new Elite space game (OT) No hazelnuts, not bites!

Angus

Dec 28, 2012, 7:15:45 AM12/28/12

Hi y'all,

Happy Christmas everybody (Yo, Raj!).

I don't know if its of any interest at all, but there's a fairly solid
link with B5....

David Braben is attempting to raise funds with a Kickstarter project in
order to produce the game he wants to make, Elite: Dangerous. He's got
until Jan the 4th to get the rest of the £1.25m - he's just past £1m as
I type so its looking, tight but possible.

Here's a clip from the youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGHM6wu1WY4

Elite was the game that made me decide to buy a home computer - a CBM
64. Despite the fact that it wasn't yet available for that platform I'd
played it at work on a BBC machine, and had read that Telecomsoft had
paid a huge sum for the rights to release it on other 8-bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRjaZsVRtgc

Jeepers! It was a _long_ time before I saw that game as a very cleverly
written program, rather than a magical universe of adventure.

The joy of finally tracking down the Constrictor ship, and being
rewarded with the Naval Energy Unit - Right on, Commander!

And then there were the Thargoids, and learning to triger the jump into
Witchspace, and.... and....

Bruce Goatly

Jan 3, 2013, 6:06:38 AM1/3/13
Angus wrote:

> David Braben is attempting to raise funds with a Kickstarter project in
> order to produce the game he wants to make, Elite: Dangerous. He's got
> until Jan the 4th to get the rest of the £1.25m - he's just past £1m as
> I type so its looking, tight but possible.

Glad to see it's reached its initial target.

And a Happy New Year to all our readers!

--
Bruce

Angus

Feb 16, 2013, 6:58:07 AM2/16/13
In article <4DdFs.440642$kX.2...@fx18.am4>, s...@goatly.co.uk says...
Thanks Bruce, I erm.... we appreciate it. :)

John M Ward

Feb 16, 2013, 11:15:41 AM2/16/13
In article <MPG.2b8984a7a...@news.demon.co.uk>,
I just hope the new game will include Starfuries among the spacecraft...

--
John M Ward, who nearly gave his first-ever solo performance of
~~~~~~~~~~~| the B5 Season 4 opening sequence (with actions!) at