there is obvious animosity between him and Troi.
>>
>>Did I miss something? What ended their relationship? Help!
>

>Nothing on screen, cant remember much about Generations, which was the last
>time troi and Worf saw each other before
>In First contact, Worf seemed 'apart' from everyone in First Contact IMO.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Tim

Worf was of course seeing Dax in the timeframe of the film (being mid Season
5 of DS9). Perhaps Troi found out he was seeing her and wasn't too
impressed. I can't say I've noticed this but will have a look next time I
watch FC.

Dave Thorp

Stephen Clifford

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98

Also, I think in Way of the Warrior (the DS9 eps. where Worf turns up)
O'Brian makes some comment along the lines of 'Sorry to hear about you
and Troi' to Worf.

So I think they were supposed to have split up before WOTW.

And if you remember 'All Good Things' Bev says something to Riker about
the fact that Worf still hasn't forgiven him for stopping them getting
together...

'Money don't buy happiness, Gytha'
'I only wanted to rent it for a few weeks'
- Maskerade

Tim Fountain

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
In article <35EFDD33...@qwango.com>, Stephen Clifford

<URL:mailto:bon...@qwango.com> wrote:
> David Thorp wrote:
> >
> > Paul Weaver wrote in message
> > <904856202.18827.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...
> > >Tim wrote in message <6smv6i$3an$1...@eros.clara.net>...
> > >
> > > Spoilers for Star Trek: First Contact (which has not been shown on
> > > BBC/ITV)

> > > Nothing on screen, cant remember much about Generations, which was the
> > > last time troi and Worf saw each other before In First contact, Worf
> > > seemed 'apart' from everyone in First Contact IMO.
> >
> > Worf was of course seeing Dax in the timeframe of the film (being mid
> > Season 5 of DS9). Perhaps Troi found out he was seeing her and wasn't too
> > impressed. I can't say I've noticed this but will have a look next time I
> > watch FC.
>
> Also, I think in Way of the Warrior (the DS9 eps. where Worf turns up)
> O'Brian makes some comment along the lines of 'Sorry to hear about you
> and Troi' to Worf.
>
> So I think they were supposed to have split up before WOTW.
>
> And if you remember 'All Good Things' Bev says something to Riker about
> the fact that Worf still hasn't forgiven him for stopping them getting
> together...

Yeah but that was in the part that was meant to be set in 'the alternate
future'. Right at the beginning of All Good things, Worf and Troi have just
come back from a walk on the holodeck (or something like that), so I think
they were still meant to be together then.

--
Tim Fountain (t...@markgf.demon.co.uk), at home on an A7000+ _alpha_ on IRC
WWW: <http://www.markgf.demon.co.uk/> - New sprites for Fresco and Marcel

Richard Sliwa

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Stephen Clifford wrote:

<snip FC spoilers>

> And if you remember 'All Good Things' Bev says something to Riker about
> the fact that Worf still hasn't forgiven him for stopping them getting
> together...

But considering that was said in the alternative future timeline, and
none of that happens, it can be discounted as proof of anything. :)

In the "correct" AGT timeline (ie not 7 years in the past or 25 years in
the future, but "now"), Worf & Troi are very much an item...

--
Star Trek in Sound and Vision http://www.STinSV.com
Boldly Going Where No Web Site Has Ever Gone Before

Will Dockery

Jan 16, 2013, 7:11:13 AM1/16/13
> > And if you remember 'All Good Things' Bev says something to Riker about
> > the fact that Worf still hasn't forgiven him for stopping them getting
> > together...
>
> Yeah but that was in the part that was meant to be set in 'the alternate
> future'. Right at the beginning of All Good things, Worf and Troi have just
> come back from a walk on the holodeck (or something like that), so I think
> they were still meant to be together then.

Being completely new to NG, I've wondered this, and taking the series as a stand alone, it seems that the Worf-Troi subplot is just dropped in the transition from television to film.

There was obviously a split, but apparently off camera, and untold in cotext of the story, right?

paul.we...@googlemail.com

May 20, 2017, 3:42:21 AM5/20/17
Wow, 15 years after the first thread. Yes the split was offscreen, the books have looked at it I believe - imazdi II from memory. I don't think there was any evidence one way or another about trio and worf in generations, but my feeling is they split between AGT and Generations.