Page 45 meme

Richard Tibbetts

May 23, 2013, 5:55:23 AM5/23/13
So I read this thread elsewhere on the interwebs that goes "open the
book nearest to you now. Go to page 45 and read the first complete
sentence. This will describe you sex life for the next year."

The nearest book to me happened to be a 1995 tome "The Encyclopedia of
TV Science Fiction". Page 45 is the B5 entry. So far so good (if a
little coincidental), but the first sentence was:

"Humans and aliens wrapped in 2,500,00 toms of metal, all alone in the
night."

:0

I'm considering giving up sex for the next year!!

Vince M Hudd

May 23, 2013, 7:12:57 AM5/23/13
Richard Tibbetts <ric...@primepeace.ltd.uk> wrote:

> So I read this thread elsewhere on the interwebs that goes "open the book
> nearest to you now. Go to page 45 and read the first complete sentence.
> This will describe you sex life for the next year."

> The nearest book to me happened to be a 1995 tome "The Encyclopedia of TV
> Science Fiction". Page 45 is the B5 entry. So far so good (if a little
> coincidental),

Heh. :)

> but the first sentence was:

> "Humans and aliens wrapped in 2,500,00 toms of metal, all alone in the
> night."

> :0

> I'm considering giving up sex for the next year!!

You think that's bad? The nearest book I have to hand where I am right now
is the user manual for a very old version of Sage Instant Accounts. The
sentence in question is:

"When you use the Configuration Editor to set up your company defaults, you
can save your settings on a template."
--
Soft Rock Software: http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd: http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/

AC

May 24, 2013, 4:40:13 AM5/24/13
Closest book: Timebomb by Gerald Seymour (Shit BTW)

"The dislike was based on his keen rudeness, his refusal to guild lilies
when most would have applied a brush of sensitivity, his short fuse
impatience, and boorish refusal to accept diminished standards."

Oh fuck......... or lack there of.

The real shit, is that Mrs AC would probably agree...

--
AC